Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,865 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Drink driving laws.

He didn't say he was driving home!

But seriously, are you that stuck for drink?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Necro wrote: »
    We cannot close the northern border. People need to realise this is not happening.

We're bad enough with a fcuking virus we don't need to go back to the Troubles alongside that!

that's not a good argument, NI aren't as deranged as you suggest

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 39,628 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

leahyl wrote: »
    I’m paranoid about every bit of contact now but I assume it’s safe to go outside for a walk with my friend while practicing social distancing of course. I need fresh air.

Of course it is. The CMO said to do it yesterday. We will go mad otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭Longing

Spain 443 new cases so far today

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭woohoo!!!

We cannot close the northern border. People need to realise this is not happening.

We're bad enough with a fcuking virus we don't need to go back to the Troubles alongside that!
    The main thing is that it's impossible given that there's so many crossings and there is nowhere near the manpower to enforce.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

We will have to try. Or the North will have to change strategies. Or we will have to change strategies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

We need to go into full lockdown until the fucking idiots in this country learn social distancing and learn about hygiene.

I can’t believe that people still can’t get this into their fat heads.

We will have cases which is not the issue. It’s about controlling it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

In a lockdown scenario for the republic would there be anything stopping me driving up the north where the pubs should still be open ?

Yeah, the beer is horrible

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

In a lockdown scenario for the republic would there be anything stopping me driving up the north where the pubs should still be open ?

I wouldn't chance getting behind the wheel of a car with the obvious brain damage you have to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

I am not advocating drink driving in the slightest, id imagine b&bs are still open

Why not just buy a few bottles of toilet duck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

niallo27 wrote: »
    We all lockdown and reverse the incline and then what the lockdown is lifted and it all starts again. I know it will give our health systems more time but it's just a vicious circle every time. A lockdown is pointless.
    yes that why we need a graduated shutdown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

gnarbarian wrote: »
    Just watching the live cam at Templebar, the punters dont know what to do with themselves once they realise the place is shut down.. Good enough, the eejits ruined it for everyone last night, it was such a piss take.

They do - take pictures of one person at a time in front of the pub and it's taking that group of young women fecking ages to do it.

/checks image again

Christ they are still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

Come on, I can get going today until I know what that sign says....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

We will have to try. Or the North will have to change strategies. Or we will have to change strategies.

North can’t be seen to follow the republic as unionists have to follow boris and kin. No matter what.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭PLUG71

So due to health issues i'm classed as at high risk so will be off work without pay.

Has anything been said regarding paying back credit?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,436 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I am not advocating drink driving in the slightest, id imagine b&bs are still open

That desperate for a pint? Cant understand this mentality at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

In Austria gatherings of more than five people have been banned. The country's Chancellor Sebastian Kurz said that police would enforce the rules in a bid to halt the spread of the coronavirus.

The tougher measures were decided at an extraordinary session of parliament, during which Mr Kurz called on the population to self-isolate, only move out of doors when absolutely necessary and limit contacts to "the people they live with".

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭voluntary

The Republic's strategy to isolate infected etc will not work with fully open borders with the North if they apply the UK strategy to let the virus infect majority of the population. We either stop the traffic or involuntarily adapt their strategy.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 16thelegend

Any sign of building sites closing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

People will die anyway, how long should we go into lockdown for. A month, 6 months, a year. We will run out of money, mass lay offs. Imagine the suicide rates after this for a country that really struggles with mental health issues.
    You are just getting worse.

"People will die anyway"

You should be afcukingshamed of yourself.

Have to agree with the reply here. In any case, the nation as a whole will not run out of money. People's well-being which includes their financial affairs will be looked after.

And on the far side, the economy will get moving again. It will have hastened the end of certain sectors which were not going to be viable in future anyway. Harsh but the reality in the modern world and has been for centuries, EG we don't see a whole lot of farriers and blacksmiths any more.

On the flipside, many companies might be concerned about how so much of the world's economic output depends on one country and we might see a small resurgence of manufacturing in Europe. Having said that, I won't be crying if the amount of plastic tat that's produced every year is greatly reduced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,932 ✭✭✭dodzy

SlowBlowin wrote: »
    Come on, I can get going today until I know what that sign says....

12.35pm. Doors not open. Guess we know what the sign says now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

woohoo!!! wrote: »
    The main thing is that it's impossible given that there's so many crossings and there is nowhere near the manpower to enforce.

you don't have to get everyone, easy enough to put concrete blocks down on minor roads and set up whatever on the main roads

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,233 ✭✭✭Augme

Get your head out of the sand man, do you think a few weeks of lockdown and this will magically disappear.

No thinks he will disappear ffs. The point of the lock down is too slow down the spread and thus slowdown the impact on the hospitals. The only way to save lives is to spread the rate of infection out over a longer time scale.

For example 1,000 people getting infected over a month is far better than 1,000 people getting infected over a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Would be awful if someone with that mindset crashed and died on the way back.

As long as they died and didn't occupy an ICU bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

PLUG71 wrote: »
    So due to health issues i'm classed as at high risk so will be off work without pay.

Has anything been said regarding paying back credit?
    Talk to your bank/card provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Now more cases outside of China than inside. Number of active cases has also now outnumbered recovered cases for the first time in a few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

dan786 wrote: »
    In Austria gatherings of more than five people have been banned. The country's Chancellor Sebastian Kurz said that police would enforce the rules in a bid to halt the spread of the coronavirus.

The tougher measures were decided at an extraordinary session of parliament, during which Mr Kurz called on the population to self-isolate, only move out of doors when absolutely necessary and limit contacts to "the people they live with".

So the family dinner is just about doable for most but not all

"Hey kid you're eating in the hall, the bottom of the stairs is good enough for you"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭paul71

is_that_so wrote: »
    So, I went to the pub is very much a trigger point for many at present!

Rightly so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Any sign of building sites closing?

I have a cousin who said there's whispers coming from the CIF that they are to prepare to be advised to shut down after Tuesday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭the deftone

Im a barber, just found out the shop has closed. Will I be able to get some sort of jobseekers payment? I know my employer wont be able to keep paying me....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement