Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last Of Us 2

Options

Comments

I actually feel like I watched too much. That could have had a similar impact like the start of the first game.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,566 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Collectors edition (statue of Ellie playing guitar), special edition, prorder bonuses detailed here

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2019/09/24/the-last-of-us-part-ii-releases-21st-february-2020-watch-the-incredible-new-trailer/#sf220028848

Also, the media Day today is embargoed but just until Thursday when media can talk about their hands on with 2 levels covering about 3 hours of gameplay. Will be nice to hear impressions but definitely not reading about the detailed playthroughs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Was hoping to see more gameplay tbh. I don't really care what the media will say as most are so neutered with big studios I can't even bother reading impressions or reviews now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

There's going to be some incredible hands-on pieces after this media event. I don't really want to know much more, but I have zero restraint for this kind of thing.

Still a bit shaken up from that trailer!

It looks like it's gonna get fair dark alright. I wonder who was with her and gets shot when she gets captured and what exactly did they do to her after seeing all the marks on her body. Linked with the first trailer of her getting revenge for what they've done. Can't wait for another playthrough of TLOU 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    It looks like it's gonna get fair dark alright. I wonder who was with her and gets shot when she gets captured and what exactly did they do to her after seeing all the marks on her body. Linked with the first trailer of her getting revenge for what they've done. Can't wait for another playthrough of TLOU 1.

With Joel showing up it would seem like it's your one Dina, unless Naughty Dog are pulling a fast one there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭brevity

Need to get my hands on a PS4 Pro. Have time to save I suppose....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Well this may just be the excuse I need to upgrade the TV :D

Benzino wrote: »
    Well this may just be the excuse I need to upgrade the TV :D

My aim was to buy a 4k tv before Cyberpunk but that date has now moved forward. Gonna hit the black Friday sales hard.

I am NOT looking forward to hearing my Pro taking off like a plane trying to play this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,550 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Seems GameStop are only getting the Special and Collector's editions. Apparently the Ellie Edition is going to be US only.

Edit: Confirmed, Ellie Edition is omitted from the EU blog post.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2019/09/24/the-last-of-us-part-ii-releases-21st-february-2020-watch-the-incredible-new-trailer/

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

One thing I noticed that was weird in the trailer. The vital where Ellie fell through the floor she was wearing those gas masks to protect you from the pores of mold. I don't think she wore them in the first game as she is immune to the effects.

Most of twitter noticed too

• Registered Users Posts: 11,481 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Seems GameStop are only getting the Special and Collector's editions. Apparently the Ellie Edition is going to be US only.

Edit: Confirmed, Ellie Edition is omitted from the EU blog post.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2019/09/24/the-last-of-us-part-ii-releases-21st-february-2020-watch-the-incredible-new-trailer/

Great. Preordering from a company thats future is in the air, to say the least.

ERG89 wrote: »
    One thing I noticed that was weird in the trailer. The vital where Ellie fell through the floor she was wearing those gas masks to protect you from the pores of mold. I don't think she wore them in the first game as she is immune to the effects.

Most of twitter noticed too

I'd say it's the same reason she got the tattoo to cover up the scar, she's trying to hide her immunity.

Great. Preordering from a company thats future is in the air, to say the least.

Only way to get them here unfortunately. GameStop always buy exclusively on CEs here.

Both the CE and the SE are available on the website now.

https://www.gamestop.ie/PlayStation%204/Games/72238/the-last-of-us-part-ii-collectors-edition-gamestop-exclusive

https://www.gamestop.ie/PlayStation%204/Games/72239/the-last-of-us-part-ii-special-edition-gamestop-exclusive

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I really appreciate that people are spoilering the contents of that video, I avoid trailers of films cause they always ruin the film and by the looks of things, this trailer is the same. So whilst I'm sure there are some of you who simply don't care, I just wanted to say I appreciate it but I think I'll be bowing out of this thread now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,481 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Yep, I know.

Only advice I can give is to preorder online and not in store. If you pay with your visa or mastercard it'll have a guarantee. If you preorder in store with cash, you'll be at the mercy of its business staying open.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,760 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

So I pre-ordered the Collector's Edition :cool:

Now the waiting is the hardest part.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Slightly off topic but following on from some of the above comments, is GameStop in trouble? Likely to go under anytime soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,760 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Old Man Joel!!!![
    Seeing him put a smile on my face :)

• Advertisement

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Slightly off topic but following on from some of the above comments, is GameStop in trouble? Likely to go under anytime soon?

They have downsized in the US I thought.
    It won't be disappearing anytime soon yet based on the re-structure.
    However personally I wouldn't be paying for a pre-order up front via the site just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Looks great, just in time for my birthday. Delighted, some amount of games coming out in this quarter. Fully booked up with this game, cyberpunk and FF7 Remake.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,295 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

PS4 is looking so good at the moment, I can’t see how PS5 sells well at launch. There’s no PS5 games announced yet a year away.

Just noticed the release date is a Friday, perfect!

I’m sure there will be a last of us 2 remastered for the ps5. Which is mildly frustrating...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

brevity wrote: »
    I’m sure there will be a last of us 2 remastered for the ps5. Which is mildly frustrating...

Frustratingly awesome

brevity wrote: »

I'd say the chances of TLOU2 being a launch title are reasonably high.

Ghosts of Tsushima is said to either now be a PS5 or cross platform release.

But do I get a PS4 Pro or wait for the 5!

I must play this game. I bought a PS3 for the first one...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,295 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

I'd say the chances of TLOU2 being a launch title are reasonably high.

Ghosts of Tsushima is said to either now be a PS5 or cross platform release.

I think it will too but with backwards compatibility this time around on PS5, I doubt sales for the remaster will go as well. A lot of 360 owners ended up on PS4 and bought Last of Us Remastered.

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    I think it will too but with backwards compatibility this time around on PS5, I doubt sales for the remaster will go as well. A lot of 360 owners ended up on PS4 and bought Last of Us Remastered.

Yeah, will be interest how backwards compatibility will work. Is that just for physical disks or if I get TLOU 2 digitally on PS4, can I redownload it on PS5? I won't kid myself too much, I'll probably buy the PS5 version for the 5% increase in graphics/performance.

• Advertisement

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    PS4 is looking so good at the moment, I can’t see how PS5 sells well at launch. There’s no PS5 games announced yet a year away.

Just noticed the release date is a Friday, perfect!
    Purely speculation but I imagine they will have a sequel to Horizon Zero Dawn lined up for ps5, or a new god of war perhaps. I doubt they'd launch without at least one big first party game. As for third party I imagine the next Battlefield game will probably be out for the next gen consoles launch as well. Rockstar might do an enhanced red dead like gta v.

Advertisement