Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,255 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

My local Dunnes off licence is cleared.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,932 ✭✭✭dodzy

Kaisr Sose wrote: »
    This post shoid be stickied.

What part of lockdown did you not understand. Plus of course, the small matter of alcohol impairing judgement. For the latter it may already be too late

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

100 people is so many people. The governments rule was stupid and everyone knows it. The virtue signallers and Harris can moan all they want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

is_that_so wrote: »
    Go to your local Intreo office tomorrow. Don't ring, they won't answer!
    You're such a pox with your constant misinformation and bull would you ever take a look at yourself. That's not correct, they're explicitly saying not to go in.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭aido79

defrule wrote: »
    Can you believe that Hong Kong which has around 2m more people than Ireland but 1/85 of the land mass has just 9 more cases than Ireland.

Yes I can. If the government in Hong Kong and many other asian countries say "jump" the people say "how high?". If the government in Ireland say "jump" it's a breach of civil rights. Irish people love to defy orders especially if they come from a government.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Thread Lockdown?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

These 3 looked disappointed when they read the sign on the Temple Bar pub door....

Can’t embed on phone, sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Go to your local Intreo office tomorrow. Don't ring, they won't answer!

You could be there a while if you call, they are only allowing small groups into Intreo offices. I rang SW on Friday and was told you can make a claim for Jobseekers Benefit online if you have a MyGov account. You can also download the forms and drop them into the letterbox of your local office.

https://www.jobalert.ie/blog/dept-of-employment-affairs-and-social-protection-notcie-14-march-?fbclid=IwAR01HG8fZ_XodHYzkqe1xJVhK4sQ-p4l27r9qqU6on0U994d5Uwwsp6EEeI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

twirlagig wrote: »
    These 3 looked disappointed when they read the sign on the Temple Bar pub door....

Can’t embed on phone, sorry

505714.png

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Im a barber, just found out the shop has closed. Will I be able to get some sort of jobseekers payment? I know my employer wont be able to keep paying me....

Ring your local social welfare office tomorrow. If you have a public services card you may be able to apply online either.

PM me if you need any advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

jester77 wrote: »
    Every German has to pay 15% of their salary into the public health care system, it's mandatory. If private you pay a fixed amount. I pay well over €600 a month for my private insurance, kids are then extra on top. Plus I have to pay €600 of medical costs in a calendar year before I can make a claim. And that insurance I pay is one of the cheaper policies.

You get what you pay for.[/QUOTE]

So are you trying to say that people with higher level VHI or Laya policies should get preferential treatment?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Hobgoblin11

defrule wrote: »
    Can you believe that Hong Kong which has around 2m more people than Ireland but 1/85 of the land mass has just 9 more cases than Ireland.

i'm not surprised, everyone wears a facemask in HK, they are given away on the street for free, hand sanitizer given on the street for free, they were ready after SARS 1, we were/are not ready, meanwhile we export a ,million face masks week to Asia, and nobody has access to them here, shame, shame, shame, famine part II

Dundalk, Co. Louth

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MipMap

aido79 wrote: »
    Yes I can. If the government in Hong Kong and many other asian countries say "jump" the people say "how high?". If the government in Ireland say "jump" it's a breach of civil rights. Irish people love to defy orders especially if they come from a government.

Have you been looking at the riots in Hong Kong over the last few months?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

Auld lad earlier in Tesco Maynooth literally fondling the packs of sausages! Would pick one up and give them an aul squeeze and a rub and put back on shelf.

One woman was getting stuff from back of shelf so had her whole arm up to the armpit sitting on the stuff at the front as she reached back. Selfish yoke.

There has to be enforcement of hand sanitizer use for anyone wanting to enter a retail premises.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

They are not trying to infect 60% of the population...

I’m starting to see how easy and dangerous fake news is.
    To reach herd immunity, about 60% of the population would need to get ill and become immune, according to Sir Patrick Vallance, the government’s chief scientific adviser.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/13/herd-immunity-will-the-uks-coronavirus-strategy-work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Why then were Harris and Coveny telling us we cannot shut down our borders due to Eu rules?

There were smaller threads about the virus three weeks ago on after hours and here. Some of us then said then airports should be shut down then to stop it coming here from Italy. Now the thread exploded with new users all worried. Politicians should have done what was needed weeks ago and this would be prevented. Everyone HSE, WHO, and Irish government are all at fault for not stopping air travel..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Ye've done it now. I hope ye are happy with yourselves. All your doom and gloom has spooked the cows. They have stopped producing milk.
    Even the cow whisperer cant work his magic.

It will have to be feckin soya.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

gazzer wrote: »
    Apologies if this is already posted but the HSE are reaching out to Civil Servants for temp reassignment of staff for contact tracing for mobilisation in the coming days and weeks. Shifts expected to be available between 8AM to 10PM, 7 days a week for next two weeks, at least. Looks like I could be doing this work. Will know more tomorrow

Surely there are enough people in the HSE with little more to do than walk around with a clip board that could be doing that kind of work. It would also serve to show where the wastage is in the HSE, I’d say there are a load of admin types shiiting themselves that this crisis is going to expose exactly how little they do and more importantly that they are not needed at all. It’s possibly the wake up call the HSE has been crying out for, for decades.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Sunday March 15.

A day that will live in infamy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Unsweetened for the love o gawd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Hobgoblin11

MipMap wrote: »
    Have you been looking at the riots in Hong Kong over the last few months?

what have those anti-government riots to do with SARS 2?

Dundalk, Co. Louth

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

You're such a pox with your constant misinformation and bull would you ever take a look at yourself. That's not correct, they're explicitly saying not to go in.
    Much appreciate the update and I stand corrected.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Ye've done it now. I hope ye are happy with yourselves. All your doom and gloom has spooked the cows. They have stopped producing milk.
    Even the cow whisperer cant work his magic.

Tesco were out of all the non-dairy alternatives when I got my delivery the other day. Could only get a couple of litres of cashew milk, which is pretty meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭beolight

Yes that would be a more accurate figure.

No good having plans to take over private hospitals and other properties if no ventilators or health care staff is there?

Can a journalist ask Minister Harris for an exact number, have they ordered anymore? If yes how many and when can we expect delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,036 ✭✭✭OU812

So, hypothetically, if someone had to sign on (I'm likely to be laid off in the next month), how exactly are we supposed to do it if we've to socially distance or in the event of a lockdown?

There's going to be an awful lot of people signing on in the next few months, is it possible to do remotely, online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭FluffyTowel

deise08 wrote: »
    Like that one

Lovely to handle,
    Lovely to hold,
    But if broken,
    Consider it sold.

Any Bards out there able to rewrite?

Please don’t paw our veggies,
    Or give bread some squeezes,
    And don’t lick the trolleys,
    It spreads the diseases.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭the deftone

paul71 wrote: »

Thanks very much, hopefully it wont take too long to come through

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MipMap

what have those anti-government riots to do with SARS 2?

The Hong Kong people don't say "how High" when Carrie Lam
    says jump.

They trash the city instead.

We don't do that

• Registered Users Posts: 17,741 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Lets take a minute and be glad this guy isnt in charge

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/coronavirus-australia-reacts-to-prime-ministers-strategy-to-slow-spread-of-disease/news-story/cdea93f66e5ac7a5a783de21973d872d

Id love to have him explain how he thinks a school can stay open while keeping all children and teachers 1.5 meters apart from each other

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

Educate yourself on this virus just a little bit. :rolleyes:

I have. As far as I can tell, small groups of low-risk people getting together without touching should not be a big deal?

None of us have any reason to have contact with at risk person like an older person or someone with a weak immune system.

I’m happy to follow advice like sanitizing often, sitting apart rather than right next to each other etc but otherwise I’m not fully seeing the reasoning behind moving from social distancing to full-on social isolation?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement