Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lunchtime Live with Ciara Kelly [Mod warning post #1]

Options
1131132133134135137»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I welcome reasoned debate on every topic. How is it yourself and a few more aren't capable of that outside of using buzzwords like feminazi and the like?

literally the definition of irony.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

You have to realise that you are dealing with losers such as JonathanAnon/generalgerry and ButtersSuki. This is their only outlet. They have been here for years spouting the same crap. They are never going to change so you are wasting your time trying to change their viewpoint. The radio forum is an absolute embarrassment, second only to Current Affairs as the worst forum on the site. The constant abuse of various presenters tolerated by the so-called moderators is shocking. Let the clowns have their little playground.

I know they are not going to change.
    I really continue to try to 'debate' their positions because to choose not would just leave them to their circle jerk of pessimism and negativity. Radio is a very interesting medium and is something on which there are many interesting topics discussed daily. It should be possible to discuss these topics without what we do see most often here.

I know at least one of these has pretty much stated that their hatred of some presenters is beyond debate so I just ignore them. Maybe I'd be better off doing the same to the others, but just haven't decided to do this yet.

You have to realise that you are dealing with losers such as JonathanAnon/generalgerry and ButtersSuki. This is their only outlet. They have been here for years spouting the same crap. They are never going to change so you are wasting your time trying to change their viewpoint. The radio forum is an absolute embarrassment, second only to Current Affairs as the worst forum on the site. The constant abuse of various presenters tolerated by the so-called moderators is shocking. Let the clowns have their little playground.

And once again the personal insults. Sigh.

I really continue to try to 'debate' their positions because to choose not would just leave them to their circle jerk of pessimism and negativity. Radio is a very interesting medium and is something on which there are many interesting topics discussed daily. It should be possible to discuss these topics without what we do see most often here.

The irony, which I guess you can’t see, is I could have written that and it would be equally valid.

I know at least one of these has pretty much stated that their hatred of some presenters is beyond debate so I just ignore them. Maybe I'd be better off doing the same to the others, but just haven't decided to do this yet.

Is this aimed at me? I don’t hate any presenter. Hate is an incredibly strong word. The presenter that I have disliked the most in recent memory years was Paul Williams - and to paraphrase Ciara Kelly - yes, he is a man.

Also the ‘pretty much’ comment is assumptive, but don’t let that get in the way of fact-based narrative.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

Why do you hate men, or is it just men with opinions that you hate? Maybe you might have better luck talking to men, than being judgmental of them. And so on and so forth.

Ha 'debate' indeed, the above is your 'debating' style, I just changed the genders.

You prefer to attack the poster rather than the content (like your 2 good amigos, meeeeh in particular), and if there isn't enough there to attack that's no problem you'll just make it up, with particlar emphasis on playing the misogyny card. It's all entertainingly predicatable.

Ps, but don't forget we also have plenty in common such as our support for SSM and Repeal (assuming you supported those), which is great, bet you love that! ;-)

Happy sunday.

MOD NOTE

Closing this thread as it has degenerated into an unacceptable amount of personal abuse of users.

Any other thread that opens up and degenerates likewise will be closed too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement