Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Slattsy wrote: »
    The Brits won't win any handicap!

We will get a couple, everyone is backing Ilikethewayyourthinkin for the Martin Pipe and he has a UK mark of 140 which is perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

madmoose wrote: »
    We will get a couple, everyone is backing Ilikethewayyourthinkin for the Martin Pipe and he has a UK mark of 140 which is perfect.

Blocked!! :pac:

Yeah seems to be on everyones radar alright.

I've yet to nail my colours to the mast on the MP, still a bit of work to do on it before the DRF.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Ilikethewayyourthinkin and Glenloe for the Kim Muir the obvious handicappers. Prices killed on both once everywhere started pricing up the handicaps.

Go on skybet , horse racing then specials and you will find the cromwell horse mentioned above at 25/1 to win martin pipe but win only, he is 14/1 best on that market alone so its worth a few quid at 25/1

Out of these three which appeals most?

Top Jock at Cheltenham - Rachel Blackmore 8/1

Skybet special - Rachel Blackmore 2 or more winners 7/2

Skybet special - HDB 2 or more winners 5/1

Rachel and HDB currently have Notebook, Honeysuckle, Minella Indo, Aspire Tower plus handicappers etc

Thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

rachel 2 or more winners...no value tho

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Out of these three which appeals most?

Top Jock at Cheltenham - Rachel Blackmore 8/1

Skybet special - Rachel Blackmore 2 or more winners 7/2

Skybet special - HDB 2 or more winners 5/1

Rachel and HDB currently have Notebook, Honeysuckle, Minella Indo, Aspire Tower plus handicappers etc

Thoughts?

Specials are mug bets invented by brokers to entice early money for the bookies bankroll.

There is a huge possibility that any of the above named fancies won't even run. In particular Honeysuckle, she could come into season or get a a setback, that happened last year. The Arkle will be very competitive for Notebook, Minello Indo is hit and miss etc.

Ilikethewayyourthinkin and Glenloe for the Kim Muir the obvious handicappers. Prices killed on both once everywhere started pricing up the handicaps.

Killed? Glenlow will go off 2/1

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Slattsy wrote: »
    Killed? Glenlow will go off 2/1

2/1 in a handicap at Cheltenham.... I'll take two of what your smoking :) he will be shorter though on the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

Backed Verdana Blue at 33s e/w for the Champion Hurdle. Don't see her quoted for the Mares.

With all this talk today of Henderson and his shenanigans ruling Altior out of Kempton
    wouldn't know where he'd send his two higher in the betting:

Epatante could go for the Mares and
    Pentland Hills might be ruled out through some bs injury or just stay at home with a different target in
    mind.

And then there's Fusil Raffles at a similar price - wouldn't be surprised if he was "one for later".

A better jock than Jerry McGrath up and you never know, assuming, and it's a pretty big assumption I know,
    that she goes there.

Should really wait for NRNB but I rarely do

Certainly one of the better antepost 33/1 shots. I think last years novice hurdlers were a mediocre bunch. And considering Buveur, Melon and Espoir D'allen are all missing for one reason or another, it leaves it wide open for a smash and grab job by a seasoned hurdler. I said this last season too that Supasundae is a Champion Hurdle and not a World Hurdle horse but I was ignored. I still stand by it though.

• Advertisement

2/1 in a handicap at Cheltenham.... I'll take two of what your smoking :) he will be shorter though on the day!

Ha ha! I'll say sp of 3/1

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Specials are mug bets invented by brokers to entice early money for the bookies bankroll.

There is a huge possibility that any of the above named fancies won't even run. In particular Honeysuckle, she could come into season or get a a setback, that happened last year. The Arkle will be very competitive for Notebook, Minello Indo is hit and miss etc.

You spot some value in specials plus these aren’t bookies specials they are requested ones by punters as the other year i had one which said Paul Nicholls to have the foxhunter winner at 7/1 and he had about 4/5 in the race when Paca Du Polder won it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

BDM currently 50/1 for the GC
    thats a HUGE ew price surely to God!!!
    Paying to 4th at least, came second was it last year? Still a young horse.....
    50/1
    2.50 Ew for me

You spot some value in specials plus these aren’t bookies specials they are requested ones by punters as the other year i had one which said Paul Nicholls to have the foxhunter winner at 7/1 and he had about 4/5 in the race when Paca Du Polder won it.

Hazel Hill out this weekend I believe
    One of my biggest earners last March
    will back it to the hilt again this year once NRNB comes in

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

50/1
    2.50 Ew for me

Who’s BDM?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭geminiman63

Bristol De Mai

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

50/1
    2.50 Ew for me

Are antepost not automatically 3 places regardless of the number of runners?

Are they???

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭carq

Are they???

Typically yes.
    Everything on oddschecker is 3 places 1/5 for the GC

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

The non handicaps yep.

• Advertisement

Backed Verdana Blue at 33s e/w for the Champion Hurdle. Don't see her quoted for the Mares.

With all this talk today of Henderson and his shenanigans ruling Altior out of Kempton

Pentland Hills might be ruled out through some bs injury or just stay at home with a different target in
    mind.

And then there's Fusil Raffles at a similar price - wouldn't be surprised if he was "one for later".

A better jock than Jerry McGrath up and you never know, assuming, and it's a pretty big assumption I know,
    that she goes there.

Verdana Blue isn't going to Cheltenham.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Nuts102

mind.

that she goes there.

I don't think its far off to say the Mares Hurdle would be tougher to win than the champion hurdle this year

Bdd is a very good horse and Honeysuckle looks special so she could go to the champion hurdle if she wins the Irish champion hurdle

• Registered Users Posts: 8,119 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

When are the shops going NRNB. I would have thought they would have on the main races by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Nuts102 wrote: »
    I don't think its far off to say the Mares Hurdle would be tougher to win than the champion hurdle this year

Bdd is a very good horse and Honeysuckle looks special so she could go to the champion hurdle if she wins the Irish champion hurdle

It is far off.
    The mares hurdle will never be harder to win than the champion. Riduculous to say otherwise.

lemush wrote: »
    Verdana Blue isn't going to Cheltenham.

Wasn't aware of that - shows how much I know :o

On another similar note more belated "news" from what must be a female British version, though on a much smaller scale, of WPM - Jefferson

Never keeps punters informed on her only stable star - I'm especially thinking of Cheltenham last year when she was worried the ground wouldn't be soft enough for him, but with less than a week to go when the ground was as soft as he'd want she decides to pull him.

This the latest on Waiting Patiently

https://www.irishracing.com/news?headline=Injury-could-rule-Waiting-Patiently-out-for-the-season&prid=206051

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

Paddy Power have a list of non runner money back on a lot of individual horses now for Cheltenham. Prices nothing to get too excited about!

Nuts102 wrote: »

That was partly my thinking as well.... Mares might well be seen to be the better race of the two after the fact - by the experts

Wasn't aware of that - shows how much I know :o

On another similar note more belated "news" from what must be a female British version, though on a much smaller scale, of WPM - Jefferson

Never keeps punters informed on her only stable star - I'm especially thinking of Cheltenham last year when she was worried the ground wouldn't be soft enough for him, but with less than a week to go when the ground was as soft as he'd want she decides to pull him.

This the latest on Waiting Patiently

https://www.irishracing.com/news?headline=Injury-could-rule-Waiting-Patiently-out-for-the-season&prid=206051

Ruth Jefferson literally tweeted that news and always tweets if any of her stock get injured. Ryanair last year wasn't soft either, Aintree was soft hence he ran there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

That was partly my thinking as well.... Mares might well be seen to be the better race of the two after the fact - by the experts

Absolute nonsense.
    Apples Jade was beaten 1.5l into third 2 years ago behind BDD, with the 145-150 rated Midnight Tour in 2nd.
    Apples Jade was tailed off beaten c. 30l in last year's Champion Hurdle (what a lot of people consider a bad renewal).

• Advertisement

Certainly one of the better antepost 33/1 shots. I think last years novice hurdlers were a mediocre bunch. And considering Buveur, Melon and Espoir D'allen are all missing for one reason or another, it leaves it wide open for a smash and grab job by a seasoned hurdler. I said this last season too that Supasundae is a Champion Hurdle and not a World Hurdle horse but I was ignored. I still stand by it though.

Aye, doing the opposite of what the majority do can sometimes pay off.... You don't have to be right too often....

He came 7th in the stayers that Supasundae, couldn't have done much worse in the Champion...

Advertisement