Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The case of the racist blackcurrant drink

Options
  • 01-01-2020 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭

https://twitter.com/EbunJoseph1/status/1211667276585406464

Racism alive and well in galway bay hotel where 50% of the staff are from other parts of the world, can someone explain how can a glass of ribena be misconstrued as racism, god help us in this little country entertaining race baiters like this. But looking at this ladies twitter feed she seems to find racism in everything irish. Happy new year to all boardies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Why are you giving her the time of day?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

People who jump to "racism" without legitimacy can go fcuk themselves, whatever their Race.

Another reason why Humans need to be nuked from the Earth and just start again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

If you don't...you're racist.

Racism alive and well in galway bay hotel where 50% of the staff are from other parts of the world, can someone explain how can a glass of ribena be misconstrued as racism, god help us in this little country entertaining race baiters like this. But looking at this ladies twitter feed she seems to find racism in everything irish. Happy new year to all boardies.

Was just reading through this thread on twitter.
    What a stupid racist woman. DR me h#le
    She got fairly roasted on twitter though and apologised soon after.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

See her fairly regularly as a contributor on RTE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

Stupid **** should be ignored

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I would expect a cordial apology from the hotel...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Beau Bennett

Thought you can't call blackcurrants blackcurrants anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    That makes sense.
    RTE loves those type of people i.e. the people who cry racism everywhere, and they feature them prominently to remind us all how racist we all are.

Maybe that's why only 40% of Africans in this country are working .... because of racist Irish employers.

Have to say, I liked this twitter response:
    My heart goes out to this poor woman who has traveled half the earth to look for racism and her Rosa Parks moment is getting the wrong drink in a bar. Thoughts and prayers etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

But there not Blackcurrants , there Purple

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,261 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

3) The manager who apologised said “someone must have been playing a joke.” The question I ask is why did they pick on my family, the only person of Black African descent in the room? What’s my crime? Being Black? don’t we deserve ‘care’? Sojourner Truth asked “ain’t I a woman.”

The Manager was a bit of a Báta too

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Mad_maxx wrote: »

I'm not a bit surprised, RTE love people like her who constantly spout the whole PC anti racism/discrimination agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

But there not Blackcurrants , there Purple

They are currants of colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I find blacks to be some of the most horrible and racist. In no way all but I've had quite a few dealings over the years in work.

I have friends that are not Irish or white so before anyone throws the card at me I've heard it all before....

What an absolute tool that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Was just reading through this thread on twitter.
    What a stupid racist woman. DR me h#le
    She got fairly roasted on twitter though and apologised soon after.
    I love this comment
    My heart goes out to this poor woman who has traveled half the earth to look for racism and her Rosa Parks moment is getting the wrong drink in a bar. Thoughts and prayers etc.

I find blacks to be some of the most horrible and racist. In no way all but I've had quite a few dealings over the years in work.

I have friends that are not Irish or white so before anyone throws the card at me I've heard it all before....

Didn't you get the memo? Black people can't be racist!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

If you don't...you're racist.

I don't know what's worse - people seeing racism everywhere they look or this kind of nonsense.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

True T, but the problem is as Mad_maxx notes this muppet is given regular airtime on RTE as a "race relations expert". Never mind that she has a vested interest in egging on the whole "racism" narrative. NB her bio: Author, Social Justice Activist, motivational speaker, Intercultural Consultant, researching race relations, racial stratification & the labour market. It's her job. If the world was entirely free of racism she'd be outa work. You see them in near every modern western multicultural society loudhailing "offence".

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭jackboy

Apparently from her twitter profile she is an ‘intercultural consultant’. She has quite a bit to learn yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I don't get the whole racist yada yada rubbish as I see us all as human beings.

Irish people didn't use them as slaves or oppress them in any way but we are under constant attack because of our skin colour.

It's actually very worrying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I know you're probably not racist but did you just use the "I can't be racist, I have black friends" line in a non ironic way?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭normanoffside

whiskeyman wrote: »
    I would expect a cordial apology from the hotel...

This whole thread should be moved to Currant Affairs tbh.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

jackboy wrote: »
    Apparently from her twitter profile she is an ‘intercultural consultant’. She has quite a bit to learn yet.
    Oh I'd say she's learned enough. This type are Schrodinger's multiculturalist; they believe multiculturalism is the greatest thing ever and works, while at the same time constantly point out how it's broken and needs fixing.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

Anyone know where this idiot got her doctorate? Groupon or one them? Wouldn’t mind picking one up, especially if there’s a January sale price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Anyone know where this idiot got her doctorate? Groupon or one them? Wouldn’t mind picking one up, especially if there’s a January sale price.

I know this will be a shock to you

UCD School of Social Justice, Equality Studies (2012 -2015) :D

https://ie.linkedin.com/in/ebunjoseph

• Registered Users Posts: 3,716 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

We have three followers in common. All are SJWs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭73bc61lyohr0mu

Or Blackcurrant Affairs.....

tuxy wrote: »
    I know this will be a shock to you

UCD School of Social Justice, Equality Studies (2012 -2015) :D

https://ie.linkedin.com/in/ebunjoseph
    All of these cash grab humanities degrees by universities in the last decade are giving validation to people who should be confined to ranting on twitter and facebook. They are causing more problems and social unrest than they are solving.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I was in the KFC drive through in clondalkin a few months ago. The guy serving was black. My order was messed up and after reading the above story Im getting flashbacks and having a panic attack because I feel i have been the victim of racism. Someone needs to come hold me (preferably a ladyperson and as I have discovered from vast research, the better looking and the more naked she is the quicker my symptoms celar up).

BTW op, I hadnt heard of that woman before. Now I feel you owe me some form of monetary compensation for knowing about her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

The two of you are as bad as each other, trying to squash the truth. We shall overcome, blackcurrant power :)

Advertisement