Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Whehey!

gnarbarian wrote: »
    Just watching the live cam at Templebar, the punters dont know what to do with themselves once they realise the place is shut down.. Good enough, the eejits ruined it for everyone last night, it was such a piss take.

Wouldn't have been open until 12.30 on a Sunday anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Looney1 wrote: »
    Of course

Yeah I kind of knew the answer but I’m living with the parents so you’d be more paranoid than the average person!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,011 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

In a lockdown scenario for the republic would there be anything stopping me driving up the north where the pubs should still be open ?

No nothing at all. Might be hard to get a taxi back unless your driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

beolight wrote: »
    Adam Tooze (@adam_tooze) Tweeted:
    Germany has c. 25,000 intensive care beds equipped with ventilators.
    France has 5,065 intensive care beds equipped with ventilators.
    Why does Germany have five times more?
    All of a sudden this matters!
    @TobiasBuckFT @davideghiglione
    https://t.co/tpcdcm1uRH https://t.co/0JkkdUN2wK

We need some journalists to ask Minister Harris how many ventilators do we have?
    Looking at that chart Andorra has better facilities than us

Another German bid for world domination, who knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

In a lockdown scenario for the republic would there be anything stopping me driving up the north where the pubs should still be open ?

Not only are we a nation infected with a virus but we are truly infected with an awful lot of gobsh!tes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Another German bid for world domination, who knows?

Im for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,690 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Your conscience, hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭sterz

Ninthlife wrote: »
    Not only are we a nation infected with a virus but we are truly infected with an awful lots of gobsh!tes

Ah guys, he was looking for someone to bite!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

At the moment no. Eventually I would hope so. We are following different expert advice to the north with different goals.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Why though? Why can't you just not go out for a couple of weeks :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Is that a notice I see on the door of The Temple Bar? Perhaps common sense has kicked in.

https://worldcams.tv/ireland/dublin/temple-bar

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

You sound like a drug addict.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Seen a great post “your grandparents were called to war you are called to the couch and can’t even manage this”

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭pawdee

This is what you are worried about?

Apologies for not being worried enough. I'll try to do better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

sterz wrote: »
    Ah guys, he was looking for someone to bite!

Maybe but sadly some other idiot would get an idea and do it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Would be awful if someone with that mindset crashed and died on the way back.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

At the moment no. Eventually I would hope so. We are following different expert advice to the north with different goals.

We cannot close the northern border. People need to realise this is not happening.

We're bad enough with a fcuking virus we don't need to go back to the Troubles alongside that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

leahyl wrote: »
    I’m paranoid about every bit of contact now but I assume it’s safe to go outside for a walk with my friend while practicing social distancing of course. I need fresh air.

Absolutely

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭paul71

Err, the drink driving laws?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,011 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

You are just getting worse.

"People will die anyway"

You should be afcukingshamed of yourself.

Get your head out of the sand man, do you think a few weeks of lockdown and this will magically disappear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Blueshoe wrote: »
    My employer informed us last Tuesday that if we close for a few weeks he won't be able to open the doors again. Bankruptcy.

Eventually the virus will pass but the after effects will live on
    He is a genuine and nice guy.
    Worrying times ahead for many.

Anyone not working for the government or a multinational should be very worried

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Blueshoe wrote: »
    You sound like a drug addict.
    So, I went to the pub is very much a trigger point for many at present!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭QuietMan2010

Think we need to get a sticky of all the pubs that closed on their own esteem and back them when all this blows over

From the Connaught Telegraph fb page referenced earlier, about pubs in Mayo that closed yesterday:

Delaney's, Ballyhaunis
    Mellett's Emporium, Swinford
    Crockett's Quay Bistro, Ballina
    Dillon's Bar & Restaurant, Ballina
    Cruisers Bar, Foxford
    Mayo Leisure Point, Castlebar
    Gilligan's Bar, Claremorris

Special mention to the Castlecourt Hotel, Westport which closed all non-essential functions but is keeping its bistro open for takeaway including half-price dinners to those 'most in need of support' - 'pull up and we will deliver to your car'.

ConTel also references 'all pubs in Galway city', ties in with other posts on this thread. Galway city will be getting a weekend trip from me once its safe to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Would be awful if someone with that mindset crashed and died on the way back.

I am not advocating drink driving in the slightest, id imagine b&bs are still open

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭gnarbarian

Whehey! wrote: »
    Wouldn't have been open until 12.30 on a Sunday anyway

The place has a notice up on the door, cant read it but it obviously says it wont be opening up today.. People are hanging around the place all in denial, wondering why and how this could happen.
    https://www.earthcam.com/world/ireland/dublin/?cam=templebar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

Drink driving laws.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,980 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Syncpolice wrote: »
    Wouldn't they be more prudent to announce immediate closure rather than have people rushing to catch a last minute movie

Prudent doesn’t come into it...It’s Sunday, people are out shopping there is money to be made, perhaps after some escapism... they care about relieving people of cash, not the general wellbeing of society. This and the publicans behavior shows you 100%.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

I’m proud of the way our country is handling this so far.
    We are making big changes. It’ll happen slowly buit it’s happening.

From the Connaught Telegraph fb page referenced earlier, about pubs in Mayo that closed yesterday:

Delaney's, Ballyhaunis
    Mellett's Emporium, Swinford
    Crockett's Quay Bistro, Ballina
    Dillon's Bar & Restaurant, Ballina
    Cruisers Bar, Foxford
    Mayo Leisure Point, Castlebar
    Gilligan's Bar, Claremorris

Special mention to the Castlecourt Hotel, Westport which closed all non-essential functions but is keeping its bistro open for takeaway including half-price dinners to those 'most in need of support' - 'pull up and we will deliver to your car'.

ConTel also references 'all pubs in Galway city', ties in with other posts on this thread. Galway city will be getting a weekend trip from me once its safe to do so.

Agreed.

When this hopefully blows over these are the businesses we should support to get back on their feet.

Not the numpties that waited for government direction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Anyone not working for the government or a multinational should be very worried
    Hence the current phased approach to any possible shutdown.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement