Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The case of the racist blackcurrant drink

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Mango Joe wrote: »
    WTF?People have an obligation to conduct themselves as decent, respectful human beings when interacting with all other people.

Jesus wept.

People have an inclination to shy away. People are taking flight here; in all kinds of ways but I don’t think we foresaw ourselves becoming more introverted

You want to invite the world in on top of us go on ahead but I’m telling you now the average joe does not agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

jimgoose wrote: »
    What we wants is hoors. Big bony hoors, and plenty of them.

Sorry, but i'm just not having this bullshít!

"We" are like goldilocks, we like our hoors not too fat, but not too bony either. The sweetspot for hoors is somewhere in the middle......but you are correct in that we want plenty of them:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Bobblehats wrote: »
    People have an inclination to shy away. People are taking flight here; in all kinds of ways but I don’t think we foresaw ourselves becoming more introverted

You want to invite the world in on top of us go on ahead but I’m telling you now the average joe does not agree.

What in the name of Moses are you on about with your introversion comment?

I don't want to invite the World in on top of us - I'm just pointing out that people have an obligation to conduct themselves with a some sort of basic degree of common decency and respect towards others and not to behave like small-minded, inbred, ignorant ar$eholes.

We are a society that benefits its citizens with a State education - The bar needs to be set above toenail height FFS.

& To be frank, who has the time to be worrying about the pathetic sensibilities of these introverted, uncomfortable people who only want to ever met fellow Irish Catholic rural dwellers with pale skin and freckles and a pioneer pin on their little woollen geansaí Mammy knitted them?

I don't want to invite the World in on top of us - I'm just pointing out that people have an obligation to conduct themselves with a some sort of basic degree of common decency and respect towards others and not to behave like small-minded, inbred, ignorant ar$eholes.

And I'd agree with you... however, there is also a degree of onus on people not to get offended or upset because everyone doesn't rush and gush in welcome of people from different backgrounds.

Overt offensive or threatening behavior shouldn't tolerated in any society for anyone. Regardless of race, culture, etc. However, at the same time, a person should be allowed to keep their distance or to limit their interactions with those they genuinely don't want any involvement with. Many irish people already people do that for social or cultural reasons (beggars, alcoholics, drug addicts, Jehova witnesses ;) )

Personally, I don't have any issues with race. It doesn't bother me, although i can remember what it was like when I first starting encountering black people in my small midlands town. There was no racism intended. It was simply a degree of discomfort, that honestly, didn't disappear until I formed friendships much later in life (with groups of black people rather than individuals). When I was a teenager, there were a grand total of three African families in my hometown, and they all arrived when I was about fifteen. Limited exposure to any of them. A few priests from African countries, who were lovely, but priests tended to be a different breed of people regardless.

The point is that there was no expectation that they be accepted immediately as other Irish people were. They were different. They knew it, and we knew it. We treated them with courtesy and respect, but there was still discomfort for the differences in behavioral norms, and cultural differences.

Nowadays, though, there's this obligation to skip that introductory period, and immediately accept everyone. That's fine for kids or teenagers who grow up in a mixed environment, but I know many older people (many from West Galway) whose exposure to black people is limited, and do find themselves stepping lightly around them.

We should be decent people. That should be a given. However, if someone doesn't want to interact with a black person or sit beside them on a bus, then it should be their choice to be that way... as long as they don't behave in a manner that is offensive in doing so. Personal space is also a element in common decency.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Cordell

WTF?

People have a "right to be uncomfortable" around other people with a different skin colour in Ireland in 2020?

Would they not in fact be better advised to pull their pin heads out of their arses and broaden their tiny minds, dim outlooks and myopic horizons instead of exercising such a ridiculous "right"?

Irish people have emigrated from Ireland in their millions since famine times - We of all people should recognise the rights of people from all nations to come here.

Let me help you out here - Forget about rights.... People have an obligation to conduct themselves as decent, respectful human beings when interacting with all other people.

Jesus wept.

Yes, people are obliged to conduct themselves properly, and also have the right to think whatever they want to think, including not liking a particular race or ethnicity. You don't have to like all people in order to behave like a decent human being.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Cordell wrote: »
    Yes, people are obliged to conduct themselves properly, and also have the right to think whatever they want to think, including not liking a particular race or ethnicity. You don't have to like all people in order to behave like a decent human being.

Ah I see.

Thanks for revealing yourself.

- Lifes just too short to waste another second on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Irish people have emigrated from Ireland in their millions since famine times - We of all people should recognise the rights of people from all nations to come here.

Bar European citizens excercising their treaty rights within the EU (reciprocal rights, which are in fact limited by law) there is no such 'right' for anyone to settle in any country they please. A preposterous notion that would turn societies and economies across the world on their heads (including ours) if it was allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

https://twitter.com/EbonyOSeosamh

This has her in a hissy fit at the moment, pure satire...great stuff. Should have a good few of her supporters going bananas.

OOOPS I said bananas.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

This has her in a hissy fit at the moment, pure satire...great stuff. Should have a good few of her supporters going bananas.

OOOPS I said bananas.

She seems to be not all there, marking down due to spelling is in fact racist. Omg this is actually a parody account, lol you would be fooled to believe its real considering some of the woke academic papers that have come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

OOOPS I said bananas.

I wonder how long that fake page will last , blacks and trans ...haha . She probably loving it , more " racism " she's experiencing here . Poor me .

@EbunJoseph1
    Pls report this fake account! When people hate, they become mindless. What do u hate me for? Being an academic that teaches on race & racism? Do u harass White Lecturers this way? You create a fake acct to spread racist lies? U incite hate against me? JAH https://twitter.com/EbonyOSeosamh
    10:45 PM · Jan 6, 2020·Twitter for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭TwoMonthsOff

OOOPS I said bananas.

There are similar parody pages of other Irish people on Twitter. They dont seem to be getting removed at all. It will be interesting to see how long it lasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

There are similar parody pages of other Irish people on Twitter. They dont seem to be getting removed at all. It will be interesting to see how long it lasts.

The boring kearney brothers one is funny

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I was actually only thinking today we should have updates daily of what she puts up on the interweb....

That account is hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

WTF?

People have a "right to be uncomfortable" around other people with a different skin colour in Ireland in 2020?

Would they not in fact be better advised to pull their pin heads out of their arses and broaden their tiny minds, dim outlooks and myopic horizons instead of exercising such a ridiculous "right"?

Let me help you out here - Forget about rights.... People have an obligation to conduct themselves as decent, respectful human beings when interacting with all other people.

Jesus wept.

This idea that we must never question inward immigration because so many Irish people emigrated since 1840 is a tedious trope.

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    This idea that we must never question inward immigration because so many Irish people emigrated since 1840 is a tedious trope.

Its a staple of the open border loons, its their attempt at Irish white guilt. Unfortunately it doesn't really cut the mustard and has the opposite effect of driving a more nationalistic response.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

That hyperbolic twat isn't happy. :D

https://twitter.com/HyperbolicDub/status/1214620975523909634

Funny thing is, when YouTube ban conservatives they cry it's a private business and can do what they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

There's a woke one called Fintan O'Toolbox. And other called David Quim.

That hyperbolic twat isn't happy. :D

https://twitter.com/HyperbolicDub/status/1214620975523909634

Funny thing is, when YouTube ban conservatives they cry it's a private business and can do what they want.

I think he is also going to be annoyed in the response from Garda info.

Calhoun wrote: »

what was the response? he blocked me a long time ago.

He seems like a very angry individual. The way he is trying to dox everyone could get him into a lot of trouble.

• Advertisement

What did he block you for?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

These people will block anyone that questions them or doesn't agree.

These people will block anyone that questions them or doesn't agree.

The world was a better place before twitter.

I essentially tried to highlight a potentially dangerous error in his tweet several times, he ignored, repeated how right he was, hours later saw it, told me a name difference was a typo (clearly having no understanding of what a typo is) and then told me to "get over it" and blocked me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Cordell

Ah I see.

Thanks for revealing yourself.

- Lifes just too short to waste another second on you.

I revealed myself as someone who values freedom of thought, sure, now I'll go cry in my corner for you're not wasting your precious time on me again.

I mean Garda info probably isn't going to do much, especially with the volume he is tagging them.

He seems like a very angry individual. The way he is trying to dox everyone could get him into a lot of trouble.

The only hope he has is that the people he is attempting to dox either don't get impacted or are just keyboard warriors. Cross someone who has means and he is in trouble.

You can do a google search of his name and pictures ect come up from just twitter.

I mean Garda info probably isn't going to do much, especially with the volume he is tagging them.

ah right, I had optimistically hoped for some response along the lines of

"will you ever stop tweeting us you annoying c*nt, we've better things to be doing, kind regards Na Gardaí"

The majority of his tweets are including gardainfo. Isn't a hope someone like this has a day job with this amount of time to be active and angry about very little.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

ah right, I had optimistically hoped for some response along the lines of

"will you ever stop tweeting us you annoying c*nt, we've better things to be doing, kind regards Na Gardaí"

The majority of his tweets are including gardainfo. Isn't a hope someone like this has a day job with this amount of time to be active and angry about very little.

properly sells a few bags of coke in galway sure , between that and his student grant he ll be fine :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

jimgoose wrote: »
    Black women can't hold their liquor, everyone knows that.

Mod

Don't make racist generalisations - Everyone should know that.

Advertisement