Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭SDKev

Ellsbells1 wrote: »
    Do you really? It’s very scary times. Anybody else any opinions on how long the kids will be off school? Our numbers went down on yesterday but are they about to jump now that anyone can be tested?

I agree with the other poster - slight possibility after Easter but I’d be confident it will be September
    You’ve idiots out in town tonight as if nothing is going on which is making things worse

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭ITman88

Blueshoe wrote: »
    The Eu are pumping 120 billion euro into the European markets.
    Orange man is bad though

US pumping in 1trillion per week into stock markets.
    What does the future hold

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

I posted a week back about closing all ports of entry to people. Goods only. Got slated, abused and shot down.
    It will happen yet

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

Strazdas wrote: »
    A travel ban will probably quickly follow

Presumably numbers are low already......tourism is taking a hammering

He has actually changed all EU states to a status that France already had (in the DFA's eyes) for the last 4/5 days.

It means nothing really, they can't stop you going nor are you covered insurance-wise if you choose not to go based on that advice. The real change would happen if they said "avoid non-essential travel". That's when people take notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

To anyone in a pub ATM, you're an absolute assh0le. Grow the fcuk up and follow the advice being given.

They all need to be closed down immediately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,755 ✭✭✭✭bilston

threeball wrote: »
    In that case our measures will slow it to a crawl but I don't think that's the reality. The next 3 days are going to see a dramatic upswing in cases and deaths I'd be willing to bet. They are openly pursuing herd immunity. Normally only done through vaccine deployment.

We will know soon enough.

Given developments in Madrid, I'd be very worried about the fact that 3,000 Atletico Madrid fans were in Liverpool on Wednesday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Axfrderr

Its a pity there isn't a scientist who works with lights that can find a light that highlights the virus, some sort of colour identifier technology so then you could see it by sight to avoid it or drown it in disinfectant. :)
    Maby not a good idea, be like checking your hotel room with a black light before settling down for a good nights sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

When coming to good the old Guarantee Irish should come into play.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,963 ✭✭✭threeball

Think I have the bloody thing. Took every measure the past 2 weeks washing hands and sanitising everything even change in my pocket; but had to sit in meetings with people all week and there was one who had a really nasty chest infection and sniffles..

Just feels like I've been out all day in the cold and rain, that feeling in the chest of burning from inhaling cold air you know? Yesterday was the start of a dry cough, today not as bad. Sinuses bad anyway this time of year, but noticeable pressure changes.

Maybe it is something else entirely. Suppose I should phone the GP in the morning.

And yet you came on here mingling with us healthy people. No consideration. Have to go wash my hands now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

If we agree
    To stay inside.
    Lock the kids in there bedroom.
    Not panic buy. Even eat small amounts of food.
    Close work places and employers will pay.

I know the benefit will be we might stop the spread of Coronavirus. But will they also agree to replace Tubridy as extra reward if we do everything correctly.
    nice bit of free verse

• Advertisement

ITman88 wrote: »
    US pumping in 1trillion per week into stock markets.
    What does the future hold

Buy now. Compare market value at bottom of 2008 and today even with Corona slump

• Registered Users Posts: 13,071 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Irish government advises against any travel to Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,532 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I posted a week back about closing all ports of entry to people. Goods only. Got slated, abused and shot down.
    It will happen yet

God, has this just become the land of 'told you so'?

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭ITman88

Got slated, abused and shot down.

Sounds like a night out in Navan

• Registered Users Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

titan18 wrote: »
    To anyone in a pub ATM, you're an absolute assh0le. Grow the fcuk up and follow the advice being given.

They all need to be closed down immediately

What's the advice, stay away from crowds of over a 100.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,092 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

He has actually changed all EU states to a status that France already had (in the DFA's eyes) for the last 4/5 days.

It means nothing really, they can't stop you going nor are you covered insurance-wise if you choose not to go based on that advice. The real change would happen if they said "avoid non-essential travel". That's when people take notice.

They can switch to that at a moment's notice. There wouldn't even be a murmur if he announced Ire was about to close its borders

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

I'd like to see pubs and clubs closed ASAP if we are going to properly make an effort to beat this thing. I would be happy for the Govt to throw a small subsidy at them to compensate some of the loss.

What the fook is the point in the sensible amongst us taking major precautions such as social distancing , staying away from their folks and compromised friends when you have other fcuktards going into packed bars and clubs and in all likelihood putting a massive spread on this thing.

In all seriousness if we are going to beat it as a country quickly and build our recovery quicker, these are the measures we need to take.

So if your out tonight in a packed pub, you are a selfish twat. Even worse if you are reading boards there on your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭wandererz

BRING BACK DRIVE-INS!!!

Need somewhere to go & something to do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Cw85 wrote: »
    Sorry didn't mean to make people angry I had to charge my phone. I've heard from two very reliable members that there will be a lock down starting Monday with army checkpoints testing peoples temperatures and only one person per house allowed to leave to get essential at a time. I'm not saying this correct but it's what I've heard and the reason it won't be announced until nearer the time is to prevent panic and looting. Again, don't shoot the messenger.

10 rolls of Cushelle says that is bull****.

o1s1n wrote: »
    God, has this just become the land of 'told you so'?

Yes. Because I told you so. When someone was right they were right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I get it sucks for the airlines but I’d really appreciate it evolving beyond “basically saying”. Unless they force refunds, people will keep traveling.

Yeah I know of some who are continuing to travel on the grounds that they’ll lose money if they don’t. I was talking to someone today who was willing either the airlines or gov to pull the plug so the decision would be removed from her hands and she would be refunded. At least air lingus have decided to remove fees for those who decide to postpone

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭NetChat101

Jake1 wrote: »
    Theres about 15 people queuing outside The Temple Bar Inn, waiting to get in

And they'll go in and order a bottle of Corona and (as a previous poster said) send snapchats to all their friends - "Aren't we only hilarious"!!!!

Self centred idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Tootsie_1

Why is Simon being peddled out all the time is Leo still off swanning around or is he at home recovering from jet lag ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Something else I'll add.

The addition of the defence forces to this crisis should comfort people, not frighten them.

We have some experience in infectious diseases (most recently Ebola in Africa), we have resources which are in limited supply to the HSE etc (in terms of transport, isolated locations etc).

Like the HSE and other government agencies we also have motivated people who want to get stuck in and defeat this virus. If anything a soldier wants to do is complete our task and defeat any threats to the country.

I'll say it again, the addition of the DF is a good thing. Its a very positive step forward during a very difficult time.

This is a fight which will be fought and won in our communities and with the support of everyone. Every man, woman and child can do their bit.

And please, stop spreading the fake news and fear on facebook etc. It might feel great getting facebook LIKES, but you're not helping.

Call the HSE helpline, follow their inline advice. Follow the advice from government and its agencies and you're doing your bit.

The army won't be kicking in doors or confining civilians to their homes, and finally if you're out on the piss this weekend or packing in your local on Paddy's Day then you're a moron.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Wonder whats happening/will happen in the basket case areas, Syria/Venezuela/parts of Africa/Refugee camps etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

People may be delaying to go to hospital and making themselves sicker. It's unclear at the moment.

I know, I didn't mean to judge, but it is unprecedented now looking at the lower numbers on trolleywatch and at a/e.

It is Accident and EMERGENCY. I doubt either of those criteria applied to many self presenters before now. Blue lights excepted.

Look at the post from Ambo man above. Something is not right no matter what in A/E. which knocks on to beds too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

Think I have the bloody thing. Took every measure the past 2 weeks washing hands and sanitising everything even change in my pocket; but had to sit in meetings with people all week and there was one who had a really nasty chest infection and sniffles..

Just feels like I've been out all day in the cold and rain, that feeling in the chest of burning from inhaling cold air you know? Yesterday was the start of a dry cough, today not as bad. Sinuses bad anyway this time of year, but noticeable pressure changes.

Maybe it is something else entirely. Suppose I should phone the GP in the morning.
    I hope you're mistaken and chances are it could just be that you're hearing about it all the time and you're paranoid. Before we started staying in the house on Monday, my partner was hyper conscious and kept thinking we might be sick. I thought that after a certain time, we'd be guaranteed to be fine but that time is a long way off according to this Lancet study:
    https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)30566-3/fulltext
    Covid-19 can live in the respiratory tract for 37 days. So it looks like we're not going anywhere for a very long time and many others will have to follow suit.

Have a look on HSE website to see if your symptoms even match. Take your temperature because if you don't have a fever there's a good chance you're fine. You could call your After Hours doctor tonight for some reassurances so that you'll be able to sleep more soundly because if you are feeling run down, rest will be the best thing matter what ails you. There's plenty time tomorrow to look at the internet ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

niallo27 wrote:
    What's the advice, stay away from crowds of over a 100.

And social distancing. But nah, head to a small ****ty pub with 90 other people crammed in, and everyone gets sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,532 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Yes. Because I told you so. When someone was right they were right.

Nobody cares.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Some local restaurants here offering a drive through option (Not just Mickey D's etc) just call ahead and they will bring it out to your car. we need to support this stuff if we can. keep our neigbours in jobs and livelihoods.

We were due to go out for a decent meal tonight for our anniversary. The local bar here is one of those gastro pubs, and tbh it does absolutely gorgeous food.

Decided it wasn't worth the risk - i didn't even contemplate sneaking off for my usual Friday/Saturday night pint.

The local place needs to be supported in a time like this, so I bought a gift voucher, meaning they get the money i was going to spend tonight anyway, and we have tonight's meal paid for and can enjoy it later in the year when all this dies down and passes.

Others should consider doing something similar, it's not charity, you're paying for something up front, and simultaneously helping both potential spreading off infections, but also the businesses themselves.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement