Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭SB Morer

what about using Avios for upgrades? i.e. upgrading an Aer Lingus economy flight to business - can this be done through BA? Thanks.

No, I can’t see how that would be done via BA. You’d have to do that directly with Aer Lingus I’m afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Ned01

SB Morer wrote: »
    Yes it’s that simple. Move the points to BA Executive Club. Then phone BA to book your flights. Article below sets it out

https://www.headforpoints.com/2019/03/31/how-to-redeem-avios-on-aer-lingus/

I tried this recently on a flight for 6 from DUB to BOD. It was more expensive to book through BA over the phone by about €150. I booked it on Avios.com which was cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Board Walker

Can you sync your BA and EI Avios? I have 40k with EI and 15k with BA and its my EI number that shows up on avios web site and the EI points

• Registered Users Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Can you sync your BA and EI Avios? I have 40k with EI and 15k with BA and its my EI number that shows up on avios web site and the EI points

Yes - there is a combine my Avios function.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭QueenRizla

Anyone have a good way to contact Avios about a booking? I booked online and been double charged. The website was glitchy and I ended up with two charges on my credit card. However I cannot get through to Avios, there chat isn't working, no response on Twitter and on phone line for 30 minutes in some sort of queue I guess. I dialled the UK number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

QueenRizla wrote: »
    Anyone have a good way to contact Avios about a booking? I booked online and been double charged. The website was glitchy and I ended up with two charges on my credit card. However I cannot get through to Avios, there chat isn't working, no response on Twitter and on phone line for 30 minutes in some sort of queue I guess. I dialled the UK number.

Contact your credit card company and dispute the second charge. They'll pretty quickly get in touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Has anyone here had an issue booking flights under different email addresses? I travel quite a lot for work which would all be booked through my work email, but my Avios account is connected to my personal email.

I use the same frequent flyer number regardless if its business or personal, but I seem to only get points for personal trips. Has anyone experienced something similar in having both personal and work travel reflected in their account?

Thanks! (just off an 18 hour trip now so apologies if the above makes no sense!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

carlop wrote: »
    Has anyone here had an issue booking flights under different email addresses? I travel quite a lot for work which would all be booked through my work email, but my Avios account is connected to my personal email.

I use the same frequent flyer number regardless if its business or personal, but I seem to only get points for personal trips. Has anyone experienced something similar in having both personal and work travel reflected in their account?

Thanks! (just off an 18 hour trip now so apologies if the above makes no sense!)

I use both too and have no issues - assume when you book with work you provide your AerClub number and it appears on your ticket/boarding pass?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

carlop wrote: »

Once I have a booking number I go to the 'Manage Trip' page and just update the flight to use my personal email instead of work email. That seems to work for tracking everything correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

deconduo wrote: »
    Once I have a booking number I go to the 'Manage Trip' page and just update the flight to use my personal email instead of work email. That seems to work for tracking everything correctly.

That the way to do it.

The website tracks via first named contact email address, so reservations with other airlines with segments on EI will also appear in your account if the email address matches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Diego Tristan

That the way to do it.

The website tracks via first named contact email address, so reservations with other airlines with segments on EI will also appear in your account if the email address matches.

That's if you want the booking to appear in your past trips/upcoming trips.

Nothing to do with AerClub points, which are credited based on the AerClub number and name matching. Email not relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I have AerClub Platinum status but flying with Ryanair on Saturday morning. Can I still use Fastpass + Lounge?

Seems like it might be one of those "depends who's working things"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I have AerClub Platinum status but flying with Ryanair on Saturday morning. Can I still use Fastpass + Lounge?

Seems like it might be one of those "depends who's working things"

No. Fast Pass & Lounge will want to see your Boarding Card, and if it's not Aer Lingus, its no go.

No. Fast Pass & Lounge will want to see your Boarding Card, and if it's not Aer Lingus, its no go.

This is correct but it's worth asking. If the lounge isn't busy and you are prepared e.g. Can show your card and prove your status, they may let you in. The worst you'll get is a No and you say thank you. Lufthansa have let me into their lounges when I wasn't flying with them or at a home base.

Hi folks,

Sorry if it's a silly question but I've just moved up to the silver tier. I'm travelling tomorrow and want to use the fast track, do I need to do anything in advance or do I just turn up at fast track with my boarding card?

TIA

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Hi folks,

Sorry if it's a silly question but I've just moved up to the silver tier. I'm travelling tomorrow and want to use the fast track, do I need to do anything in advance or do I just turn up at fast track with my boarding card?

TIA

If you don't have your physical Silver Card, use the App (providing it shows you as Silver).

Your boarding card should identify you as a Silver member, but they usually still want to see something (card or app).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,406 ✭✭✭✭cson

Kind of crazy that they need a physical card, the data should be in the system to identify you as an Elite without any faffing about with plastic cards or apps.

