Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last Of Us 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,509 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Recall the massive difference in the AI in TLOU demos and the actual game?

I would be wary of all the talk about it. For example, they have said that the whole game can be played without killing any dogs.

That sounds really odd and calls into question the AI.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Recall the massive difference in the AI in TLOU demos and the actual game?

I would be wary of all the talk about it. For example, they have said that the whole game can be played without killing any dogs.

That sounds really odd and calls into question the AI.

Really? Everything in the demo I witnessed (After multiple playthroughs)

Really? Everything in the demo I witnessed (After multiple playthroughs)
    The demo was a bit scripted, the reactions and dialogue of the enemies were more fluid and natural than the final game. There was some sequences like wrestling over a shotgun which weren't in the game.

I wouldn't say it was an egregious example of misleading gameplay trailers. It was pretty close to how the game plays. It just a bit more polished and cinematic than anything you'd ever see in the final game. It presented the AI as being something above the norm.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Rumour of delay till Spring.

I really hope not. February was perfect before FF in march and Cyberpunk in April.

https://kotaku.com/sources-the-last-of-us-2-delayed-to-spring-1839322915?utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow&utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭brevity

Just spotted this too. Ooof. Gives me a bit more time to save I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Very bizarre after only announcing release date 3 weeks ago and making a big deal of it. Don't think I remember a big game's release date changed so fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,340 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Penn wrote: »

Feb to end of may is disappointing but **** it, i can wait if it means they can deliver the best game without their employees suffering unnecessary crunch. There will still probably be crunch but doubt as much with a feb release by the sounds of it.

Sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

This is why I think when fans keep pressuring developers and publishers about release dates it's not a good thing. I feel like Naughty Dog knew very well that there was a possibility they wouldn't be able to meet the Feb release date but Sony must have felt like they needed to show something. Oh well.

Apparently Ghosts of Tsushima has also been pushed back as a result. Was supposed to come out in the first half of next year. Will now be coming out in the second half.

Ghosts of Tsushima will probably be held back until the PS5 launch now considering it is a cross generation game.

• Advertisement

Isn't the launch in autumn next year?

Should be October/November.

Suits me fine, I'll probably hold off on TLOU2 until PS5 anyhow. So the later the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,509 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Thats a pretty major screw up in terms of PR. They had this big announcement and then within a few weeks turns out they need almost 3 months more to prepare! It only a little over 3 months for the originally announced release date, so essentially they have doubled the close off time!

Something pretty big must have happened. Something pretty fundamental to the entire game.

Free dynamic theme release, looks class. I downloaded it but can't open it because 'can't connect to item, unable to verify license' what! Anyone else have problems with it?

https://twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/status/1227276303729999874?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Works for me, you truly are a king among men, My theme has been Ellie hunting in a woods for the past 8 months. My excitement levels can no longer be measured by conventional means.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

I should probably finish the first one before playing this. I was very close to the end and dropped it for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,576 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

The last of us remastered for a tenner in the PS store. Will prob get to refresh my mind and play before 2 comes out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

I should probably finish the first one before playing this. I was very close to the end and dropped it for some reason.

I'll do you one better, I have this for both PS3 and PS4 and still haven't finished either!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,340 ✭✭✭✭Penn

• Registered Users Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭Damien360

Testament1 wrote: »
    I'll do you one better, I have this for both PS3 and PS4 and still haven't finished either!

Finished it on PS3, loved it. Bought it online on PS4, installed and never once started it on PS4.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Yeah I'm the same. Booted up remastered just to have a look at it, but then left it. It's not really the type of game you'd play multiple times.

I'm actually surprised how well liked TLOU is. I mean, at the end of the day it's just your average 3rd person shooter with an oscar bait story.

Rob2D wrote: »
    Yeah I'm the same. Booted up remastered just to have a look at it, but then left it. It's not really the type of game you'd play multiple times.

I'm actually surprised how well liked TLOU is. I mean, at the end of the day it's just your average 3rd person shooter with an oscar bait story.

maybe for you normal people

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Wonder will they do a remastered version of this for PS5 launch. My PS4 has packed in and thinking of waiting until PS5 launch to buy ratehr than picking up a new PS4. This is must play for me.

Wonder will they do a remastered version of this for PS5 launch. My PS4 has packed in and thinking of waiting until PS5 launch to buy ratehr than picking up a new PS4. This is must play for me.

If bc works like the Xbox One X, they might just have you download higher quality textures that can only be used on PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

gimli2112 wrote: »
    maybe for you normal people
    How many times did you play son?

somewhere between 10 and 20 I reckon between Ps3 - 4 and different difficulty levels

Advertisement