Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Board Walker

"Partner airline lounge access"
    This is listed as a benefit for Platinum.

Thats my reason for asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dublinflyer

Yes the AMS lounge is for Platinum members but to be honest it's not worth the effort. I have been in there twice and left on both occasions as it was almost full, the food is poor and a lot noisier than the terminal. The last time I just went in, could not see any free seats so just took some fruit and waited at the gate where it is quiet that time of the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭NSAman

My Aer Club renewal date was last November, still have yet to receive the new card for the year... is this normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

No, my renewal date was 31st December, card arrived within 10 days

Yes the AMS lounge is for Platinum members but to be honest it's not worth the effort. I have been in there twice and left on both occasions as it was almost full, the food is poor and a lot noisier than the terminal. The last time I just went in, could not see any free seats so just took some fruit and waited at the gate where it is quiet that time of the evening.

Its the KLM lounge im talking about?

That sounds like the Aspire lounge there, aful place. I have Privium basic so im decididnt

deciding if ill upgrade to full or not if i can access the KLM lounge.

• Advertisement

Its the KLM lounge im talking about?

That sounds like the Aspire lounge there, aful place. I have Privium basic so im decididnt

deciding if ill upgrade to full or not if i can access the KLM lounge.

Yeah I think that's the one, from what I can see if you have a library card the let you in. As a slight aside I think that's becoming an issue with non airline lounges everywhere as they let in so many cards now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭micosoft

...also a longish walk from the gate. It’s becoming an increasingly valid choice to go to the gate than some of AL’s partner “lounges”. The US one’s are especially bad. You do get nice surprises like Gatwick though which is much better than any of AL’s own.

micosoft wrote: »
    ...also a longish walk from the gate. It’s becoming an increasingly valid choice to go to the gate than some of AL’s partner “lounges”. The US one’s are especially bad. You do get nice surprises like Gatwick though which is much better than any of AL’s own.

Yes the No.1 lounge in LGW is great, actually one of the better ones out there. The last time I was there the food choice was really good and a very relaxed atmosphere.

Aspire in Cork and Manchester are good! Especially the Manchester one.

But im still none the wiser if we can use KLM lounge or not as it says on Aer CLub site that platinum can youse partner airline lounges and the flight to cork is code shared with klm.....

• Advertisement

Aspire in Cork and Manchester are good! Especially the Manchester one.

But im still none the wiser if we can use KLM lounge or not as it says on Aer CLub site that platinum can youse partner airline lounges and the flight to cork is code shared with klm.....

I have got access to the KLM lounge in AME with my concierge card, and did in the past when platinum.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,406 ✭✭✭✭cson

They're probably already placed/sold, I think GECAS own them so there'd have been concrete plans in place from a year out from them being scheduled to come off lease. I think a few of them are scheduled for freighter conversion.

I have got access to the KLM lounge in AME with my concierge card, and did in the past when platinum.

I must try it in Feb when i start traveling again. Its hard to beat the Privium lounge but ill certainly be renewing my Privium basic. There's nothing better than bypassing 200 odd people and breezing through! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭samo

Does anyone know if you book flights using app and adding your own membership aer club number to another family members booking if you should get avios points for the booking? (person would be booked separately to main Aer Club traveler same outbound but maybe returning different date)

Its happened a few times now but have booked flights and then claiming missing avios, radio silence and never added or awarded, but comes up as claim window expired a few months later for that family member booking...

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭SB Morer

samo wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you book flights using app and adding your own membership aer club number to another family members booking if you should get avios points for the booking? (person would be booked separately to main Aer Club traveler same outbound but maybe returning different date)

Its happened a few times now but have booked flights and then claiming missing avios, radio silence and never added or awarded, but comes up as claim window expired a few months later for that family member booking...

From the AerClub FAQs: “You can only earn Avios and Tier Credits on flights that you have actually flown. If your family or friends wish to earn Avios or Tier Credits, they will need their own AerClub account”
    https://www.aerlingus.com/aerclub/about-aerclub/faqs/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭samo

SB Morer wrote: »
    From the AerClub FAQs: “You can only earn Avios and Tier Credits on flights that you have actually flown. If your family or friends wish to earn Avios or Tier Credits, they will need their own AerClub account”
    https://www.aerlingus.com/aerclub/about-aerclub/faqs/

Ahhh! well that explains that one, should have looked at the FAQ :o:o

Appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Bojill

You can earn AerClub Avios though Booking.com too and many of the same earning partners and stores as BAEC. Actually for hotels Expedia.ie award 10 Avios per €1 through the AerClub eStore whereas they aren’t partnered with the BAEC eStore.

Moving points is quite simple. Go to Avios.com and login with your AerClub details. Then click ‘Manage my account’ and then ‘Combine my Avios’. Select British Airways on the right and move your points.

I've tried logging in, I reset my password, but it won't login for me.
    Anyone else having problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭crisco10

Bojill wrote: »
    I've tried logging in, I reset my password, but it won't login for me.
    Anyone else having problems?

Yup. Can login on phone but laptop just loops without logging me in.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

crisco10 wrote: »
    Yup. Can login on phone but laptop just loops without logging me in.

Keep closing the tab and trying again. Eventually you will get a Captcha. It's been like this for months for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

Hi,

I'm going to reach silver status in a couple of months. Started back in September. Does the silver stay with me until September and then points drop off as each flight I took goes over 12 months?

• Advertisement

Once you hit 301 you are Silver for the remaining part of your year plus the full 12 months after

So if your Anniversary date is Sept 1,

If you earn 301 between Sept 1 and say April 1, you become Silver until Sept 1 +12 months beyond this

So you will always get at least 12 months, and in theory could get 23 months...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Once you hit 301 you are Silver for the remaining part of your year plus the full 12 months after

So if your Anniversary date is Sept 1,

If you earn 301 between Sept 1 and say April 1, you become Silver until Sept 1 +12 months beyond this

So you will always get at least 12 months, and in theory could get 23 months...

I believe this is incorrect.

Whatever date you make silver will become your new anniversary date, and you will then have 12 months from that date to earn another 301 Tier Credits to remain Silver.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

I believe this is incorrect.

Whatever date you make silver will become your new anniversary date, and you will then have 12 months from that date to earn another 301 Tier Credits to remain Silver.

Nope first one is correct, the anniversary date doesn't change when you go up a tier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

deconduo wrote: »
    Nope first one is correct, the anniversary date doesn't change when you go up a tier.

Correct, the anniversary date doesn’t change.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

Thanks for replies

Did anyone get any of the 500 Bonus Avios that were due under this promotion?
    https://www.aerlingus.com/aerclub/members-area/collect-bonus-avios/

I was only in a position to avail of the SuperValu bonus. I converted 50 RR Points to Avios. The bonus 500 should have posted by 31 January. I took it up with AerClub via email as it was an AerClub offer and they keep trying to direct me to SuperValu or Avios.com. The responses I’m getting from AerClub are truly appalling, they honestly don’t seem to understand what I’m talking about, despite me sending them a link to the webpage.

Yup it has appeared on my account

30/01/2020
    AERCLUB PARTNER BONUS AVIOS

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

You will get much better value using Avios for British Airways or OneWorld redemptions. Even if you want to use them for an Aer Lingus redemption move them to BA Executive Club and book with them over the phone and you’ll pay much lower taxes/fees

Can I clarify this - are you saying that it's as simple as moving your current Aer Lingus Avios points to BA Club, and you can still use the points to book Aer Lingus flights (and reward flights?)?
    Thanks

Can I clarify this - are you saying that it's as simple as moving your current Aer Lingus Avios points to BA Club, and you can still use the points to book Aer Lingus flights (and reward flights?)?
    Thanks

Yes it’s that simple. Move the points to BA Executive Club. Then phone BA to book your flights. Article below sets it out

https://www.headforpoints.com/2019/03/31/how-to-redeem-avios-on-aer-lingus/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Yes it’s that simple. Move the points to BA Executive Club. Then phone BA to book your flights. Article below sets it out

https://www.headforpoints.com/2019/03/31/how-to-redeem-avios-on-aer-lingus/

what about using Avios for upgrades? i.e. upgrading an Aer Lingus economy flight to business - can this be done through BA? Thanks.

Advertisement