Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The case of the racist blackcurrant drink

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,508 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Stateofyou wrote: »
    Jesus, this is actually laughable. Complaints does not equal a "zero instance of anything racial happening." They happen, reported or not. And are you the intimate knower of all workplace complaints then? And your personal workplace experience and stats has absolutely nothing to do with this lady's experience in that hotel.

God love her. She’s so unlucky. Everyone out to get her. Laughable indeed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

Yes but not everyone’s job depends on being offended either. No offence, no job as someone already stated. I suppose if you have to find fault then you’ll find it.😀

So are you HR then? Wondering how you know or don't know about your workplace complaints.

Yes but not everyone’s job depends on being offended either. No offence, no job as someone already stated. I suppose if you have to find fault then you’ll find it.😀

Her job does not depend on being offended. That is a ridiculous statement.

And many people wouldn't feel comfortable reporting. Because people like you would call them super sensitive. Because not everyone is comfortable making reports. Because people are afraid of retaliation. Because people are afraid of being vilified. Just look at this thread.

You’re replying to yourself now.
    I’ll leave you with it.

You’re replying to yourself now.
    I’ll leave you with it.

I added to my point. You should leave it, you're coming across a certain way. I'll still wait for an answer from you though to how you know about all your confidential workplace complaints should you feel like giving one.

• Advertisement

I added to my point. You should leave it, you're coming across a certain way. I'll still wait for an answer from you though to how you know about all your confidential workplace complaints should you feel like giving one.

I’m in a position to know. There were no complaints. Very happy workers, very chatty and friendly environment and a much sought after workplace.
    Have a nice day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    That first email I would consider enough to at least get the cops to record it.
    It is disgusting hateful targetted abuse.
    The tweets as far as I can see are nothing.
    Nor the other email.

I think she deliberately made the screenshot of tweets small and hard to read. There's some tweets in the middle of the picture that are even cut off. She's hoping people will be shocked by the email and then assume the wall of quoted tweets are similarly abusive.

I’m in a position to know. There were no complaints. Very happy workers, very chatty and friendly environment and a much sought after workplace.
    Have a nice day.

That's what I thought. And I've already covered the fact that a lack of reported complaints does not mean something hasn't happened. Most people know that, especially anyone at manager level "in a position to know."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

You can't be taken seriously.

Neither can you.
    my white and privileged life.

Go away with that scutter. Ebun Joseph is the other butt cheek of Gemma O'Doherty.

That's what I thought. And I've already covered the fact that a lack of reported complaints does not mean something hasn't happened. Most people know that, especially anyone at manager level "in a position to know."

Most people actually do not.
    Now you’re doing what that lady seems to have done I.e imagined something.

• Advertisement

Neither can you.

Go away with that scutter. Ebun Joseph is the other butt cheek of Gemma O'Doherty.

Oh? And why can't I be taken seriously?

Ooooh, she's the other butt cheek is she? So mature and witty!

Most people actually do not.
    Now you’re doing what that lady seems to have done I.e imagined something.

Well now you know. You're welcome.

Well now you know. You're welcome.

Thanks 😇

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Go'wan now scat.

Go'wan now scat.

What's the matter, not mean and bullying and racist enough for you here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

People are offended by a lot of stuff, no different than anyone else. Maybe the things she's been offended by are legit. And just because she's allegedly complained about other things, doesn't mean that what happened at the hotel was innocent. It is an isolated incident, it has nothing to do with anything else she has experienced. With the amount of racism and f'd up things I've encountered in my white and privileged life, I'm sure she could double that.
    White privileged life gtfo..... with your American slang, I'm born and raised in a small "white irish town" I'm gay I'm married to half cast live goes on, stop trying to put every one in pigeons holes, this women seems and wants to play the boss/ victim when it suits her... she's spouted the s*ite let her own it .... now she's playing the victim, my husbands mother( black lady in her 70s) can't understand why peolpe of colour in ireland can't just enjoy everything that's been offered/ given to them and get along, it's not Nigeria yes embrace your roots but Jaysus if your born in ireland embrace your irishness aswell, it's not them and us it's us paddies together ffs today I heard the words fam feds n****a been used in cork city ffs, will ye ever f*ck off and grow up ... all we want is to live a peaceful life, life is sh*te enough with white privilege been used

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 784 ✭✭✭LaFuton

i want in

White privileged life gtfo..... with your American slang, I'm born and raised in a small "white irish town" I'm gay I'm married to half cast live goes on, stop trying to put every one in pigeons holes, this women seems and wants to play the boss/ victim when it suits her... she's spotted the s*ite let her own it .... now she's playing the victim, my husbands mother( black lady in her 70s) can't understand why peolpe of colour in ireland can't just enjoy everything that's been offered/ given to them and get along, it's not Nigeria yes embrace your roots but Jaysus if your born in ireland embrace your irishness aswell, it's not them and us it's us paddies together ffs today I heard the words fam feds n****a been used in cork city ffs, will ye ever f*ck off and grow up ... all we want is to live a peaceful life, life is sh*te enough with white privilege been used

Ah here we go... "I'm gay so I know everything about the life of a POC and everything about this lady's experience, better tell her she's not in Nigeria too for good measure bet she didn't know that!" And slag off America or American's too! There! My post covers it all now, sorted!

THEM BLACK BERRIES!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Ah here we go... "I'm gay so I know everything about the life of a POC and everything about this lady's experience, better tell her she's not in Nigeria too for good measure bet she didn't know that!" And slag off America or American's too! There! My post covers it all now, sorted!

Theres another thing that that needs to stop......People of Colour. Last time I checked I'm not transparent.

POC, MOBO, FUBU. "Black Studies". Imagine MOWO or FUBU made by white people. Imagine a University College course founded by a white person called White Studies.

Make divisions, build barriers, then blame everyone else. It's a continuously used formula.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MMXX

Hoboo wrote: »
    Theres another thing that that needs to stop......People of Colour. Last time I checked I'm not transparent.

POC, MOBO, FUBU.

Make divisions, build barriers, then blame everyone else.

Divide and conquer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Hoboo wrote: »

Well I tried the colourblind thing but then the contrast became all the more apparent. There was black and there was white.

an fear gorm?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Nice!! What I the point is no one gives a shi*e lad, we're all grown ups here, stop trying to find offence in everything, life goes on, she tried to find offence in a glass of Ribena... and the follow on tweets and now playing the victim.... she said it own it .... that's gas you make light of me been gay back in the early90s I was treated like like sh*t ...but that's my white privilege for you

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Ebun Joseph is the other butt cheek of Gemma O'Doherty.

Spot on. I fcuking hate racists but by Jesus I hate ''woke'' apologists being offended and having faux guilt just as much. Similar in the way that ultra leftwing and hardline rightwing are opposite ends of an ugly spectrum.

Two sides of the same coin is another idiom that's used in a similar fashion. Your focus on the words used kind of disregard a very sound point.

White privileged life gtfo..... with your American slang

Never!!!!!!

ccopq8pukaac4zd.jpg

tuxy wrote: »
    She now works at UCD because only a facility with such a stupid PHD would hire someone who had taken their PHD course.

It would seem she speeds all her time finding racial inequality where there is none.

RACE!!
    zzzDrEbunJosephUCDSep2018_large.jpg?width=648&s=ie-870383

Im not being racist or anything, but I was today years old when I realised Ebun is an actual female!

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Mules

I think the blackcurrant thing is mad but I could see Dr Joseph getting in to politics. She'd have a sufficiently brass neck to get things done. Maybe a future Fianna Fail candidate:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MMXX

Ebun Joseph is the other butt cheek of Gemma O'Doherty.
    Omackeral wrote: »
    Spot on. I fcuking hate racists but by Jesus I hate ''woke'' apologists being offended and having faux guilt just as much. Similar in the way that ultra leftwing and hardline rightwing are opposite ends of an ugly spectrum.

So... using this analogy, which I agree with by the way – we all need to come together, in the assh*le. It's the assh*le where we can all find common ground, together.

Advertisement