Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lunchtime Live with Ciara Kelly [Mod warning post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,544 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

A blogger on Instagram said on Sunday that she had all the symptoms. A colleague of mine who knows her personally and has playdates with her kids etc

Does your colleague that knows her personally often organise playdates with their kids & Ciara Kelly's adult children?
    Who's the blogger?

etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭adrian92

I would ask the Moderator to take this forum down.

Such personal comments are not what Boards was supposed to be about

Hopefully I can express my view

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

adrian92 wrote: »
    I would ask the Moderator to take this forum down.

Such personal comments are not what Boards was supposed to be about

Hopefully I can express my view

This thread is not about Ciara Kelly and coronavirus. There are almost 4000 posts mostly about how pathetic and weak her broadcasting is / has been. If you wish to talk about coronavirus, there are dozens on other platforms. Don`t try to hijack this thread for your own reasons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

They are now using her illness to promote the show. Her, with her sad little voice, describing how she found out and how now (like the martyr that she is) she is still presenting the show from the hot press. I hope this helps people to see her appearance on Liveline as the self serving promotion it was, and not the community service she would like to portray it as.

I would be of the impression if it was anybody else of her age that had the illness she would be giving out to them for being a drama queen in that "sticking her oar in where it doesn't belong" manner of hers.

They are now using her illness to promote the show. Her, with her sad little voice, describing how she found out and how now (like the martyr that she is) she is still presenting the show from the hot press. I hope this helps people to see her appearance on Liveline as the self serving promotion it was, and not the community service she would like to portray it as.

I would be of the impression if it was anybody else of her age that had the illness she would be giving out to them for being a drama queen in that "sticking her oar in where it doesn't belong" manner of hers.

I agree with this, shameless promoting of her show now, she was on Joe Duffy and Prime Time last night, straight from her hotpress. Hundreds of people have Coronavirus now and thousands more will. Will they be all given a platform to talk about how they're doing on a daily basis? She is acting like some kind of modern day martyr. She is lucky enough that she looks and sounds like she just has a cold.
    There are thousands who will get this and be completely alone, no kids, no partner, no family, no live streaming. THEY are the ones I feel sorry for, THEY are the ones who will need help!

Newstalk is not a public service broadcaster!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

meeeeh wrote: »

There is absolutely no proof that would indicate she is lying.

Where is the proof that she's telling the truth?

Just so I'm clear, are you saying that it's completely impossible that someone would lie to self-promote? Do you know what NPD (Narcissistic Personality Disorder) is? The most recent edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders lists nine criteria for NPD, but it specifies that someone only needs to meet five of them to clinically qualify as a narcissist.

9 official criteria for NPD:
    • grandiose sense of self-importance
    • preoccupation with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
    • belief they’re special and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people or institutions
    • need for excessive admiration
    • sense of entitlement
    • interpersonally exploitative behavior
    • lack of empathy
    • envy of others or a belief that others are envious of them
    • demonstration of arrogant and haughty behaviors or attitudes

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

So you decided that she is lying and that she has NPD.

I don't know much about psychology but I do know enough that only charlatan would diagnose on so little info. Are you a charlatan or just someone deluded about his own abilities?

Btw only a complete moron would not use this to promote the show. Newstalk is commercial organisation and using this what they should do in challenging media environment.

I don't know much about psychology but I do know enough that only charlatan would diagnose on so little info. Are you a charlatan or just someone deluded about his own abilities?

Did I say she has NPD? No.

As usual, you avoid the question:

Just so I'm clear, are you saying that it's completely impossible that someone would lie to self-promote?

Note: I'm not saying she's lying, I'm asking a question.

Btw only a complete moron would not use this to promote the show. Newstalk is commercial organisation and using this what they should do in challenging media environment.

Peronal comments again, sigh. Would be great if you could debate the issue for once without resorting to insults.

• Advertisement

As usual, you avoid the question:

Just so I'm clear, are you saying that it's completely impossible that someone would lie to self-promote?

Note: I'm not saying she's lying, I'm asking a question.

No I'm not. But I respect people enough to believe them unless I have a reason not to. Unlike you I like to see the best in people unlike many here I must say who want to think the worst of others just to make themselves feel better.

Btw why posting NPD description then? Are you one of those people who never say anything they just imply...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,114 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Personally I can't wait until Unscripted Friday!!!
    Where *Anything GOES!!*
    and
    "Its your show!!!"
    "I havent a clue what we are talking about next!!!!1111ONE!"

Cannot stand the interrupting bint.

Peronal comments again, sigh. Would be great if you could debate the issue for once without resorting to insults.

It was just a question. And a valid one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Guess we won't be hearing about 100 days of walking for the next fourteen days at least. Every cloud has a silver lining. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

She is quite an annoying host to be honest but her show divides opinion which keeps people tuning in.

I always feel like the show is always trying to be 'woke' and she always gives her opinion when introducing a topic and says 'maybe i could be wrong' even though she has never changed her mind about anything over the course of discussions. It really does my head in when people try to appear humble like that.

The first caller on almost every topic agrees with her position, and has the first word, gains the empathy of listeners and it's very hard from then on to have a different opinion.

No I'm not. But I respect people enough to believe them unless I have a reason not to. Unlike you I like to see the best in people unlike many here I must say who want to think the worst of others just to make themselves feel better.

Btw why posting NPD description then? Are you one of those people who never say anything they just imply...

And again, can't debate without resorting to personal comments. :rolleyes:

I put the NPD criteria there to demonstrate to you that there are actually people out there who would use a crisis to self-promote, and lie to do so. I'm not saying she's doing it, but my opinion is from her previous behaviour I do believe she's capable of it.

See, I will actually answer the questions asked of me, unlike you.

It was just a question. And a valid one.

Do you actually believe your question (in bold) was valid, and not a personal insult?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

This thread is an absolute car crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,544 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

She's pretty harmless. An "on the fence" type of character, but these fraught times seem to bring out the obsessive types on various forums.

I think someone needs to step away from the computer, get some air and calmness, take some exercise, stop trying to extract offence where there isn't any and stop getting themselves in a twist about a day time radio presenter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Luimneach2018

So she's pretending to have Covid-19 now??

Outrageous accusation. Some of you have truly lost the plot.

• Advertisement

I put the NPD criteria there to demonstrate to you that there are actually people out there who would use a crisis to self-promote, and lie to do so. I'm not saying she's doing it, but my opinion is from her previous behaviour I do believe she's capable of it.

My deep apology. I didn't realize you are psychologist/psychiatrist.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,732 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Guess we won't be hearing about 100 days of walking for the next fourteen days at least. Every cloud has a silver lining. :D

I just heard an ad for it a while ago so its still all systems go

• Registered Users Posts: 16,732 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

This thread is an absolute car crash.

There was one comment on this thread for about a month.

And then the thread explodes in the last 20 hours.

Covid-19 has a lot to answer for.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,135 ✭✭✭prunudo

I can understand the skepticism from some, especially after hearing the promo about her diagnosis. I'm sure she's not lying but without a doubt she will milk it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

She's on the front page of the indo with a sad face and a tissue in her hand.

Staged or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

It's irrelevant who you like or dislike. It's about rational criticism not the one fueled by irrational hatred of Kelly or Trump.

I agree completely, irrational hatred is not very nice, personally I don't hate too many people in general, nevermind people I've never even met (except for maybe Hitler or child molesters etc, think they're a given).

I don't believe I said I hate or despise anybody on this topic but I'm open to correction on that.

However you did say this yourself:

"I despise people who swallow any nonsense from FB or 'alternative' media"

That's a lot of people to despise, not sure how rational it is either!! Those people may be misled but to "despise" them is quite extreme!
    However there is a nice big cross section of those who go on about liberals and muslims being responsible for all the world problems and those who hate Ciara Kelly.

Not sure what all this is about?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

It's sensible to have a healthy degree of skepticism about this. It isn't possible to really confirm because of GDPR but I'm sure there's somebody in the HSE who knows whether or not she has it.

A blogger on Instagram said on Sunday that she had all the symptoms. A colleague of mine who knows her personally and has playdates with her kids etc had seen her over the weekend so was very worried that she'd been exposed. The same blogger had photos of herself and the family at the beach early this morning. She said in one post (since removed) that she was keeping distant from her family.

So my thoughts immediately were -
    Why wasn't she self-isolating while awaiting the results?
    Was she lying about the test?

Her followers tripled in the last three days.

On Ciara Kelly, she has been a bastion of inanity and useless information since a few weeks ago. I'm glad she only has a mild dose of it but it really feels like she's trying to "normalise" it in order to show up everyone else who is too sick to work when they have it. Ffs like that's the last thing we need, people killing themselves to get work done when they're supposed to be recovering.

I wonder will she continue doing the show if she needs to be on a ventilator.

Whos the blogger?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Why did she suddenly cut to a break when she was asked how she got tested so early with no obvious contact to anyone with the virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,400 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I don't believe she is lying, I think she does have it but I can't stand this heroine attitude from her. Like as if the nation is better served by her act of selflessness and bravery as she broadcasts from her hot press to save the nation.

• Advertisement

deisedevil wrote: »
    Why did she suddenly cut to a break when she was asked how she got tested so early with no obvious contact to anyone with the virus.

She explained all that yesterday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement