Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Nuts102

yaboya1 wrote: »
    It is far off.
    The mares hurdle will never be harder to win than the champion. Riduculous to say otherwise.

The favorite for the Champion Hurdle was 9th in the Mares Novice last season that's how bad the Champion Hurdle is

BDD has much better form and Honeysuckle has just as good form if not better

If BDD and Honesuckle were declared for the Champion Hurdle both would be at the top of the market and I expect Honeysuckle to run in the Champion Hurdle

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Nuts102 wrote: »
    The favorite for the Champion Hurdle was 9th in the Mares Novice last season that's how bad the Champion Hurdle is.

It's possible she's improved. Regardless, the market doesn't always get it right. Apples Jade was favourite for both of the races I mentioned. Judging a race on the pre-race favourite rather than the result/performance of the winner isn't a good tactic.
    BDD has much better form and Honeysuckle has just as good form if not better.

Similar form to Apples Jade? Winning the same races and beating the same horses she beat easily. She came up almost 30l short though.
    BDD and Honesuckle were declared for the Champion Hurdle both would be at the top of the market and I expect Honeysuckle to run in the Champion Hurdle

Maybe they will be. Maybe one of them will win it. If both were declared for the Champion Hurdle, one would have to beat the other and any other mares or geldings that turn up.
    If both declared for the mares, one would have to beat the other and any other mares that turn up. There would be no geldings to beat. So there's less to beat in the mares. How does that make it more difficult?

As a matter of interest, when has the mares winner ever recorded a higher rating than the Champion Hurdle winner? Never, was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

lemush wrote: »
    Ruth Jefferson literally tweeted that news and always tweets if any of her stock get injured. Ryanair last year wasn't soft either, Aintree was soft hence he ran there.

Ruth Jefferson would not train ivy up a wall

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Presenting Percy.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

akelly02 wrote: »
    Ruth Jefferson would not train ivy up a wall

Not sure where I said she would.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

Skybet gone NRNB on all races. More sure to follow shortly........

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

maximo31 wrote: »

What are they like? I'm thinking of setting up another account.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Slattsy wrote: »

They are good. Do have lots of extra places and on big race days generally have money back as cash on the first televised race up to €20 if finishing 2nd or 3rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Best promotion I've ever seen last year, €20 risk free bet on the first race each day of the festival paid back in cash. Was unbelievable, fingers crossed they have it again this year.

Extremely quick to restrict.

• Advertisement

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Best promotion I've ever seen last year, €20 risk free bet on the first race each day of the festival paid back in cash. Was unbelievable, fingers crossed they have it again this year.

That used to be €50. Christ that was an offer.

Had a look there. More or less halved everything in price. Absolute joke. Wait until the day of the race. Most runners will be bigger than skybet are now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

yaboya1 wrote: »
    Had a look there. More or less halved everything in price. Absolute joke. Wait until the day of the race. Most runners will be bigger than skybet are now.

Funny for the handicaps loads were 33/1 and without having any opinion they halved most of them to 16/1, fraudsters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

What do people expect. People crying out for nrnb and looking for ante post prices??

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭MaxBet

I have a list of on my phone from last March , titled Cheltenham 2020 and number 4/15 on the list is no Antepost bets . First time in a good while that I’m sticking to that .
    My own experience of it is definitely not worth it , much better off waiting until the time ...

MaxBet wrote: »
    I have a list of on my phone from last March , titled Cheltenham 2020 and number 4/15 on the list is no Antepost bets . First time in a good while that I’m sticking to that .
    My own experience of it is definitely not worth it , much better off waiting until the time ...

Totally agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Get on Hold the Note for the Novice Handicap Chase on Day 1 at 20/1, think it will be 7/1 on the day but i wonder what the Irish will have for that also this year after A Plus Tard last season.

MaxBet wrote: »

Totally disagree, especially for the handicaps if you can get on early. Now is time to get on before they all go NRNB, plenty of value still out there.

Be interested what the other 14 on the list are though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

madmoose wrote: »
    Get on Hold the Note for the Novice Handicap Chase on Day 1 at 20/1, think it will be 7/1 on the day but i wonder what the Irish will have for that also this year after A Plus Tard last season.

Im patiently waiting to see if anyone holds a current 33/1 price on that novice chase to nrnb.;)

madmoose wrote: »

I would imagine Beakstown will go off favorite for that race. Seems to have been the plan at the moment.
    Hold the Note certainly an interesting one to. That race is always tricky enough to assess.

• Advertisement

aidankkk wrote: »
    Im patiently waiting to see if anyone holds a current 33/1 price on that novice chase to nrnb.;)

Out for the season.

aidankkk wrote: »

Dallas Des Pictons?

BoldReason wrote: »
    Dallas Des Pictons?

Sssshhhh

Hardly rocket science. It's quite possible the British handicapper will give him a mark to high imo.

Granted you'll get your money back ante post if this happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭MaxBet

Totally disagree, especially for the handicaps if you can get on early. Now is time to get on before they all go NRNB, plenty of value still out there.

Be interested what the other 14 on the list are though :D

Yeah , I know what you’re saying and purely from a price perspective it’s appealing but you’re backing something that might not even run , never mind that you don’t know who they are running against or on what ground etc . Given all the variables and possible pitfalls I just found over the years that it wasn’t worth it considering that generally there is still serious value in the handicaps on the day , with much fewer variables ....

Could be that I’m just crap at backing antepost either !!

The other 14 range from not backing anything based on trends , first run after a wind op , French breds etc . Nothing groundbreaking , just trying to limit making the same mistakes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,119 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Paddy Power have a list of non runner money back on a lot of individual horses now for Cheltenham. Prices nothing to get too excited about!

I'm only seeing antepost on PP not NRNB?

I'm only seeing antepost on PP not NRNB?

Go to Future Races and there will be a link to NRNB horses for Cheltenham. As i said its a list of horses and not all horses in all races.

I find them decent but i wouldn't be punting big stakes so no idea on restrictions. The Cheltenham 1st race offer is very good , could after time but i won't. ;)

Looks like Verdana Blue will now take in both Saudi Arabia and the Champion Hurdle.

• Advertisement

BoldReason wrote: »
    Hardly rocket science. It's quite possible the British handicapper will give him a mark to high imo.

Granted you'll get your money back ante post if this happens.

No you won't!

Advertisement