Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XI - 2,615 in ROI (46 deaths) 410 in NI (21 deaths)(29/03)*OP upd 28/03*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

If anyone can solve the ventilator problem its Musk/Tesla. Far more innovative and dynamic than GM.

Trump turned to the wrong company.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,866 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

How do you quarantine NY? Do you switch off wall street?

Just ask Stephen King, I hear he does some very effective Domes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

Daz_ wrote: »
    People shopping for food - a necessity
    Lads out fishing for the sport of it - clowns

Nail on the head there, hope you aren’t trying to be witty because you failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Wibbs wrote: »
    The problem is M, the two patients must require essentially the same ventilator output. I can see it working in patients that "just" require extra oxygen to get them over the hump(like those "helmets" the Italians have stalled giving to us), but not people sedated, muscles paralysed and intubated attached to a ventilator breathing for them.

yeah its beyond my rudimentary engineering knowledge. But maybe there is a way to split the airflow into two tubes and then have regulators on each tube which are operated from the software interface?
    tony1980 wrote: »
    Have a client in the Hamptons. Their families in NY have already left last week to go to the Hamptons. I’d say a lot more will try do the same now.

Isnt the Hamptons in New York state though on Long Island? I would have thought New Yorkers are going to make a dash to get out of the state entirely before Trump calls the quarantine that he has now publicly indicated is on the way.

If anyone can solve the ventilator problem its Musk/Tesla. Far more innovative and dynamic than GM.

Trump turned to the wrong company.

If Musk did a ventilator, it's only function would be to inflate his ego and garner Twitter hits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭coastwatch

Anita Blow wrote: »
    I'm a doctor in Dublin :)

Thank you for all your work during this crisis and for your contribution on here.
    Please pass on thanks to all your colleagues too.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Sean 18

How come their seems to be an awful lot of People dead in the UK in their 20s with no underlying health issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭jackboy

People shopping for food - a necessity
    Lads out fishing for the sport of it - clowns

True, but it is the shoppers spreading the virus.

cnocbui wrote: »
    Just ask Stephen King, I hear he does some very effective Domes.

He also did a short story years ago where most of the world died from a new strain of flu.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_Surf

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

Blaze420 wrote: »
    Nail on the head there, hope you aren’t trying to be witty because you failed.

Witty ? What the hell are you on
    About ?
    This is ****ing serious stuff and it pisses me off that people can’t stay the **** at home .
    Hope that’s clear enough for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,553 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Anita Blow wrote: »
    I'm a doctor in Dublin :)

No doctor would lower themselves to posting on Boards, especially not here

86qLqaUq_400x400.png

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

jackboy wrote: »

I’m assuming you are some sort of troll or something so I’ll just leave it there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Un1corn wrote: »
    The WHO have to go on the basis of the numbers that China gives them. They have no way to verify it independently. I didn't say they are being hoodwinked. I said they are not in a position to very Chinese statistics. Nobody is. It is a closed, intransparent and secretive system and international organizations, for example the WHO, will not be given access to anything the Chinese don't want them to see.

The WHO also are not politically independent and needs to keep the Chinese authorities satisfied. I have no idea why but they are walking on eggshells with China. This isn't about the numbers but for example, they don't allow Taiwan membership of their organization for fear of upsetting China. Look at this interview of a Taiwanese journalist questioning a WHO official gets shut down and he avoids answering the question.

https://youtu.be/tCFPFWsIPmM

He clearly does not want to upset China for some reason. Challenging their numbers would surely upset them also.

In reality I imagine there is a sh*tstorm coming after this.
    Countries and governments are too busy dealing with what’s happening now to really do anything else.
    I imagine when it all calms down and we are looking at the Numbers , People will want answers and hopefully then the pressure gets put on them.
    The Numbers they have given out are Boll*x.
    They tried to cover this up.
    I imagine their propaganda machine is in full force now about how the government is helping the world.
    The reliance of every country on China now to deliver stuff to deal with this is hopefully an eye opener that that has to stop.

I think when people start doing proper investigations we will get a proper picture and hopefully a strong response from the countries on this side of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

This virus could have been genetically engineered by China in Wuhan in order to deny Trump another 4 years in office! Disgrace!

US said not genetically engineered.

But given previous reports re US army Lab in Texas ordered closed, Sept. '19, it may have been a case of getting retaliation in first.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,062 ✭✭✭Talisman

DubInMeath wrote: »
    He also did a short story years ago where most of the world died from a new strain of flu.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_Surf
    The Stand?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

Talisman wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Not looking to criticise you after going to the effort of presenting that table, but the data must be incorrect. Last night (March 28th), Tony Holohan said there were 71 in ICU "as of this morning", i.e. yesterday morning.

If 67 is the official number then somebody is playing with them.

67 is the official number as per the Government press release today up to midnight Thursday the 26th:-

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/df67ed-an-analysis-of-the-1904-cases-of-covid-19-in-ireland-as-of-thursday-/

What? There have been several.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,463 ✭✭✭✭elperello

cnocbui wrote: »
    If Musk did a ventilator, it's only function would be to inflate his ego and garner Twitter hits.

If I needed a ventilator I wouldn't be worrying about the ego of the donor or his twitter hits.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭jackboy

I’m assuming you are some sort of troll or something so I’ll just leave it there

Fine. Keep your head in the sand.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

86qLqaUq_400x400.png

Post history would indicate otherwise

• Advertisement

Talisman wrote: »
    The Stand?

Nope night surf as per the link I added.

Didn't read the stand as I got a bit bored with his writing and felt like he was becoming predictable.

Sean 18 wrote: »
    How come their seems to be an awful lot of People dead in the UK in their 20s with no underlying health issues?

Give us a number that qualifies as an awful lot. I'll bet you come up with less than 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Un1corn

XsApollo wrote: »
    Countries and governments are too busy dealing with what’s happening now to really do anything else.
    I imagine when it all calms down and we are looking at the Numbers , People will want answers and hopefully then the pressure gets put on them.
    I imagine their propaganda machine is in full force now about how the government is helping the world.
    The reliance of every country on China now to deliver stuff to deal with this is hopefully an eye opener that that has to stop.

I think when people start doing proper investigations we will get a proper picture and hopefully a strong response from the countries on this side of the world.

Oh I know. You should watch this link when they call him back. The WHO isn't acting independently here at all and are going out of their way to avoid offending China.

Look https://twitter.com/HKWORLDCITY/status/1243865641448169474

I can't take the figures from China seriously. I've worked there for years and I am telling you, never ever believe anything they say.

Cameraman wants evidence the statistics are fake. Given this is China I want evidence that they are real. It's more likely to be fake and China isn't a transparent system where we can independently verify anything so I'm going to err on the side of skepticism.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,553 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Registered Users Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

jackboy wrote: »

Do you not think the lads chatting together before they go fishing, while periodically walking up to each other for another chat, may also be spreading it? We have to buy food, we don't need to go fishing.

Also I was shopping myself today, alone. Heard a lad behind me giving out about the queue to get in. He was in to buy more booze for his house party.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,360 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

bekker wrote: »
    US said not genetically engineered.

But given previous reports re US army Lab in Texas ordered closed, Sept. '19, it may have been a case of getting retaliation in first.

Well, that escalated quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,243 ✭✭✭Cody montana

I’ve just watched mrs brown’s boys.
    It can only get better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

Yeah maybe, after a few hundred thousand of your citizens are dead. That’s the price of putting a vacuous braindead orange retard in charge of your country though so reap what you sow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭mouldybiscuits

XsApollo wrote: »

China gets a lot of bad press because of bad press (Western propaganda). There is constant negative news and articles about China because they are a massive economic rival to the biggest Western nations. Media is not unbiased. You need to look at the bigger picture to get an understanding of what is really happening.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Trump has come out and said he "might" place three states including New York into quarantine. Wtf was he doing thinking out loud before an official announcement. Millions of people in NY right now must be thinking of scrambling out of there before the quarantine begins. The wealthiest of them cant even shout 'To the Hamptons!' because thats within NY state :pac:

Trump has called up 1 million reservists to assist in the battle against covid19. Trump has also threatened the Defence Production Act to compel auto manufacturing giants such as GM and Ford to make ventilators.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement