Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,124 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭conor05

The local authorities confirmed today that there is a no special childcare leave for their staff.

Staff must use their own annual leave if they want to take time off to mind their kids due to closing of schools/crèches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

• Registered Users Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Simon Coveney basically saying do not travel.
    Until travel is stopped people will still go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

I’m going back to work tomorrow. Did 6 days of isolation, that’s it done, tried to get a doctors note and a test done but couldn’t get it. Will be using public transport and shopping as normal.
    Pubs open, mixed messages from National Television station and government.

Why did you isolate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭LRNM

I'm not an anxious person usually but honestly it's kinda ****íng with me a bit. The thing I find weirdest is how invisible the virus is. You have no idea where it is.

It still feels like calm before the storm. Pots only starting to simmer.

Hope I'm very wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

sdanseo wrote: »
    Any source for this? It's really frustrating to see people posting what seems like detailed, useful information but without any verification that it's real and not just from that section of Dougal's brain that is reserved for bunny rabbits and Sister Assumpta.
    Please follow posts, already answered.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

My gym was closed. The local pub is open.
    Says a lot.

Well the pubs won’t close unless ordered to. Once it’s less than 100 people in a pub which in the limit then technically they aren’t in breach of the rules from yesterday. The buses aren’t empty btw and people weren’t keeping 2 metres distance from each other either. My local chipper was open today and yesterday and so was my local super valu.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Xertz

You can be 100% sure that a % of people won't take this seriously at all and think it's "all a fuss about nothing." The coverage in the UK is not really helping either as I've had two British people today telling me that we are "totally over reacting" and "being hysterical" and then basically Torysplaining the 'science' at me.

"You see what you don't understand is ..."

Thankfully they were on the far end of the phone, so I was at a very safe distance.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Anybody who has gone into a busy pub tonight needs their head examined. They are literally risking the lives of family members. If they were told going for a pint increases the chances of catching the virus, they still probably wouldn't care

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

bekker wrote: »
    Please follow posts, already answered.

The stats were only mentioned once, and only this one poster saw them. There is no other proof to what this person is claiming. Perhaps their age is playing a part.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭almostover

I’m going back to work tomorrow. Did 6 days of isolation, that’s it done, tried to get a doctors note and a test done but couldn’t get it. Will be using public transport and shopping as normal.
    Pubs open, mixed messages from National Television station

Have you any sympathy for an overwhelmed health service in a time of unprecedented national crisis? What a selfish fool you are.

This kind of reckless behaviour must be called out!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

ITman88 wrote: »
    Indicators are not so optimistic.
    I’d be as pessimistic about the economy as the posters here are about the virus

If you are willing to hold for 10 years the now is not so relevant. Impossible to time the market all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭megatron989

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Is your gym still charging?

They say they'll update members in due course. Hoping they'll postpone fees. They may look to wait till the end of the month and see what the state of things is then. Beyond that I wouldn't think they'd expect members to pay into a new month if they can't open.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,971 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Queue (because of the mass gathering restrictions)

No 'social distancing' in the queue though.

505474.png

You can bet a good portion of these numpties are the same people queuing up hoarding all the food and toilet rolls and hand sanitizers!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

antodeco wrote: »
    Anybody who has gone into a busy pub tonight needs their head examined. They are literally risking the lives of family members. If they were told going for a pint increases the chances of catching the virus, they still probably wouldn't care

Common sense isn't so common.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

jojofizzio wrote: »
    Literally 15 minutes after top HSE guy says”there are no further travel restrictions planned”.....Christ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

completely agree people with no clue to simple maths lets alone biology become wise on boards, scale is massive factor, someone said china closed many cities etc, the number was like smth like 40 million in country of 1.4billion.

then raving about how are we behind from italy or other countries, pure speculation, we might have 200cases now or so roughly speculating here but whats important are the critical ones, as speculating numbers we might all get it, this 3 week off joke wont make it magically dissapear, id be worried only about those elderly who have to battle it alone, rest well know if they suffer with any conditions and most can get help.

as what struck me yesterday was picture someone put up of elderly lady shopping in empty store most likely nipped of internet, but sad reality is small % that actually need help with this, as age wise all the brain heads in the world only know for sure the older person is the higher chances of complications, rest is a coin toss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

They say they'll update members in due course. Hoping they'll postpone fees. They may look to wait till the end of the month and see what the state of things is then. Beyond that I wouldn't think they'd expect members to pay into a new month if they can't open.

The pubs would prob go for that arrangement :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I like my pints but seriously there are bigger things at stake.

Thankfully I have a decent amount of beer, wine and whiskey here at home with plenty of "acquired" movies and TV shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

titan18 wrote: »
    Going to the pub is a nice to have, not an essential. Much like cinema, restaurants, cafes etc. There's no reason they can't not be closed down for the best interest of public safety.

If you can't manage to not go into a pub for a few weeks, you've a problem.

It's not the pub, its everyday living. You want everyone to stay inside for a few months. It all sounds wonderful but not practical.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

LRNM wrote: »
    I'm not an anxious person usually but honestly it's kinda ****íng with me a bit. The thing I find weirdest is how invisible the virus is. You have no idea where it is.

It still feels like calm before the storm. Pots only starting to simmer.

Hope I'm very wrong.

I could easily see pubs and restaurants being forced to close by this day week or limiting their opening hours depending on how the virus spreads and the confirmed cases number. I mean wasn’t the steps the Irish government took yesterday kind of the first step with it implied that more shutdowns will happen if and when they are needed ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Ah yeah sure I was shopping earlier today and the place was packed, every single one of them are "selfish c*nts" and endangering lives. How dare they try and live some life and not stay in a single room for the next 2 months.

Are you the last Goth with attitude going around? Get out there with your long leather coat and dig out the eyeliner, tis your time dude ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭megatron989

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well the pubs won’t close unless ordered to. Once it’s less than 100 people in a pub which in the limit then technically they aren’t in breach of the rules from yesterday. The buses aren’t empty btw and people weren’t keeping 2 metres distance from each other either. My local chipper was open today and yesterday and so was my local super valu.

The 100 limit is nonsense imo. My gym is huge and might have 25 to 35 people at busy times. Once your sanatising as you go your pretty safe.
    The local pub is pretty small so even 60 people would be in each other's skin they are so close.

Where gyms told they had to close or is it their own choice? I'm not clear on that myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,297 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

• Registered Users Posts: 24,931 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

thebaz wrote: »
    I no longer drink , but am having a really tough time dealing with reality 24/7 - people are getting trashed cause reality does not look good right now - but wish they just got it from off-licences and Supermarket - Nightclubs and crowded Temple bar type pubs are lethal places right now - but I do know most in the nightclub indusrty as well as Entertainment/Gigs are facing a very very dark future , hopefully and it will, rise again when the time is right to party.

Exactly, if you have an issue with alcohol, just get it in an off license or supermarket ffs, you’ve had plenty of warning. These knuckle draggers you see on that screenshot couldn’t give a fûck or are to stupid to want to or simply understand... the owners of said establishments are out and out ..... too, all of them multi millionaires many times over but just compelled to pack em in and pack the tills some more... authorities as if not more culpable, watching on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Look at the ****ing idiots queueing to go into a bar with over priced beer. They are not keeping the distance the HSE recommended.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,715 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

LRNM wrote: »

I suspect all the voluntary ambulance services will be utilised too.
    A lot of them support sporting events, so they probably have a bit more time available anyway

In fact the cessation of those sporting events will alleviate some of the pressures on A&E

I guess some of us may be more prone to fall down stairs or do something stupid in the garden when we don't have work to keep us busy though

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement