Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham 2020

Options
  • 30-12-2019 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭

Not sure if there is a thread already but thought I would set one up seeing as the festivel is only three months away!! As we all know the ante post market always comes with risks but I still like to have a couple of punts out of interest.Only one for me so far is Fly Smart 33s ew in the Supreme Novices hurdle.Trained by Mr Mullins in the Mr Blobby colours the form of his last run in France has worked out well.Nothing really caught my eye over Xmas that represents much value so still only clutching the one voucher so far.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

I sometimes throw the PP Rewards on silly accas that never come in.
    10th Mar CHELTENHAM Cheltenham 2020 - Champion Hurdle
    Saldier 5.50
    11th Mar CHELTENHAM Cheltenham 2020 - Cross Country Chase
    Tiger Roll 3.00
    11th Mar CHELTENHAM Cheltenham 2020 - RSA Chase
    Champ 4.50
    12th Mar CHELTENHAM Cheltenham 2020 - Stayers Hurdle
    Paisley Park 2.75
    13th Mar CHELTENHAM Cheltenham 2020 - Albert Bartlett Novices Hurdle
    Thyme Hill 13.00

Stake: €10.00
    Potential Returns: €26,544.38
    10th Mar CHELTENHAM Cheltenham 2020 - Mares Hurdle
    Honeysuckle 2.88
    10th Mar CHELTENHAM Cheltenham 2020 - Arkle Chase
    Notebook 5.00
    11th Mar CHELTENHAM Cheltenham 2020 - RSA Chase
    Champ 4.00
    11th Mar CHELTENHAM Cheltenham 2020 - Cross Country Chase
    Tiger Roll 2.75
    12th Mar CHELTENHAM Cheltenham 2020 - Stayers Hurdle
    Paisley Park 2.50
    13th Mar CHELTENHAM Cheltenham 2020 - Albert Bartlett Novices Hurdle
    Thyme Hill 7.00

Stake: €10.00
    Potential Returns: €27,671.88

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Morleystreet

Thrown a few quid on Crypto for champion bumper (25/1).
    It's running at 3:40 today also so it could well be gone out to 50 after that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Thrown a few quid on Crypto for champion bumper (25/1).
    It's running at 3:40 today also so it could well be gone out to 50 after that!!

Not out to 50/1 yet but say it might be by the end of today....

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Had small plays on faugheen for National hunt chase before he went against Samcro and also Eliotts nag that won the bumper on stephens day at Leop. Both 33s.

Haven’t had a good look yet but will definitely have a play in a weak supreme and champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Oi!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭ON ZEE BRIDLE

3/1 for the mare in the Champion Hurdle is madness seeing as she finished ninth in the mares hurdle last year. Looks a very weak renewal and cant see anything coming out to suprise us in the next two months.Hendo must be doing his nut that BD got injured

Any reason Cedarwood Road won't be going for the Supreme? I saw trainer saying he will probably only have one more run this season and it will more than likely be at the Dublin racing festival. If he went he would be a fair price I imagine, won well the other day.

3/1 for the mare in the Champion Hurdle is madness seeing as she finished ninth in the mares hurdle last year. Looks a very weak renewal and cant see anything coming out to suprise us in the next two months.Hendo must be doing his nut that BD got injured

I can't get away from Klassical Dream for the Champion hurdle with the way the market is at the moment. No guarantee Saldier will go, Honeysuckle will go the Mares. Epatante was good last week but hard to get away from last years performance. He was 9/2 fav before Christmas, and obviously the market has reacted to his performance yesterday but I think I could excuse him such an effort on a sharp track (and the bad mistake), considering he has gone out as far as 14s!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

wardides wrote: »
    I can't get away from Klassical Dream for the Champion hurdle with the way the market is at the moment. No guarantee Saldier will go, Honeysuckle will go the Mares. Epatante was good last week but hard to get away from last years performance. He was 9/2 fav before Christmas, and obviously the market has reacted to his performance yesterday but I think I could excuse him such an effort on a sharp track (and the bad mistake), considering he has gone out as far as 14s!

I’d wait to see if he injured himself in that crazy jump he did, landed awkwardly.......

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

Any reason Cedarwood Road won't be going for the Supreme? I saw trainer saying he will probably only have one more run this season and it will more than likely be at the Dublin racing festival. If he went he would be a fair price I imagine, won well the other day.

The owner is a director at leopardstown racecourse so the racing festival will take precedent.

• Advertisement

Had small plays on faugheen for National hunt chase before he went against Samcro and also Eliotts nag that won the bumper on stephens day at Leop. Both 33s.

Haven’t had a good look yet but will definitely have a play in a weak supreme and champion.

Gigginstown horses don't run in the champion bumper by design bar maybe one a year so risky business backing one of theirs for the race. The O Learys hate it.

Have heard a few saying faugheen for the NHC
    Is this solely based on Patrick riding him in Limerick?
    What evidence have we that he would get that trip??
    I hate that race and would hate to see faugheen in it

If they intend giving him 2/3 years chasing then the JLT prob the obvious one, but.... If they thinking one season campaign then maybe... Just maybe..... Well, ye know where to i going with thís!

Imagine......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Have heard a few saying faugheen for the NHC
    Is this solely based on Patrick riding him in Limerick?
    What evidence have we that he would get that trip??
    I hate that race and would hate to see faugheen in it

If they intend giving him 2/3 years chasing then the JLT prob the obvious one, but.... If they thinking one season campaign then maybe... Just maybe..... Well, ye know where to i going with thís!

Imagine......

I’d hate to see him in the 4 Miller aswell , gold cup for the Craic !

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

BumperD wrote: »
    I’d wait to see if he injured himself in that crazy jump he did, landed awkwardly.......

https://www.racingpost.com/news/klassical-dream-sore-following-leopardstown-defeat-with-no-plans-set/415873

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Where do people think Envoi Allen & Honeysuckle go? Surely it's the Ballymore over the Supreme for Envoi? Honeysuckle to romp in the Mares or go down the Champion Hurdle route?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Where do people think Envoi Allen & Honeysuckle go? Surely it's the Ballymore over the Supreme for Envoi? Honeysuckle to romp in the Mares or go down the Champion Hurdle route?

Envoi goes Naas Sunday over the Ballymore trip and Gordon has been eager to up in trip so that seems Ballymore is set for him should he win on Sunday.

Honeysuckle more will be decided after the DRF, Benie goes straight to Cheltenham reading comments yesterday but even lack of run is a huge test for Honeysuckle seeing Benie is top class. The CH looks poor and surely there is temptation but owner is an avid supporter of mares programmes isn’t he?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

My 50/1 slip says Honeysuckle goes CH!
    I do genuinely think they'll go that route too.

Envoi for the Supreme imo.

Envoi will definitely go ballymore.

I was thinking Benie could go the champion but just don’t see it working out. Ricci and Willie will just want to win a grade 1, and her best chance will be the mares.

I’ve see people throwing out Annie Power going down the champion has a theory for Benie doing similar, but that was when Ricci has nothing for the champion (bar SM) and had Vroom Vroom for mares. He’ll have a live chance with Saldier & Sharjah for champion this year, with only Benie being the mares option so would say she’s nailed on for it.

I still think Klassical Dream is the play going through it last night, but I’ll be taking 40s ew for Petit Mouchoir. Personally think Henry will aim him for the champion, and he’s not a million miles away from Saldier and Sharjah on recent runs. 3rd in a better race in 2017, with the way the race will cut up think 40s is too big for 3 places.

Current AP bets done
    Champion Hurdle - Epetante/Elixrdanutz/Coeur Sublime (got epetante at 14's so happy with that)
    Gold Cup Percy @ 16/1 and Delta Work at 8/1
    Melon for the Arkle at 14's
    Faugheen for the JLT @ 7/1
    Want to do Abacadabras/Envoi double for the novice hurdles but something is stopping me.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

The Champion Hurdle market so far looks shocking. Top 5 in the betting are all second season hurdlers with none of the highest rated ones looking like they have progressed yet. Given his age and scope i'd say they would be crazy not to look at this race for Envoi Allen. It's a near certainty that he goes chasing next season so why not have a crack at it.

Had a nibble at 16/1 just in case. Roll on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Melon should really go for CH . Not out of the question for him to win it. Willie has loads of options though .

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

Price is nearly gone but I really fancy carefully selected in 4m he goes there and Patrick is riding

aidankkk wrote: »
    Melon should really go for CH . Not out of the question for him to win it. Willie has loads of options though .

Having jumped fences there’s little chance of him going that route imho

• Registered Users Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭Motivator

Having jumped fences there’s little chance of him going that route imho

Henderson and Buckley did it with Brain Power. Sent him chasing and moved him back. I know it’s a bit different because Melon has won a race over fences but I think he’s useless and won’t be within an asses roar of a Grade 1 over the big ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Motivator wrote: »
    Henderson and Buckley did it with Brain Power. Sent him chasing and moved him back. I know it’s a bit different because Melon has won a race over fences but I think he’s useless and won’t be within an asses roar of a Grade 1 over the big ones.

Henderson also did it with Buveir D'air, who also won over fences (then won 2 champion hurdles).

Motivator wrote: »

Yep, and brain power pu in that champion hurdle.

yaboya1 wrote: »
    Henderson also did it with Buveir D'air, who also won over fences (then won 2 champion hurdles).

A better example but still cannot buy into melon even placing in a CH

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

I don't fancy him either, but wouldn't be as confident as you about him not placing given he's already been second in the race twice. It obviously suits him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

If he goes he’d be very short to be placed . Been proven many times , previous champion form Is huge .

Advertisement