The boarding card barcode does NOT encode FF status

The app should be sufficent

The boarding card barcode does NOT encode FF status

The app should be sufficent

Any boarding card I've ever has had my status on it e.g. LH S* etc. Does Dublin use a different system or something?

Boarding card has status printed on it, we at least if you are traveling from IE/UK/US/CA

The barcode does NOT encode the FF number or status on EI's DCS systems

• Advertisement

ironclaw wrote: »
    This is correct but it's worth asking. If the lounge isn't busy and you are prepared e.g. Can show your card and prove your status, they may let you in. The worst you'll get is a No and you say thank you. Lufthansa have let me into their lounges when I wasn't flying with them or at a home base.

FYI; No issues with FastTrack for me +1 but the lounge wasn't possible. The lady on the desk mentioned that they "can't put it through the system anymore".

FastTrack, for me, is the main benefit of the whole scheme anyway so happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Clon63

Just a query for the experts here.

Have booked a trip to Vegas and am wondering what people think is the best way to credit the avios points. I only have a few thousand with EI and 37k with BA where I am Bronze Level. I know i can transfer between the two so its really about maximising the points.

The flight is EI business class between DUB and LAX and then teansfers on the same ticket between LAX and Vegas with United out and Alaska back.

So with EI I would get 250 tierpoints and about 6500 aviosbased on 3 times fare.

Using BA Exec Club I reckon thedistance is about 10400 miles to LA return so would end up getting about 15600 avios as it is 150% bonus on the business class.

So I am wondering

'Do I get the 25% extra bonus from Exec CLub for being a bronze tieror does this not apply as it is not a BA operated flight?

Big one and I assume its not possible but could I get the tierpoints credited to my Aerclub account and avios to BA or is it all one or the other?

Lastly assume I go with the BA miles option for the DUB LAX Flughts could I still get the points from the short connecting flights credited to my Aerclub account?

Sorry for the questions but have little understanding if how these work in practice

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭steve-o

Clon63 wrote: »
    Just a query for the experts here.

Have booked a trip to Vegas and am wondering what people think is the best way to credit the avios points. I only have a few thousand with EI and 37k with BA where I am Bronze Level. I know i can transfer between the two so its really about maximising the points.

The flight is EI business class between DUB and LAX and then teansfers on the same ticket between LAX and Vegas with United out and Alaska back.

So with EI I would get 250 tierpoints and about 6500 aviosbased on 3 times fare.

Using BA Exec Club I reckon thedistance is about 10400 miles to LA return so would end up getting about 15600 avios as it is 150% bonus on the business class.

So I am wondering

'Do I get the 25% extra bonus from Exec CLub for being a bronze tieror does this not apply as it is not a BA operated flight?

Big one and I assume its not possible but could I get the tierpoints credited to my Aerclub account and avios to BA or is it all one or the other?

Lastly assume I go with the BA miles option for the DUB LAX Flughts could I still get the points from the short connecting flights credited to my Aerclub account?

Sorry for the questions but have little understanding if how these work in practice
    You won't get tier points or a bronze bonus with BA. And make sure to check your booking class - only J D and C earn. The cheapest business fares are often in P booking class and earn nothing at all with BA.

You would get 250 tier credits for that itinerary and would earn avios on the UA leg and possible the Alaska leg also, might be enough to get Silver with EI

BA is very picky about booking classes so watch out.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

How do you earn the 15 points on saver?

The wife has flown multiple times over last 6 months and saver out and plus (for the stand by option) back via heathrow and only books 3/4 weeks in advance and always gets 7.5 over. Wouldn't have thought she'd get it everytime or the cynic in me saying you can never get the 15

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Board Walker

SeeMoreBut wrote: »
    How do you earn the 15 points on saver?

The wife has flown multiple times over last 6 months and saver out and plus (for the stand by option) back via heathrow and only books 3/4 weeks in advance and always gets 7.5 over. Wouldn't have thought she'd get it everytime or the cynic in me saying you can never get the 15

I often get 15 points on saver for Amsterdam/Heathrow from cork. Saver cost me 200 over and 40 back to Heathrow lately and i got 15/7.5

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Usually I see the 15 points if the flight is roughly over €100, and 7.5 if it's less.

Anyone able to log into the Avios estore?

This is the URL I'm trying to get in via but no good: https://estore.aerlingus.com/login

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭VG31

Anyone able to log into the Avios estore?

This is the URL I'm trying to get in via but no good: https://estore.aerlingus.com/login

It's working fine for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Clon63

steve-o wrote: »
    You won't get tier points or a bronze bonus with BA. And make sure to check your booking class - only J D and C earn. The cheapest business fares are often in P booking class and earn nothing at all with BA.

Thanks to yourself and going nowhere for the useful responses I knew all this was comples but it just sounds even more complex than I thought😀

To make things even more confusing I have a D class fare going out and P coming back.

Advertisement