Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,088 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Dept of Foreign Affairs advises a 'high degree of caution' before deciding to travel to other EU states

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Shn99 wrote: »
    Do people think that schools will be closed further if the situation doesnt get better? Arlene Foster in the north is saying schools will close eventually but when they do itll be the end of the academic year. Could that be repeated here?

Unless theres a dramatic improvement in ireland and abroad i cant seeing schools opening until september at the earliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

scudzilla wrote: »
    last night, between 17:00 and 20:00 i had 3 door to door salespeople, first was for vodafone, second bord gais, never even found out who the third was before i told him to fcuk off.

The mind boggles, highly contagious virus and you're knocking door to door selling shite

In fairness, and i agree with your sentiment, its not like the individuals are choosing themselves to do it for the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Pubs really should be put on early closing hours at the very least, and people should know better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

Loughc wrote: »
    Work keeps telling me it’s safe to go to work surrounded by 100 people even though my job can be done easily from home. Go figure.

same boat here dude.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

The late late In the empty studio looks so strange
    One for everyone in the audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭darjeeling

I read several weeks ago on the BBC website of reports from Wuhan of thousands of patients being discharged from the hospitals and having to be re-submitted due to being infected a second time, if those reports are true then surely there is no such thing as herd immunity?

I don't think that's the reality. Most of the media stories on this a couple of weeks ago were blown up from a misinterpreted media briefing by CDC in S China (14% 'reinfection' was actually 13 patients who tested -ve & later +ve using a different test, but didn't redevelop symptoms).

More recent studies have shown 100% of recovering patients developing antibodies as expected, meaning they will have immunity for some time. Antibody testing is now part of the Chinese diagnosis & treatment guidelines, so we'd hear if anything strange was happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Where are the horror stories from Spain? Doesn’t seem to be a thing.

What are you on about? Spain declared a state of emergency today and almost 100 people have died

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

The terrifying supervirus that only kills already half dead 80+ year olds is losing some of it's fear factor.

Welcome new troll friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Off licenses will be buzzing.

Stay at home, fk the vintners. Chickens can come home to roost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,402 ✭✭✭pah

The terrifying supervirus that only kills already half dead 80+ year olds is losing some of it's fear factor.

You're a gowl.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Yurt! wrote: »
    Pubs really should be put on early closing hours at the very least, and people should know better.

Closed by Tuesday.
    Have to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭LRNM

Just back from a day on the ambo.

It's weird, earlier this week it was mostly preparation. Training on how to put on gowns facemask and goggles, dribs and drabs of information and new guidelines being put out every day.
    Very hard to keep up but in general it was business as usual.

Things changed a fair bit since yesterday evening shít has hit the fan. The hospitals are in panic mode and are shipping out everybody they can.

We know that the moment a hospital is infected, it's locked down. Nobody leaves as the nursing homes and community hospitals will not take them.
    So the hospitals that are clear are trying their hardest to empty bed spaces.

The wards have dozens of empty beds. A&E's are deserted bar a couple of people. I've never in my career seen them so quiet. Last week the trolley crisis was business as usual and today its eerily empty.

Talking to the nurses on the wards they say while theres less patients, there are also a lot less staff. They're struggling big time to get the numbers.

It was 1 nurse to 10 patients. The nurses were told a few days ago it's going to be 1 to 1 nursing when the virus arrives but all the nurses think thats pie in the sky stuff.
    1 HCA for an entire ward.
    Cleaners were in overdrive.

There are a lot of elderly patients who are totally confused and do not understand whats going on and their behaviors can be very difficult to manage. No visitors allowed period which they can't wrap their head around.

Seems to be less 999 emergency calls but swabbing and suspected cases of covid19 are huge. There are hundreds of calls stacked for swabbing, most sitting there longer than 24 hours at this stage.

The 999 call takers are inundated. Don't be surprised if you have to hold for a while if you need to call them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

threeball wrote: »
    Nope you're correct. Survival of the fittest. Boris is Hitler minus a dodgy tash.

Why are people only referring to Boris

Aren't the Dutch doing the same thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Queasy Tadpole

Yurt! wrote: »
    This is Ireland. We're talking about the Irish. Absolute bunch of idiots collectively.

Wait one or two weeks till their parents/grandparents end up in the ICU. Idiots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Sober Crappy Chemis

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Closed by Tuesday.
    Have to be.

Username does NOT check out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Loughc wrote: »
    Work keeps telling me it’s safe to go to work surrounded by 100 people even though my job can be done easily from home. Go figure.

The boss and HR personnel on site as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,837 ✭✭✭daheff

Cw85 wrote: »
    Anyone else here have friends or family on the Guards and Army that are hearing what I'm hearing?

Depends..what are you hearing ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

I am getting loads of Snapchat pics of people out in wedged pubs drinking bottles of Corina.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

LRNM wrote: »
    Just back from a day on the ambo.

It's weird, earlier this week it was mostly preparation. Training on how to put on gowns facemask and goggles, dribs and drabs of information and new guidelines being put out every day.
    Very hard to keep up but in general it was business as usual.

Things changed a fair bit since yesterday evening shít has hit the fan. The hospitals are in panic mode and are shipping out everybody they can.

We know that the moment a hospital is infected, it's locked down. Nobody leaves as the nursing homes and community hospitals will not take them.
    So the hospitals that are clear are trying their hardest to empty bed spaces.

The wards have dozens of empty beds. A&E's are deserted bar a couple of people. I've never in my career seen them so quiet. Last week the trolley crisis was business as usual and today its eerily empty.

Talking to the nurses on the wards they say while theres less patients, there are also a lot less staff. They're struggling big time to get the numbers.

It was 1 nurse to 10 patients. The nurses were told a few days ago it's going to be 1 to 1 nursing when the virus arrives but all the nurses think thats pie in the sky stuff.
    1 HCA for an entire ward.
    Cleaners were in overdrive.

There are a lot of elderly patients who are totally confused and do not understand whats going on and their behaviors can be very difficult to manage. No visitors allowed period which they can't wrap their head around.

Seems to be less 999 emergency calls but swabbing and suspected cases of covid19 are huge. There are hundreds of calls stacked for swabbing, most sitting there longer than 24 hours at this stage.

The 999 call takers are inundated. Don't be surprised if you have to hold for a while if you need to call them.

I don't know what to say except you and the medics are doing a great service to the country, and take a bow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Fcuk you and yer stats.... there’s panic to be doin’ here. Jog on.

A post every 14.9secs now...

PS, be is a BBM (Big Beasty Mod)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

syngindub wrote: »
    same boat here dude.

Hard to work from home, if youre on a boat

Unless its a house boat

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

YFlyer wrote: »
    The boss and HR personnel on site as well?

The boss is. HR conveniently working from home.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,963 ✭✭✭threeball

limnam wrote: »
    Why are people only referring to Boris

Aren't the Dutch doing the same thing?

I'm not as familiar with how thick the Dutch PM is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

I know of a Dublin restaurant that will be closed by next Wednesday or sooner if the government decrees it. They are letting their staff go as they are not sure if they will open again.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭voluntary

People as young as 20+ are plugged in to air tubes in Italy.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,264 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Do people think that schools will be closed further if the situation doesnt get better? Arlene Foster in the north is saying schools will close eventually but when they do itll be the end of the academic year. Could that be repeated here?

Well they'll be go back for a week and will be off for another two. So, they might just extend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,484 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

I'd bet the house on it being until September. Start with a couple of weeks and settle people into the idea and a routine.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭mick987

Nothing wrong with going for a drink

Pubs and restaurants need the business

I presume you are trolling?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭sunshinew

It's just so utterly disrespectful to our healthcare workers to be sitting in a pub right now...I'm sitting at home anxious enough about this but with the luxury of being able to WFH for the foreseeable. Imagine knowing that this sh*tstorm is going to come to your workplace and you've got to get up every day to face it, putting yourself in danger every day and knowing you could get infected and infect your own family with it - and then seeing these absolute a*holes not being able to give up a couple of pints on a Friday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement