Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last Of Us 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ellie is pissed

untitled-2ock7e.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

There was no need to reveal Joel. Trailer should have ended just as Ellie turned around. Obvious as to who was there but still....

There was no need to reveal Joel. Trailer should have ended just as Ellie turned around. Obvious as to who was there but still....

I agree. Would have been way better in game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I agree. Would have been way better in game.

They've ruined what should have been an emotional reunion.

Now I'm going to be like "oh look there's yer man from before"

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭bot43

Ruined. Im not even going to buy it now. Scumbags.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,576 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Harsh . It’s all about the gameplay and graphics

• Registered Users Posts: 33,340 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'd say there's a good chance that's not even Joel's first appearance in the game. Just because she didn't know he was there doesn't mean it's some sort of big reunion.

We all knew Joel would be in the game. Hell he was in the first trailer (though we didn't fully see him). The trailer didn't spoil that.

Joel was already in the first trailer. I mean it could have been ghost Joel but he was there.

I read the official description of the game from a post on reddit earlier and it basically started with '5 years on from the first game, Joel and Elle settle ina community...'.

ND said this game is massive and the trailer just scratches the surfaces. I also think that trailer is all over the place. I don't think it's Joels hand that grabs Ellie (she's outdoors and then Joel is in a house), lots of misdirection so who knows what's gonna happen. I'm looking forward to finding out though.

Penn wrote: »
    I'd say there's a good chance that's not even Joel's first appearance in the game. Just because she didn't know he was there doesn't mean it's some sort of big reunion.

We all knew Joel would be in the game. Hell he was in the first trailer (though we didn't fully see him). The trailer didn't spoil that.

Fair enough when you put it like that

The particle effects in the trailer - the dust and spores in the air, catching the light - really impressed me. Small detail but looks amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

The particle effects in the trailer - the dust and spores in the air, catching the light - really impressed me. Small detail but looks amazing.

I already know that my PS4 Pro will be heard in the darkest corners of the Antarctic when I play this next February. I blacked out the noise for God of War & RDR2 when I was almost deafened at first.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭brevity

ERG89 wrote: »
    I already know that my PS4 Pro will be heard in the darkest corners of the Antarctic when I play this next February. I blacked out the noise for God of War & RDR2 when I was almost deafened at first.

Isn’t the newer version of the pro supposed to be quieter?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

brevity wrote: »
    Isn’t the newer version of the pro supposed to be quieter?

Yeah, there was a revision last year. It first appeared in the RDR2 bundles.

I got the fortnite bundle which I'm fully sure was loaded with the ****ty fan/thermal paste. Gonna try clean out my fan this weekend, see if it makes a difference but yeah, i want to hear every sound from this game and not the jet plane beside my telly.

I can see this game getting very very dark.

https://twitter.com/GamesRadar/status/1177081622354640896?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 5,654 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

ERG89 wrote: »

Say a prayer for us with the standard PS4. Feels like theres an airplane getting ready for take-off in my sitting room everytime I play a match on PES.

Say a prayer for us with the standard PS4. Feels like theres an airplane getting ready for take-off in my sitting room everytime I play a match on PES.

I never had fan noise problems with my base ps4. If I had the option, I'd swap my Pro straight back for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,340 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I never had fan noise problems with my base ps4. If I had the option, I'd swap my Pro straight back for it.

Well my base PS4 randomly spat disks back out in the middle of games (and oftentimes just when it was on Rest Mode), so I'll take the noise of the Pro over that :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Zero-Cool wrote: »

I still have the base PS4 and once it's not in my TV cabinet I have no fan issues at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Game is released a couple of days after my birthday and my new leave year starts in February, will definitely play through the first game once or twice more before this is released!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Collectors edition pre-ordered yesterday morning, Gamestop haven't taken money yet so maybe they won't until Feb?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Collectors edition pre-ordered yesterday morning, Gamestop haven't taken money yet so maybe they won't until Feb?

Yah should be around 5 days before or so. If it was a store order they will take a small part of it. Normally €5 for games & €50 for consoles

New free theme on the psn store. Nice music but i prefer the one released for e3.

Loads of hands on thoughts and gameplay footage going around. I was weak and watched PlayStation access. Looks glorious! Familiar gameplay but some serious detail in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

No multiplayer confirmed.

I saw reports saying both it was and wasn't gonna be in. Very strange if not as MP in the first is brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

That will break my heart if true. The MP in the first one is genuinely one of the best I've ever played, probably only rivalled by COD MW1 and 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

That will break my heart if true. The MP in the first one is genuinely one of the best I've ever played, probably only rivalled by COD MW1 and 2.

https://uk.ign.com/articles/2019/09/26/the-last-of-us-part-2-wont-have-any-multiplayer-at-all

Ok do it looks like they had planned MP but as single player became bigger and more complex, they decided to focus on single player, can't be mad at that. Also, there were recent job postings for multiplayer devs so I'd guess we will get an MP mode after release.

https://twitter.com/TLOUstrategist/status/1177254013189804032?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

I'm terribly disappointed there won't be multiplayer. The game is still one of my most anticipated releases ever, but I had a lot of fun with Factions in its first few years.

• Advertisement

Advertisement