Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last Of Us 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Ellen Page as Ellie?

Never heard them being compared, no never....

Jokes aside she does look a lot like Ellie but at 33 can’t be playing a young teen

Id rather have some unknown actress come in because it could easily be a breakout role if done right, let whoever plays Joel be the established Holywood guy, I wouldnt be opposed to Hugh Jackman

• Registered Users Posts: 29,487 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Page said she didn't appreciate her likeness being ripped off by Naughty Dog and even though she still looks young in umbrella academy, would be too old for this.

Elijah Wood getting excited about this on twitter and made me think he would be a ****ing brilliant David.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Have they said if the show is basically a tv version of the first game or is it set in the same universe? As in, will Joel and Ellie actually be the main characters or could it even be set just after the outbreak with completely new characters

Edit- Scratch that
    https://twitter.com/Neil_Druckmann/status/1235619903568097280?s=19

Have they said if the show is basically a tv version of the first game or is it set in the same universe? As in, will Joel and Ellie actually be the main characters or could it even be set just after the outbreak with completely new characters

I read that Craig is a huge fan of the game and both him and Neil are looking to recreate the original story with the possibility to extend it when the 2nd game is out.

Compared to the Uncharted movie where They couldn't see eye to eye and naughty dog have nothing to do with the film, you know it's gonna be a load of bollox.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Casting is gonna be the trickiest thing with this. Would be better with unknowns im ok. Jake Gyllenhaal would be an obvious choice but he would take away from the experience i think. The girl in the recent Netflix series "i am not okay with this" could be a good Ellie.

I was thinking the girl from "The End of the Fúcking World" provided she can do an American accent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I'd rather an animation with the voice cast.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Was thinking this would be a disaster but they've got an excellent director and the original writer and creator on board. This could actually be good ...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

J. Marston wrote: »
    I was thinking the girl from "The End of the Fúcking World" provided she can do an American accent.

I love Jess Barden but she's 27-28 it would be a stretch, still think she'd be great but would have to play her older which would change it

I'd rather they didn't cast Joel and Ellie

Do something else like maybe Tommy's story

There is so much potential in the world of TLOU

That can be the fourth movie. The Last of Us IV : A New Hope. Actually that can be this one and then they can do a trilogy sequel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Ever since Logan I thought Hugh Jackman would make a great Joel, prob a bit too old though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

If they're going for a big name, Hugh Jackman or Anson Mount would be ideal. Kinda agree with earlier comments that unknown talent might be best or else expectations could be unattainably sky high

• Registered Users Posts: 33,239 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Just posted in the Television thread, but my pick for Joel would be Jon Hamm, with an unknown playing Ellie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Since it's on HBO it's going to be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I love Jess Barden but she's 27-28 it would be a stretch, still think she'd be great but would have to play her older which would change it

In TEOTFW she played 18-19 and had me fooled. Was surprised when I found out she's 27.

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau could be a good Joel.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,652 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Now where do I apply to become a clicker for the TV show.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,099 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Who needs a straight adaptation when you have A Quiet Place basically being The Last of Us films? Seriously: the trailer for the second one starts with a scene that is basically the early car scene in TLOU!

Never heard of that film until I seen the trailer for part 2 at the cinema 2 weeks back and thought the same.

Watched part one last weekend and thought it was god awful

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Greyfox

RasTa wrote: »
    Watched part one last weekend and thought it was god awful

Personally I thought a Quiet place was the best horror film of the last decade. I cant wait for this, of all the adaptations of games in the works TLOU is definitely the most likely to be great

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Greyfox wrote: »
    Personally I thought a Quiet place was the best horror film of the last decade. I cant wait for this, of all the adaptations of games in the works TLOU is definitely the most likely to be great

There's way better horror films. Really enjoyed the Witch. But despite it's flaws I thoroughly enjoyed quiet place. Carried a real sense of tension throughout and looking forward to the sequel.

• Advertisement

It was so terrible I wished the whole family died in the first scene and saved me 90mins.

Just go live by the waterfall then and stop the rest of the rubbish. The Witch was decent, Hereditary up there too.

maxresdefault.jpg

5e664f91d136c.image.jpg?resize=760%2C507

Freaked out yet?

It is April....The Last of Us 2 releases in May.... **** the Corona Virus.

Zero you're going to have to join us in the 21st century and go digital
    I must make sure I'm working from home in May. If this shutdown is still in place my productivity will tank in May

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    It is April....The Last of Us 2 releases in May.... **** the Corona Virus.

Bad news :(
    https://twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/status/1245773177944281089?s=19

**** off Eoin with your late April's Fools.

tenor.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,099 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

TBH there are more important things going on now then the launch of any game. Above all hope this gives the Naughty Dog folk some time to rest up and recharge before post-launch support - reports suggest it’s been gruelling for them even without the whole coronavirus crisis, so hopefully this relieves some of the pressure on them.

Yeah hope they do but can see them lashing into bugs. An insider told Schreier "the game is basically done".

In the mean time, here are some new screenshots. My god they look pretty.

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1245783326704705538?s=19

• Advertisement

Advertisement