Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last Of Us 2

Options
1737475767779»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Just through the subway and into the theatre. That subway section with the red lights and you can set the clickers on the WLF. Then the chase out of it. Fantastic.

I'm not sure what has changed but I'm loving it this time. I did really like it the first time, but this time it's hitting all the right notes. I think I get what they were going for and the leaks really did ruin it.

Here's me playing the remastered version 🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 29,484 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

What difficulty are you playing on? I have it on ng+ and playing survivor+but finding encounters a pain as I'm rusty and i don't like having all the weapons. Wouldn't mind starting a ng but choosing to start at Seattle Downtown instead of the whole intro again.

I just started a new game with a fresh save rather than Ng+.

Stuck it in all the default moderate difficulty. Enjoying it at this pace I feel strong enough to keep the story moving but still at risk if there is more than two enemies.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,484 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Might do the same, the balance in playing at is affecting the story for me, not flowing too well.

Just cleared the hospital and the rat king. I've played most of the game on the TV speakers. But this time I'd the 3D audio in the headset. It adds another dimension to that section. When the clickers are locked behind the door screeching it gave me shivers.

Really enjoying this playthrough.

Post edited by Grumpypants on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,813 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'm just after getting to the hospital with Abbie. I've not played it before but how much do I have left in the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,294 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

• Registered Users Posts: 27,813 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Cheers for that. Definitely starting to drag a bit at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,988 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I'm at about the same stage and haven't gone back to it for a week or so. This is my second playthrough... which I started after I finished the Last of Us Part 1 remake and got about 10-12 hours into and gave up. I went back to it after the remastered update and probably put another 10-12 hours into and my interest is waning. It's just too long for me, I definitely preferred the first one.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭pedatron

I'm showing my age but I feel most games are too long for me now. I blitzed through Spider-Man 2 recently and had a blast. Platinum Trophy and all. That being said I feel TLOU2 is undoubtedly a better game just I don't have the time to put into a game anymore. Took me the bones of 9 months to finish GOW Ragnorok! Again I liked it just it was too long for me to commit to it fully!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

I've gotten totally burned out of long games.

Playing Uncharted 2 and it's an absolute blast. Turn it on, play some chapters, turn it off. Finish in a few days.

Waiting to get TLOU part 1 when it's cheaper.

Now, having said that, how much is the remastered upgrade for part 2 ? 😆 I see Amazon have the PS4 version for about 20 quid second hand.

Because I've finished it before I don't have that drive to see what happens. I know how it pans out. So I'm much more comfortable with the length and I'm just playing in the moment and looking for new ways to do things. I've spent a good few hours looking at the scenery too :) so have prob added a good ten hours to an already long game. But not having that hanging over you really changes how I engage with the game. I'm paying much closer attention to how they flip you back and forth between your allegiance to Ellie or Abby.

Now it's my go-to when I need a break from Helldivers and I'll pop in for an hour before bed.

Wrapped it up last night. It's a great game. Definitely hit differently the second time around. I was more focused on what they were narratively trying to do.

To take the whole hero and villain dynamic and keep twisting it until you can't see either Abby of Ellie as one or the other. I know it's long but to be able to do it I feel they needed the space to develop them both.

Advertisement