Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,737 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

My gym was closed. The local pub is open.
    Says a lot.
    My gym is open. Only one member allowed in at a time. Unless it's my kids, then I'll let 2 of them into it....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

Just back from the pub.

If anything a bit busier than a regular Friday night crowd.

How's the thread going? - Is there still a lot of pub-envy or has it calmed down a bit?

Hello Mr/Mrs Mong

• Registered Users Posts: 8,143 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

89034943_3340526725964305_8651154484606533632_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_sid=8024bb&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ohc=im66XPjulhoAX_nprXI&_nc_ht=scontent-dus1-1.xx&_nc_tp=14&oh=a23e1b182c72d0fc9dcaf855cb411a30&oe=5E927724

if you're sneezing, you probably don't have it, anything else, you might

One of the big markers of the flu is sudden onset. So although coronvirus shares many symptoms with the flu, they develop gradually like a cold does, according to Dr Fauci. If you come down with a fever, chills, aches and pains out of nowhere its probably the flu. A more gradual onset, with a fever is a big warning sign for coronavirus as far as I can tell

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Seasoft

Then don’t use them. It’s pretty poor food anyway so nothing to be missed

I wont. But will others and help spread it?

Just back from the pub.

How's the thread going? - Is there still a lot of pub-envy or has it calmed down a bit?

You're behaving badly by facilitating the spread of a nasty virus unnecessarily

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Pubs will probably be closed indefinitely as part of an upgrade in response.

We obviously can't go on with situations like in Temple Bar which completely undermine every other effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭moeblogs

A few stone throws away from myself :eek: . This just got very surreal. I felt I was slightly ahead of the curve, thks to this thread, but now a referral center for Covid-19 patients. :eek:. I didn't see that coming.

I'm not sure why/how they can operate this facility from a residential estate? Plenty of Industrial facilities around Waterford, they could have used..
    spookwoman wrote: »

THE Waterford News & Star understands that officials from a number of public health agencies have been readying a prefabricated building in Ballytruckle for use as a Drive-In test centre for Covid-19.
    The building, near Cherrymount, is owned by the HSE and was previously used by St. Martin’s Special School. Contractors have been working hard in the last week to prepare it for use by medical personnel as soon as this Monday (March 16). It is understood that management of an adjacent building used by Waterford Intellectual Disability Association (WIDA) were informed of the developments this week. That centre, known as Cherry Blossom, is closing this Monday and Tuesday with a review of future services to be reviewed on Wednesday.
    The Waterford News & Star has contacted the South South West Hospital Group, the HSE and the Department of Health for more information but only the Department of Health has replied so far – to say that this was an operational matter that falls under the remit of the HSE. What is understood from sources in the HSE is that the building will be used for Waterford referrals initially, meaning that suspected Covid-19 patients will be referred to the centre by their GP, will then make their own way to there to be tested. The building has been divided into cubicles this week in preparation for the tests.
    There were two more confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Waterford today, which brings the total to three, although there are still a number of tests outstanding.
    A parent of a child attending WIDA’s residential care facility on the site told the Waterford News & Star that they “can’t understand the choice of building”.
    “I know this is a very worrying time and facilities like this are needed, but surely the HSE could have used their Primary Care Centre on John’s Hill or maybe rented a building out by the airport,” the parent said. “This is a facility next to a care home for vulnerable adults with intellectual difficulties and I don’t think it’s appropriate to locate the facility here. Sure, there are only a few cases now, but what happens if things get out of control in a few weeks and the area is swarming with suspected cases?”

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

if you're sneezing, or runny/stuffy nose, you probably don't have it, anything else, you might

89034943_3340526725964305_8651154484606533632_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_sid=8024bb&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ohc=im66XPjulhoAX_nprXI&_nc_ht=scontent-dus1-1.xx&_nc_tp=14&oh=a23e1b182c72d0fc9dcaf855cb411a30&oe=5E927724

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,873 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

It’s not the sweating. It’s the heavy breathing that is cause the issue.

That's what she said last night;)

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

Just back from the pub.

Must if been a great night. Dying to get home to go on boards. Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,946 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

These will also be the ones hogging the A&E and the queue at health centres when they fall ill.

I know too well, having been with a friend when he was seriously assaulted about 20 paces from that screenshot at 10.30 pm and then waiting till sun up in a&e for a bed with a badly busted jaw yet every off their face stupid cûnt was given priority. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

You're

.... Sloshed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Hobgoblin11

fritzelly wrote: »
    Whoosh

right back at ya!

Dundalk, Co. Louth

• Registered Users Posts: 7,835 ✭✭✭saabsaab

bekker wrote: »
    Problem is who to test, they are not even aware themselves. No country on the planet has the resource to test and process whole populations.

A possible route could be to devise, identify, and test a random statistically valid sample. At least that would give a more accurate indication of the true curve and where you are on it.

Excellent idea, need a good sized sample but would show extent of the problem to within a few percent. Perhaps this is being done?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,332 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Trump - God bless America - with prayer we will defeat this!

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1238600593779896321

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭almostover

Just back from the pub.

Ah yes, cant beat a pint to soothe that nagging sense of selfishness. In a time of unprecedented danger for the most weak and vulnerable in society, as long as I get my pint, all will be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

Seasoft wrote: »
    Dont know if it's been mentioned but I'm concerned about two things in MacDonalds. Firstly the touchscreen order console, and secondly the games pads for kids.
    Both involve touching something straight after someone else.

Maybe use the drive thru and leave your kids where they are supposed to be during a National Public Health Emergency, at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

The latest travel notice is a bit vague is it? I know this is tricky and I think Gov/HSE are doing well, but what does be cautious even mean? Either tell them to fly or not.

The pubs being open is strange too, difficult balancing act as bars/restaurants real danger of going under. But them not closing them gives the impression that we can go etc. But should we be going? Patricks Day currently normal drinking day except for the Parade? Will temple bar be packed on Tuesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭ITman88

Just back from the pub.

This is disgraceful. How dare you.
    I wouldn’t dream of going . . . .nothing to do with the fact the lads never invited me!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,873 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Logan Roy

Strumms wrote: »
    Preserving life and the wellbeing of its citizens is the number one priority...

100% that the delay of payments as you outlined is crucial, Gardai need to be enforcing it, any landlord even ‘threatening’ eviction, arrest em and the same for any company sending utility bills from now.

Or banks / utility companies could address the issue with people on a case by case basis? There are loads of people out there (me included) who are in the fortunate position of being able to continue work as normal with fully pay albeit from home.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭voluntary

Last few days new cases in USA:

3 days ago: 290
    2 days ago: 307 (17 more than the previous day)
    Yesterday : 396 (89 more than the previous day)
    Today: 572 (176 more than the previous day)

The cases start moving parabolic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

fritzelly wrote: »
    Trump - God bless America - with prayer we will defeat this!

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1238600593779896321

Nice coming from a serial adulterer and pathological liar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

Been looking at it for a fortnight now thinking to ourselves that it's like part of the montage at the start of pandemic movies. I was incredulous last week but this week, after very gently but urgently advising all my friends about how serious this is, they're all out tonight regardless. I've gone through all the stages, from denial to anger, bargaining, depression, and I have no other choice but acceptance now. What that means for the people who aren't heeding the advice, I'm not sure.

The one that made me most sad was that my sixty year old mom promised me she'd be careful but went out yesterday (I honestly think just to have one last trip outside). Ended up dropping her phone in a PHARMACY, having to borrow some other dirty punter's phone to ring it and then retrieved it from the filthy claw of the woman who picked it up. I asked her if she'd disinfected the phone since and she said no. Over the phone.

Why assume that everyone and every THING else is filthy and dirty?

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

Seasoft wrote: »
    Dont know if it's been mentioned but I'm concerned about two things in MacDonalds. Firstly the touchscreen order console, and secondly the games pads for kids.
    Both involve touching something straight after someone else.
    Don't, transmittable up to 3 days on plastic, glass possibly same haven't seen any test reports on glass though.

Use glove, if not use knuckle, this is where bottle of 60% anti-bacterial gel comes in, let dry on hands don't rinse it off - seen people do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

darjeeling wrote: »
    Yes, we've never seen anything quite like this being done in real time.

Not just the NVRL behind this - also lots of bioinf & genomics at UCD:

https://twitter.com/CillianDeGascun/status/1237851615647817733

I wish I could understand these! Couldn't make much of the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭ITman88

Not trying to be controversial here, but, would it be possible/easier to isolate the most vulnerable, like those retired and with underlying issues?
    The retired don’t work this making isolation much easier.
    Those with under lying issues could be allowed work from home etc
    Would this not be an option??

• Registered Users Posts: 15,913 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Just back from the pub.

No worries. Did you stay a metre away from your buddies as advised?

Were there more than 100 patrons in this pub?

I get your point really. We have no respect for advice from Gov. Despite what is going on two weeks behind us in other countries. Gawd Help us.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

First two cases in Aruba after two residents returned from a trip to New York. Aruba has already closed all schools in the country and banned all flights to Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

That's why Italy got so bad.

They all treated it as a holiday.

Government should have been more clear on this.

Absolutely. They closed the schools yet missed a golden opportunity to drum it into the kids during last class as to why the schools were closing. But instead the schools didn’t even get official notification from dept of education and heard the details from the news throughout the day. Teachers tried to get school work prepared to give to students to do while off and so there was no warnings and no instructions. A major fcuk up on behalf of the government and DoE

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement