Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

The only banker I can see is Paisley Park, I wouldn't even say Altior is a good thing.Very open looking festival.

Not if apples jade takes paisley on

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Dr. Bre wrote: »

She's more miss than hit at Cheltenham. I'd much prefer PP.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Dr. Bre wrote: »

Good luck with that , holy mother of Christ. Get a grip.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,119 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Anywhere -apart from on line-going NRNB at this stage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

There is only 1 place apples jade will run at the festival and that's the mares hurdle.
    If they even go that is. I wouldn't be surprised if they kept her away from Cheltenham.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Apples Jade shouldn't be anywhere near the top of the market for ANYTHING at Cheltenham

Not with stolen money

Apples Jade shouldn't be anywhere near the top of the market for ANYTHING at Cheltenham

Not with stolen money

She has a similar chance to winning a race as footpad. ;)
    Probably better tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭seoirsem

The one I have my eye on is Gardens of Babylon for Joseph O'Brien. Finished up the hill very strongly to finish 3rd in last year's Triumph hurdle before going on to win at Punchestown. Hasn't been given a break and last time out was second at Limerick over Christmas where he ran very well.
    Not quoted anywhere in the Champion hurdle betting but I'm interested to see if he rocks up in the County Hurdle over the same C & D of the Triumph and with his current rating of 140 would probably carry 10-13 based on last year's race, He'd probably be a max bet for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

BoldReason wrote: »
    There is only 1 place apples jade will run at the festival and that's the mares hurdle.
    If they even go that is. I wouldn't be surprised if they kept her away from Cheltenham.

Not a hope. If she goes, which O’Leary has said she won’t, she goes stayers. Can’t see them dropping her back down in trip. 3m is the trip.

Wouldn’t surprise me if O’Leary did run her however, and if they do, she has a good chance I think in a race that lacks any depth at all.

seoirsem wrote: »
    The one I have my eye on is Gardens of Babylon for Joseph O'Brien. Finished up the hill very strongly to finish 3rd in last year's Triumph hurdle before going on to win at Punchestown. Hasn't been given a break and last time out was second at Limerick over Christmas where he ran very well.
    Not quoted anywhere in the Champion hurdle betting but I'm interested to see if he rocks up in the County Hurdle over the same C & D of the Triumph and with his current rating of 140 would probably carry 10-13 based on last year's race, He'd probably be a max bet for me.

I'm waiting for this lad to go up in trip!! Crying out for it.

• Advertisement

wardides wrote: »
    Not a hope. If she goes, which O’Leary has said she won’t, she goes stayers. Can’t see them dropping her back down in trip. 3m is the trip.

Wouldn’t surprise me if O’Leary did run her however, and if they do, she has a good chance I think in a race that lacks any depth at all.

I'll have a side bet with you if you want €100 to €100. if she goes for stayers you win. Mares I win. Anything else or doesn't go then no bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

I'll have a side bet with you if you want €100 to €100. if she goes for stayers you win. Mares I win. Anything else or doesn't go then no bet.

https://www.racingpost.com/news/latest/stayers-hurdle-a-tempting-option-for-apples-jade-says-oleary/415983

You sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

She has a similar chance to winning a race as footpad. ;)
    Probably better tbh.

Footpad is infinitely more likely to win the Ryanair than AJ is to win any race at the festival

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Anywhere -apart from on line-going NRNB at this stage?

I think Betfred are on Gold Cup, Champ Hurdle, Champion Chase

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

abarkie wrote: »
    I think Betfred are on Gold Cup, Champ Hurdle, Champion Chase

Sorry it's the 4 Championship races, so includes the Stayers Hurdle too

Bloke on radio in Paddy's yesterday wittering on about...... "Whatever talk you'll here about Cheltenham and preview
    nights etc". Was saying that "Envoi Allen at 5/4 to win any race at Cheltenham" is a cracking/excellent bet. Could
    hardly believe the crap he was saying - I don't recall him saying anything about NRNB either. He actually sounded
    convinced and only for he works for Paddy's it wouldn't surprise me to have heard him say he was "filling his boots".
    His mate didn't disagree with him either.

Don't know who his target market for this drivel was as your average "shop mug" is hardly inclined to those sort of bets.

Don't know what race the horse is going for and even if it was NRNB I wouldn't have a Penny on.

Wouldn't be surprised if someone had a word with him over his rancid bullishness. Wouldn't surprise me either if he was
    told to spout that crap. Pretty sure he said 5/4....... Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

Bloke on radio in Paddy's yesterday wittering on about...... "Whatever talk you'll here about Cheltenham and preview
    nights etc". Was saying that "Envoi Allen at 5/4 to win any race at Cheltenham" is a cracking/excellent bet. Could
    hardly believe the crap he was saying - I don't recall him saying anything about NRNB either. He actually sounded
    convinced and only for he works for Paddy's it wouldn't surprise me to have heard him say he was "filling his boots".
    His mate didn't disagree with him either.

Don't know who his target market for this drivel was as your average "shop mug" is hardly inclined to those sort of bets.

Don't know what race the horse is going for and even if it was NRNB I wouldn't have a Penny on.

Wouldn't be surprised if someone had a word with him over his rancid bullishness. Wouldn't surprise me either if he was
    told to spout that crap. Pretty sure he said 5/4....... Madness.

Had the misfortune of having to walk into one of their shops the last day to check a price and the two morons talking ****e loudly through the speakers was the one thing I noticed.
    Bookies are horrible rancid places these days, can't see how anyone could spend more than five minutes in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

lemush wrote: »
    Had the misfortune of having to walk into one of their shops the last day to check a price and the two morons talking ****e loudly through the speakers was the one thing I noticed.
    Bookies are horrible rancid places these days, can't see how anyone could spend more than five minutes in them.

Price on Evoii Allen being ruled out of Cheltenham

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭ON ZEE BRIDLE

Just out of interest is there any group whattsapp forum on here? Might be of interest for sharing info those might not want to share online( i get info but cant always post online). Just a thought!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Just out of interest is there any group whattsapp forum on here? Might be of interest for sharing info those might not want to share online( i get info but cant always post online). Just a thought!

I think sonofgoat runs a subscription service :pac:

• Advertisement

I think sonofgoat runs a subscription service :pac:
    Haha I'll politely decline the offer!!

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭carq

Haha I'll politely decline the offer!!

i would sign up to it.
    Make a profit by doing the opposite

There is always one forum clown! We have one on not606 as well

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

I am in two whatsapp groups from this forum, One hasnt been posted in since 19/10/2018 and the other one is fairly quiet with the last posting on 29/12/2019.

The forum is much more active.

Backed Verdana Blue at 33s e/w for the Champion Hurdle. Don't see her quoted for the Mares.

With all this talk today of Henderson and his shenanigans ruling Altior out of Kempton
    wouldn't know where he'd send his two higher in the betting:

Epatante could go for the Mares and
    Pentland Hills might be ruled out through some bs injury or just stay at home with a different target in
    mind.

And then there's Fusil Raffles at a similar price - wouldn't be surprised if he was "one for later".

A better jock than Jerry McGrath up and you never know, assuming, and it's a pretty big assumption I know,
    that she goes there.

Should really wait for NRNB but I rarely do

• Registered Users Posts: 47 WicklowBravee

I know he’s grey and trained by WPM so the comparison is kind of lazy but Asterion Forlonge does remind me of Champagne Fever. Might be one for the Supreme and try to make all. He might be WPM’s best novice hurdler, WP doesn’t have as strong a team of novice hurdlers as he has in the recent past. I know he said post race that he might go up in trip with him but I wouldn’t take that as gospel. He’s 33/1. I’d be against Abacadabras, that thing was a complete monkey as a bumper horse. Can see him traveling like a good thing and then not wanting to go past in the Supreme. AF was impressive in his maiden hurdle.

Handicap markets out. Let's smash those prices lads and get the value early.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Slattsy wrote: »
    Handicap markets out. Let's smash those prices lads and get the value early.

Thomas Darby - Coral Cup - 33/1

Kilbricken Storm - Pertemps Fina (when he qualifies next time out) 33/1

• Advertisement

The Brits won't win any handicap!

Advertisement