Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options
1143144145146147149»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭steve-o

Cathay don't do Avios so you can't transfer. But for any future One World flight, you can credit to BA, Iberia or Qatar and earn Avios.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭g0g

We sent you an email this morning to let you know that we had updated your account, however we noted that we included an incorrect tier expiry date of 31 March 2026 . The correct expiry date is 31 March 2025 and this is displayed in your account.

We're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

The AerClub Team

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭reidman

So could use some help with this - concierge due to work and plenty of points but always thought avios was crap because the website was rubbish and trying to get flights on points was next to impossible. But - when you did it was 8,000 to 10,000 one way for a European leg. With the new aerlingus.com setup you can burn avios to get money off a flight - but to fully cover a similar one way flight anywhere 50,000 to 80,000 avios. Anybody else try to do this with the new system?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 melchior1951

You have to go to rewards.aerlingus.com to book award flights with Avios. Paying with Avios on www.aerlingus.com is bad value indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭beachhead

Seperate issue: I use Qatar 2/3 times a year. Early March I got an email saying I cud buy Qpoints to upgrade-pay before 28th March at a reduced rate.27th March got an email reducing my Qpoints because last flights was 6 mths previously.If I had paid it would have been money down the drain-sneaky move by Qatar.Fee for upgrade was worth it.Waste of time complaining-just lucky I didn't bite.All airlines becoming more aggressive with qualifying terms

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Board Walker

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

Hi all, does anyone know of a contact email address for AerClub. I tried WhatsApp and website but no response. I want to register my disappointment with the mid year change of conditions for AerClub and how I personally suffered.

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Tea2

aerclubassist@aerlingus.com

be prepared for delayed and cut and paste responses. They don’t care. Even the Concierge email team are responding to all emails with a generic cut and pasted “go f yourself” email.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

There is a person on Flyertalk that wrote a letter based on the Consumer Rights Directive:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/36162833-post187.html

Maybe that gives more than a copy/paste answer!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Tea2

hopefully they get a result. What Aer Lingus are doing is dreadful, both the sleazy decision to screw them and the stonewalling they’re doing now in the hope we’ll eventually give up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭cson

Nothing will happen.

They view the Avios/AerClub program as a necessary evil, or as an itch that you have to scratch now and again, as opposed to a genuine engine for growth.

Which is, needless to say, idiotic if your primary market is transatlantic. Delta are now pulling in something like 20% of revenue from their credit card tie up with Amex. Obviously different lending environment, but the US carriers are properly leaning into their ability to market more than flights to customers.

But I'm sure it'll be grand in Shamrock House.

Sent email just there with a reference to consumer protection legislation. I don't hold out any hope but at least it has been registered. Still very annoyed as I was on target for a tier upgrade. Wording as follows:

"Hello, I would just like to register my annoyance at the recent changes to Aer Club.

My year started in Nov 23. I had earned 140 tier points when my account was reset. I am now down to 0. Since the reset I have taken a trip to the US (earning 75 points) and I have Aer Lingus flights booked in May, Jun, Aug and Sept so was confident of going up a tier by Nov 24.

I travel a lot with work and use Aer Lingus when I can. Our work travel agent doesn’t ‘stock’ Aer Lingus so I book directly and have to defend that decision each time. I do so due to my preference for the Aer Lingus staff and of course to achieve status.

I feel like I have been ‘downgraded’ through no fault of my own, with the terms of the program changing unilaterally mid year. I am not even sure this is allowed through consumer protection legislation. I feel that at the least there should have been a ‘pro-rata’ resetting of points.

On the plus side I am happy I can now earn points on BA as this opens up opportunities for me for destinations which Aer Lingus does not cover.

Regards,"

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭ULEZ23

you make a good point that staying loyal to aer Lingus for business travel in a lot of the bigger companies who use travel agents requires sacrifices and this may be the final straw that breaks the camel back for a lot of frequent fliers.

in my place we use cwt for our bookings, if you book aer Lingus you can’t manage your booking full stop, you can view it but can’t change anything. You can’t change your seat (even when checking in online, you have to go to the airport), even to add advance passenger information requires a phone call to the sh1t show that is aer Lingus’s Bulgarian call centre. Not the case with delta, aa nor American.

I was in line to get to platinum by November but won’t now so my loyalty is gone.

Yep, we have CWT too. Its harder and harder to avoid using them as it involves a lot of explaining. With Aer Lingus seemingly uninterested in loyalty I may not bother any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

If you are stuck with CWT make sure your company has the travelfusion API enabled for Aer Lingus, if that is enabled you can get bookings which are basically booked via EI directly and can be fully managed via the website etc

Works out cheaper as well in most cases. Learned my lesson a long time ago and thankfully when I was able to show significant savings it put my travel folks in a corner

Hi all, anyone know if you book a BA flight but use your AerClub number will it appears on both the EI and BA apps?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭BigMoose

Yes, assuming you use the same email address for both your BA and EI accounts (at least I can see a recent booking in both and I do use the same email address). You can't do much with it in the EI app though. My first leg is on EI metal and can't even pay for a seat through either.

Advertisement