Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XI - 2,615 in ROI (46 deaths) 410 in NI (21 deaths)(29/03)*OP upd 28/03*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

jackboy wrote: »
    Fine. Keep your head in the sand.

Yeah cancel all food shopping and carry on fishing in groups - you have it all worked out .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

cnocbui wrote: »
    If Musk did a ventilator, it's only function would be to inflate his ego and garner Twitter hits.

Tesla is light years ahead of the rest of the industry. But hey lets ignore that and avoid them because we don't like Musk.

Just like people ignored the lessons from China and continue to stupidly ignore them because they don't like the Chinese political model. Daft.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Sean 18

Give us a number that qualifies as an awful lot. I'll bet you come up with less than 5.

It's coming up on the sun I've seen more than 10 in the last hour

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Un1corn

China gets a lot of bad press because of bad press (Western propaganda). There is constant negative news and articles about China because they are a massive economic rival to the biggest Western nations. Media is not unbiased. You need to look at the bigger picture to get an understanding of what is really happening.

True. But do you believe them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭jackboy

Do you not think the lads chatting together before they go fishing, while periodically walking up to each other for another chat, may also be spreading it? We have to buy food, we don't need to go fishing.

Also I was shopping myself today, alone. Heard a lad behind me giving out about the queue to get in. He was in to buy more booze for his house party.

Of course. But a large queue of shoppers is far more risky than a small group of fishermen. If we want to beat the virus we need to stop thinking about what is allowed or not allowed, the virus does not care about any of that.

We need to stop large crowds, such as queues at shops. We may have to book slots to get into shops with no queues allowed outside. I think the Chinese did something like that. If it gets worse we will be doing that, no doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Blaze420 wrote: »
    Yeah maybe, after a few hundred thousand of your citizens are dead. That’s the price of putting a vacuous braindead orange retard in charge of your country though so reap what you sow.

Where is your criticism of Italy, France, Spain China and Iran.
    They have more dead and with the exception of China have much smaller populations. New York alone has almost double the population of Ireland.

Is it because Trump? Trump is bad. Orange

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

coastwatch wrote: »
    Thank you for all your work during this crisis and for your contribution on here.
    Please pass on thanks to all your colleagues too.

I appreciate it. I'm privileged to work in the health service at this time and for the first time in a while I feel like I'm apart of a service which is comparable or exceeds that of other major countries. I really hope the effort made and adaptability of the health service over the past couple weeks is borne out in the statistics over the coming weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,459 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Tesla is light years ahead of the rest of the industry. But hey lets ignore that and avoid them because we don't like Musk.

Just like people ignored the lessons from China and continue to stupidly ignore them because they don't like the Chinese political model. Daft.

It's not a political model.
    The CCP have the whole country in an armlock for the last 70 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,360 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Blueshoe wrote: »
    They have more dead and with the exception of China have much smaller populations. New York alone has almost double the population of Ireland.

If only Trump were Taoiseach. Things would be so beautiful in Ireland now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Lads.

The virus can’t move itself.

People move the virus.

Stay the f at home.

Ffs....... fishing, Jesus :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I think we in the west should pay much closer attention to China. We are too complacent with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,865 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

China gets a lot of bad press because of bad press (Western propaganda). There is constant negative news and articles about China because they are a massive economic rival to the biggest Western nations. Media is not unbiased. You need to look at the bigger picture to get an understanding of what is really happening.

China gets a lot of bad press because it thoroughly deserves it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Sean 18 wrote: »
    How come their seems to be an awful lot of People dead in the UK in their 20s with no underlying health issues?

Eh? Where are you getting that info from?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

branie2 wrote: »
    Northern Ireland under lockdown now

no, since 1969

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

however this sound when I compare numbers of deaths from corona so far in the world (30k) and for example that over 3 million people worldwide died from cancer since the beginning of the year - this kind of calms me down.. not that it makes the tragedy any lesser..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

I’m not going to criticise countries who knew what this was and did their best. Trump on the other hand downplayed this, even promised to reopen the country in a few weeks because “Murica is open for business”. He’s a retard, his followers are retards and I feel sorry for the swathes of people who will die because this ****ing imbecile is running their country

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

If only Trump were Taoiseach. Things would be so beautiful in Ireland now.

How about Guiseppe Conte?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭weisses

GTFO ... Go build a snowman in the weather forum

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Un1corn wrote: »
    I think we in the west should pay much closer attention to China. We are too complacent with them.

We are too dependent on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Jaysus that's a massive boat. They other ones with the big guns are fvck all use now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,215 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

If anyone can solve the ventilator problem its Musk/Tesla. Far more innovative and dynamic than GM.

Trump turned to the wrong company.
    Could he try and help without calling someone a paedo this time?

China gets a lot of bad press because it thoroughly deserves it.

I couldn't agree more. I am not saying the west handled this better at all by the way. Just saying the Chinese Communist Party is an absolute abomination and blight on humanity. They have the people of mainland China in a vice and I would love nothing more for this to be the event that brings their house of cards to the ground.

How about Guiseppe Conte?

Didn't he manage Chelsea? Did well enough.

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    We are too dependent on them.

This is also true and I am starting to question whether it is ethical for us to continue trading with a regime that has currently got 1 million Muslims in concentration camps. We should seriously consider decoupling.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,553 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Florida reports 840 new cases and 10 new deaths, highest so far.

That's among the most vulnerable states in the US due to a preponderance of retirees. Also Mar-a-Lago.

Un1corn wrote: »
    This is also true and I am starting to question whether it is ethical for us to continue trading with a regime that has currently got 1 million Muslims in concentration camps. We should seriously consider decoupling.

Let's wait until those planes come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

gmisk wrote: »
    Could he try and help without calling someone a paedo this time?

He can call me a Peado if he can sort this out. who cares

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Lavinia wrote: »
    however this sound when I compare numbers of deaths from corona so far in the world (30k) and for example that over 3 million people worldwide died from cancer since the beginning of the year - this kind of calms me down.. not that it makes the tragedy any lesser..

Guess what, you can't catch cancer if the person with cancer sneezes at you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

If that was obama......It's a good video in fairness. Glad I'm not in New York though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,865 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Sean 18 wrote: »
    It's coming up on the sun I've seen more than 10 in the last hour

Do you have a link for that?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement