Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭sudzs

I think Ireland wants to ban flights but we are waiting for France, Germany or Spain to break cover on it first.

Michael Martin would do it

#smokingban

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

Queue (because of the mass gathering restrictions)

No 'social distancing' in the queue though.

505474.png

Looking at that photo its concerning to wonder how many people in the picture are already infected

• Registered Users Posts: 17,332 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

GolfNut33 wrote: »
    Just a snippet of information.

We have been working for the HSE for about 15 years (don't want to say exactly what) but it's not medical, rather on the technical side and related to the virus.

Normally if a request comes in for a job, we need to go through several hoops in order to be considered.

Got a call today about a job, was told to just do it as a matter of urgency and just send the bill in, sensed panic where I have never before. Felt like we were preparing for a battle and manning the trenches.

Shouldn't panic - just getting rid of all the red tape to actually get stuff done

• Registered Users Posts: 24,944 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The closure of everything will lead to massive unemployment and all the associated issues.

The government will have to introduce emergency laws to delay mortgage repayments, suspend rent payments and delay utility bills.

Otherwise we will have looting and people going hungry.

Preserving life and the wellbeing of its citizens is the number one priority...

100% that the delay of payments as you outlined is crucial, Gardai need to be enforcing it, any landlord even ‘threatening’ eviction, arrest em and the same for any company sending utility bills from now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

This decision has Dominic Cummings written all over it.
    whats the history of their CMO?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭darjeeling

fritzelly wrote: »
    The genome mapping is an amazing thing tracking how the virus spreads and vectors of the original infection

Yes, we've never seen anything quite like this being done in real time.

Not just the NVRL behind this - also lots of bioinf & genomics at UCD:

https://twitter.com/CillianDeGascun/status/1237851615647817733

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭megatron989

GolfNut33 wrote: »
    Just a snippet of information.

We have been working for the HSE for about 15 years (don't want to say exactly what) but it's not medical, rather on the technical side and related to the virus.

Normally if a request comes in for a job, we need to go through several hoops in order to be considered.

Got a call today about a job, was told to just do it as a matter of urgency and just send the bill in, sensed panic where I have never before. Felt like we were preparing for a battle and manning the trenches.

I've been hearing similar stories but I won't quote anyone.
    No suprise that they are in full 'dont get caught having a meltdown' mode at the moment. They are facing some serious sh1t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Sober Crappy Chemis

Looking at that photo its concerning to wonder how many people in the picture are already infected

Infected with life and joy. And drink. And hopes and dreams. And chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Strumms wrote: »
    Exactly, if you have an issue with alcohol, just get it in an off license or supermarket ffs, you’ve had plenty of warning. These knuckle draggers you see on that screenshot couldn’t give a fûck or are to stupid to want to or simply understand... the owners of said establishments are out and out ..... too, all of them multi millionaires many times over but just compelled to pack em in and pack the tills some more... authorities as if not more culpable, watching on.

These will also be the ones hogging the A&E and the queue at health centres when they fall ill.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 mammychicken

Work front line, solicitors office, no masks no sanitiser, I’m a breast cancer survivor but still in remission treatment, have to work cos I’m divorced with 2 kids and my mortgage, I HAVE TO PAY THE MORTGAGE so I’ll b there even tho they won’t close, won’t stop face to face, I HAVE NO CHOICE but I know people who are being laid off cos weddings n the like are cancelled - how the hell will we cop there is NO LEADERSHIP ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

YFlyer wrote: »
    You will have a better chance of knowing what illness you may have.

if you're sneezing, or runny/stuffy nose, you probably don't have it, anything else, you might

89034943_3340526725964305_8651154484606533632_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_sid=8024bb&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ohc=im66XPjulhoAX_nprXI&_nc_ht=scontent-dus1-1.xx&_nc_tp=14&oh=a23e1b182c72d0fc9dcaf855cb411a30&oe=5E927724

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Hobgoblin11

infected with what is the real question! That pub is full of a few rampant viruses

Dundalk, Co. Louth

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Seasoft

Dont know if it's been mentioned but I'm concerned about two things in MacDonalds. Firstly the touchscreen order console, and secondly the games pads for kids.
    Both involve touching something straight after someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,873 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

bekker wrote: »
      Psychologist on TV, tonight I think, worldwide studies show that in a crisis approx. 15% of a population will act in an anti-social manner but their selfishness can be reined in by evident disapproval of the majority.
      Last night on the Tonight show and he spoke sense.

1. Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭sudzs

This guest seems a bit wired.
      Understandable but
      I'm not sure this is the best, I'm not comfortable

2. Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

They did the right thing, but did you by going shopping? How are you feeling!?

100%. I'd emptied the Hoover bag prior to hitting the shops for a 6 pack. Dust up the snoz more like.

3. Registered Users Posts: 85,593 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

If you have high temperature of 39 get checked

4. Registered Users Posts: 7,254 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Just back from the pub.

If anything a bit busier than a regular Friday night crowd.

How's the thread going? - Is there still a lot of pub-envy or has it calmed down a bit?

5. Posts: 6,192 ✭✭✭ [Deleted User]

Just back from the pub.

How's the thread going? - Is there still a lot of pub-envy or has it calmed down a bit?

Your so cool

6. Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

Been looking at it for a fortnight now thinking to ourselves that it's like part of the montage at the start of pandemic movies. I was incredulous last week but this week, after very gently but urgently advising all my friends about how serious this is, they're all out tonight regardless. I've gone through all the stages, from denial to anger, bargaining, depression, and I have no other choice but acceptance now. What that means for the people who aren't heeding the advice, I'm not sure.

The one that made me most sad was that my sixty year old mom promised me she'd be careful but went out yesterday (I honestly think just to have one last trip outside). Ended up dropping her phone in a PHARMACY, having to borrow some other dirty punter's phone to ring it and then retrieved it from the filthy claw of the woman who picked it up. I asked her if she'd disinfected the phone since and she said no. Over the phone.

7. Advertisement
    8. Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Seasoft wrote: »
      Dont know if it's been mentioned but I'm concerned about two things in MacDonalds. Firstly the touchscreen order console, and secondly the games pads for kids.
      Both involve touching something straight after someone else.

Then don’t use them. It’s pretty poor food anyway so nothing to be missed

9. Registered Users Posts: 39,659 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

We don’t know from that picture in all fairness. The government will have go force the pubs to close to stop this. I mean because it’s Patrick’s weekend that’s pubs willl be open but next weekend it’s closure for a couple of weeks. I’d be more concerned about the crowd coming back from Cheltenham. From looking at the picture of the crowds there wasn’t a hope of keeping any distance at all.

10. Registered Users Posts: 7,254 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Your so cool

You're

11. Registered Users Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Strumms wrote: »
      Preserving life and the wellbeing of its citizens is the number one priority...

100% that the delay of payments as you outlined is crucial, Gardai need to be enforcing it, any landlord even ‘threatening’ eviction, arrest em and the same for any company sending utility bills from now.

Your living in fantasy land, money rules. Do you expect all these utility providers to work for nothing. People are going die, sometimes you have to think of the greater good.

12. Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Hobgoblin11

Just back from the pub.

you should be ashamed, no invite?

Dundalk, Co. Louth

13. Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I think it's much more safer to drink at home

14. Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

https://worldcams.tv/ireland/dublin/temple-bar

Looks fairly busy in there. Maybe I'm over cautious though.

15. Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

I go out frequently but i wouldn't be against the idea of forceful closure of pubs and clubs for a temporary basis. Its for the greater good and , as others have pointed out , there are others involved too.

Booze up at home. You'll save money so thats another upside!

16. Registered Users Posts: 4,873 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

SusieBlue wrote: »
      My best friend, who hand on heart worked me into such a state of anxiety with her hysteria & doomsday talk during the week that I came close to having a panic attack, is currently out for drinks with her new boyfriend after going for dinner earlier this evening.

Another friend has a milestone birthday tomorrow, a party was planned but had to be cancelled for obvious reasons.
      A few of us were going to call to her house tomorrow afternoon with cake and balloons to take the sting out of the fact that we can’t celebrate but my other friend won’t come cause it’s too dangerous... (fair enough)
      But she’s currently out on the lash in town with her fella.
      So pissed off I can’t even put into words how angry I am. Raging isn’t the word, such selfish creatures out there.

WTF practice what you preach. Your friends need their head examined.

17. Advertisement
    18. Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Just back from the pub.

11.30. Must have been a great night ;)

This discussion has been closed.
    Advertisement