Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lunchtime Live with Ciara Kelly [Mod warning post #1]

Options

Comments

I know 2 people who were tested on Saturday and still don’t have results so have to stay off work -all self employed and running small businesses . Ciara kelly gets tested on Sunday, results Monday. its wrong that people are still waiting and have to listen to CK on the radio today (albeit from her hotpress) ....it should be the same rules for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BillyBird

I know 2 people who were tested on Saturday and still don’t have results so have to stay off work -all self employed and running small businesses . Ciara kelly gets tested on Sunday, results Monday. its wrong that people are still waiting and have to listen to CK on the radio today (albeit from her hotpress) ....it should be the same rules for everyone.

You're assuming the rules have something to do with results speed. Maybe it's just a factor of where the test was done.

Even if they were tested in the same centre maybe it is the same rules for everybody i.e. just like any medical facility in the world the rule is that you're processed based on medical grounds not first come, first served.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,597 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

She got the results on Tuesday.

Bunch of weirdos round here.

She's only pretending?

Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭FarmerBrowne

FFS, she will be talking sh*te about her having it now until Christmas, no one will get a word in edge ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

pinkyeye wrote: »

However, it's bugging me that she keeps saying she's broadcasting from the hot press. What size of a fecking hot press has she got????

maybe she means her sauna

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    She got the results on Tuesday.

Bunch of weirdos round here.

She's only pretending?

Jesus.

Well she could be telling lies, I mean I can't say for sure that she is but I can't say for sure that she isn't either.

How do you know she was tested? How do you know she got the results on Tuesday? How do you know for certain that she has covid-19?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Well she could be telling lies, I mean I can't say for sure that she is but I can't say for sure that she isn't either.

How do you know she was tested? How do you know she got the results on Tuesday? How do you know for certain that she has covid-19?

Yea be careful. She might be also a vampire trying to suck your blood. How do you know she isn't? You can't know for certain

• Registered Users Posts: 19,597 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Well, either she's telling the truth or a qualified doctor is telling lies and Newstalk, Joe Duffy and Prime Time are all in on it.

Ah, sure f*ck it, how do I even know there IS a Covid 19? I've never seen it. How do I know everyone who claims to have been diagnosed isn't just a bleedin waffler?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

This was from the 13th March - Does this mean that Gilroy must now go in to self isolation?

attachment.php?attachmentid=506148&stc=1&d=1584570754

If so, this may be the most productive contribution that Ciara Kelly will ever make to broadcasting.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Well, either she's telling the truth or a qualified doctor is telling lies and Newstalk, Joe Duffy and Prime Time are all in on it.

Ah, sure f*ck it, how do I even know there IS a Covid 19? I've never seen it. How do I know everyone who claims to have been diagnosed isn't just a bleedin waffler?

You don't think the media tells any lies whatsoever? I think that's naive to be honest.

Ps, I didn't say she was 100% lying, just saying I'm not fully convinced and it wouldn't surprise me if it was a stunt.

Also I don't swallow everything I'm told without at least considering the possibility that it may not be 100% true, but perhaps you do.

• Advertisement

meeeeh wrote: »
    Yea be careful. She might be also a vampire trying to suck your blood. How do you know she isn't? You can't know for certain

Haha well that is a concern, might even leave the window open tonight for Ciara, this social distancing is shockin' boring, wouldn't mind seeing a few new faces!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

This was from the 13th March - Does this mean that Gilroy must now go in to self isolation?

think he's safe, looks just about 2m distance

• Registered Users Posts: 14,593 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Come on now Huntergonzo.
    Suspend your doubt.
    The woman has two careers both of which would be over forever if she was telling lies on such a grand scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,524 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

You don't think the media tells any lies whatsoever? I think that's naive to be honest.

Ps, I didn't say she was 100% lying, just saying I'm not fully convinced and it wouldn't surprise me if it was a stunt.

Also I don't swallow everything I'm told without at least considering the possibility that it may not be 100% true, but perhaps you do.

Takes a messed up mind to think a member of the Medical register would fake having such a disease publicly.

You are either being deliberately provocative or it's something which you could see yourself doing and so suspect others would behave in the same way.

elperello wrote: »
    Come on now Huntergonzo.
    Suspend your doubt.
    The woman has two careers both of which would be over forever if she was telling lies on such a grand scale.

Granted it wouldn't do her medical reputation much good but media personalities telling lies or at least fabricating stories isn't exactly uncommon!

My doubt remains, but again, if she has it I don't wish any harm on her or her family, quite the opposite in fact, I wish them well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,593 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Granted it wouldn't do her medical reputation much good but media personalities telling lies or at least fabricating stories isn't exactly uncommon!

My doubt remains, but again, if she has it I don't wish any harm on her or her family, quite the opposite in fact, I wish them well.

"Wouldn't do her medical reputation much good" :)

If that's the best you can muster I'll leave you to it.

Takes a messed up mind to think a member of the Medical register would fake having such a disease publicly.

You are either being deliberately provocative or it's something which you could see yourself doing and so suspect others would behave in the same way.

Takes a naive mind to 100% trust the media.

I like to provoke thought alright, I don't like to see people passively swallowing everything they're told, especially from a media outlet.

But I will admit I do find the the brash retorts quite amusing, not only do people seem to believe everything they're told but they apparently also get quite wound up and upset when others don't.

Ps, don't forget she may indeed have the virus but I can't say for sure.

elperello wrote: »
    "Wouldn't do her medical reputation much good" :)

If that's the best you can muster I'll leave you to it.

Thank you, all the best.

I like to provoke thought alright, I don't like to see people passively swallowing everything they're told, especially from a media outlet.

But I will admit I do find the the brash retorts quite amusing, not only do people seem to believe everything they're told but they apparently also get quite wound up and upset when others don't.

Ps, don't forget she may indeed have the virus but I can't say for sure.

You're not provoking any thought other than what you are doing is showing your true colors.

Nope I despise people who swallow any nonsense from FB or 'alternative' media and then boast how you need to question everything traditional media reports.

Majority of people here who criticize Ciara will swallow and alternative fact tweet Trump/Bannon/Putin serves them because that's what they want to hear. And then you delude yourself you ate media savvy.

There is absolutely no proof that would indicate she is lying. You just decided it's likely because you don't like her. And according to you that is critical thinking. Well it is critical but there isn't much thinking involved.

• Advertisement

You're not provoking any thought other than what you are doing is showing your true colors.

I've provoked quite a few thoughts in fairness, but I've also learned a few things myself, such as:

1. The media never tells lies
    2. Doctors are incapable of telling lies
    3. Anyone who questions either of the above is a wrongin'
    4. Also I think someone said Ciara was a vampire a couple of posts back, which was interesting.

Anyway I'm off to bed, good night and take care :-)

meeeeh wrote: »
    Nope I despise people who swallow any nonsense from FB or 'alternative' media and then boast how you need to question everything traditional media reports.

Majority of people here who criticize Ciara will swallow and alternative fact tweet Trump/Bannon/Putin serves them because that's what they want to hear. And then you delude yourself you ate media savvy.

There is absolutely no proof that would indicate she is lying. You just decided it's likely because you don't like her. And according to you that is critical thinking. Well it is critical but there isn't much thinking involved.

Well now look, you've gone too far, Trump wouldn't lie and that's a FACT!!

Good night John-boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

What if you don’t like Ciara or Trump?

What if you don’t like Ciara or Trump?

It's irrelevant who you like or dislike. It's about rational criticism not the one fueled by irrational hatred of Kelly or Trump.

However there is a nice big cross section of those who go on about liberals and muslims being responsible for all the world problems and those who hate Ciara Kelly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭1874

I had never even heard of this Ciara Kelly wan 8 months ago for sure, I used to listen to Montcrief a bit, but I think I just tuned out of Newstalk.
    She is without a doubt, the worst radio host I've ever heard, very annoying, can barely tolerate her voice, I couldnt put my finger on it, repeatedly saying stuff, and I think someone else mentioned it, interrupting,
    So she has C-19, so what? 75% plus of the population will probably will have it, people and herself referring to her as a Dr, others have stated she is not registered, she is and seems like the type suited for media somewhere, but not as a radio presenter, from the little Ive heard, it just seems to be her spouting her opinions.
    How long on the go has she been? I'm astonished going back a few pages people defending her and seemingly like her

I wouldn't be a big fan either, but she doesn't have to be criticised for absolutely everything she does.

She is as annoying a person as Ive come across, Im not surprised she gets on well in this country

It's really important that people know that this is NOT a type of flu. It shares some symptoms with the flu, but it is not the same thing.
    Also there does seem to be some stigma with it, even though there shouldn't be.

What stigma?

Faugheen wrote: »
    Are you actually suggesting that she is lying about having COVID-19?

I wouldnt put it past her, this one makes Claire Byrne look good.

Is she even a registered Dr anymore?

1874 wrote: »
    I had never even heard of this Ciara Kelly wan 8 months ago for sure, I used to listen to Montcrief a bit, but I think I just tuned out of Newstalk.
    She is without a doubt, the worst radio host I've ever heard, very annoying, can barely tolerate her voice, I couldnt put my finger on it, repeatedly saying stuff, and I think someone else mentioned it, interrupting,
    So she has C-19, so what? 75% plus of the population will probably will have it, people and herself referring to her as a Dr, others have stated she is not registered, she is and seems like the type suited for media somewhere, but not as a radio presenter, from the little Ive heard, it just seems to be her spouting her opinions.
    How long on the go has she been? I'm astonished going back a few pages people defending her and seemingly like her

She is as annoying a person as Ive come across, Im not surprised she gets on well in this country

What stigma?

I wouldnt put it past her, this one makes Claire Byrne look good.

Is she even a registered Dr anymore?

Christ. How can someone profess to be so informed and yet so clueless in one post.

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭adrian92

Please , I would ask all, to be gentle.
    None is perfect.
    First stone and that.
    Words can hurt people, we all know

Address a view, not the person, please

Christ. How can someone profess to be so informed and yet so clueless in one post.

Im professing to be informed? Im giving my opinion, I do not like her, she doesnt come across well to me, likes to hear the sound of her own voice so much she cuts people off.
    What part do you think is clueless? is she a Dr still? the stigma? I dont think there is, She seems like a very self serving person to me.
    I dont like Ryan Tubridy, because, I just dont, but I always thought he is a pretty good radio presenter.
    She grates on me, is it that I dont like her that bothers you, many seem not to like her

1874 wrote: »
    Im professing to be informed? Im giving my opinion, I do not like her, she doesnt come across well to me, likes to hear the sound of her own voice so much she cuts people off.
    What part do you think is clueless? is she a Dr still? the stigma? I dont think there is, She seems like a very self serving person to me.
    I dont like Ryan Tubridy, because, I just dont, but I always thought he is a pretty good radio presenter.
    She grates on me, is it that I dont like her that bothers you, many seem not to like her

You seem very knowledgeable on whether or not she is a good radio host and what her persona is but yet don't know that she is still a registered Dr.
    Not sure how you could have formed the detailed opinions you have without picking up on that fact.

But hey, everyone is entitled to an opinion.

• Advertisement

You seem very knowledgeable on whether or not she is a good radio host and what her persona is but yet don't know that she is still a registered Dr.
    Not sure how you could have formed the detailed opinions you have without picking up on that fact.

But hey, everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Yep, I said I dont know if she is still a registered Dr, I outright asked that, as someone mentioned that she wasn't a few pages back and I was wondering, is she like Varadker a former Dr not on the books but it's mentioned and referred to like they are still a practicing Dr?
    I don't really see what's wrong with admitting I don't know something about someone I havent been aware of for that long, and then asking if something is correct or not? then be accused of "professing to be so well informed" ???

I also said I had not heard of her more than 8mths ago, could even be less
    So, is she a registered Dr? and so what? I didnt and still dont know for sure, if she is, Im fairly appalled, hopefully she was a better Dr than she is a radio presenter.
    What kind of Dr is/was she? I hope not a GP, how would a patient ever have gotten a word in if she doesn't listen?
    Anyway, I just don't warm to her, she makes me want to switch channel.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement