Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham 2020

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

yaboya1 wrote: »
    No you won't!

Are you sure. If you get balloted out for being rated to low you get money back anyway. I assumed it was the same if a horse was pushed up the other way after being enntered. I vaguely remember it happening a horse last year but I have no idea whether people got their money back or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

BoldReason wrote: »
    Are you sure. If you get balloted out for being rated to low you get money back anyway. I assumed it was the same if a horse was pushed up the other way after being enntered. I vaguely remember it happening a horse last year but I have no idea whether people got their money back or not.

Oh yeah, sorry. If he's balloted out because he's rated too high you'll be refunded. I took you up wrong and thought you meant if he didn't run because trainer pulled him out due to being unhappy with his handicap mark. Wasn't thinking about the upper handicap limit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

yaboya1 wrote: »
    Oh yeah, sorry. If he's balloted out because he's rated too high you'll be refunded. I took you up wrong and thought you meant if he didn't run because trainer pulled him out due to being unhappy with his handicap mark. Wasn't thinking about the upper handicap limit.

Of course it would all be avoidable if an Irish trainer didn't have to enter a horse to get a mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

Anyone have anything looking good antepost before NRNB eats up the prices

Few of mine
    Supasundae for Champion, not really a fan of the horse but 33/1 was too big

Penhill world hurdle, 16/1 reckon 5 of the top 6 in the market won’t run has run 2 stinkers this year but there is always hope

Presenting Percy 14/1, it actually hurts me to back him but still have that RSA win etched in my Mind

Glenloe 12/1Kim muir, goes without saying really

Early doors ultima, speculative one but of interest at 16s

Tower bridge in close brothers 16/1, great price think he has a handicap in him

Itchy feet 20/1 JLT, bet trees at Leicester over Christmas but thought his jumping was very good

Carefully selected 4m have several bets from 20s to 12s really fancy him (well as much as you can fancy a horse in this) needs a run over 3m to qualify

Lackmersie 7/1 mares novices looks like taking the same route as Lauriea look very good in tramore

Defi....... really want to have a big bet of defi for Ryanair my hearts tells me he is going there sort of hope UDS beats him in ascot Saturday then he will go Ryanair

Just hope they all get there now reckon 2 won’t run in the right race or get injured!!!!

Anyone any nice fancies!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Good to see someone else doing it right.

I fancied Carefully Selected for the RSA. But Champagne Classic was my strong fancy for the NH Chase. I do believe that they have it between them, but CC is the better of em! Well I have to say that lol

• Advertisement

Early Doors another obvious one, but I've another dart for the Ultima that also been laid out. So I'm extremely split tbh. I may have to wait and see what JP does.

I'll keep watching the markets and see what starts to move over the coming weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

Slattsy wrote: »
    Early Doors another obvious one, but I've another dart for the Ultima that also been laid out. So I'm extremely split tbh. I may have to wait and see what JP does.

I'll keep watching the markets and see what starts to move over the coming weeks.

The other dart is ??? Fitz Henry?? I actually would have a few pound on yorkhill at 33s I liked his last run just not sure if he goes here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Percy is bubbling up nicely for the gold cup. A nice little prep run in the Galmoy will have him spot on

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Percy is bubbling up nicely for the gold cup. A nice little prep run in the Galmoy will have him spot on

Ridiculously campaigned horse. Absolute nonsense running a Gold Cup contender in a hurdle race as a prep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Slattsy wrote: »

What mark will he get over fences as his hurdles mark is 152? He needs another run which he will get, i was thinking he was more one for the NH Chase as he is qualified and i can’t spot a JP for that race at the moment, JP will always try and win the race in honour of McNamara.

• Advertisement

Column of Fire 20/1 nrnb for the Martin Pipe

This lad has ran a few decent races this season and improving with each run (ties in well with Longhouse Poet), travelled well to go and take over the lead last time before falling late on but is out again today at Punchestown.

It’s the same race Gordon won with Dalles Des Pictons last year and he was mentioning the Martin Pipe after that win which he then ended up coming 2nd in at the festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

Johner wrote: »
    Ridiculously campaigned horse. Absolute nonsense running a Gold Cup contender in a hurdle race as a prep.

Why? Nice sharpener for the horse!

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Kauto wrote: »
    Why? Nice sharpener for the horse!

Run your grade 1 chasers in grade 1 chases.

Johner is correct here. Horse was ridiculously campaigned last year. Same seems to be happening for a few years with Mall Dini though at a different level.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

stretchaq wrote: »
    Few of mine
    Supasundae for Champion, not really a fan of the horse but 33/1 was too big

On this slightly unrelated note, 20s about him in the Irish Champion Hurdle is savage each way value.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

It will look great when they make the movie. Seemingly Brendan Gleeson is signed up to play Pat Kelly and Hugh Grant is going to play Philip Reynolds.

it is either Colin Farrell or Tom Vaughan Lawlor to paly Davy Russell. The agents are discussing.

All the horse has to do is win the Gold Cup now, no bother.

They are going to call the film " Pipe Dream ".

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    It will look great when they make the movie. Seemingly Brendan Gleeson is signed up to play Pat Kelly and Hugh Grant is going to play Philip Reynolds.

it is either Colin Farrell or Tom Vaughan Lawlor to paly Davy Russell. The agents are discussing.

All the horse has to do is win the Gold Cup now, no bother.

They are going to call the film " Pipe Dream ".

:D
    That's funny, whether it's true or not.... If not, it's great bs :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Worth our while setting up an AP Bet's thread for the festival?
    Gave a fair few speculations done meself! Be interested to see others
    Or should we keep all Cheltenham stuff together?
    What ye think lads?

on him @16's

Johner wrote: »

???
    He has run 2 chases already this season .................

Much better prep this year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

The unusual nature of Percys prep is maddening tbf.

He did win a Galmoy en route to RSA victory though and if he squeezed in the Red Mills in Feb like he did in 2018 it might bode well.

• Advertisement

madmoose wrote: »
    What mark will he get over fences as his hurdles mark is 152? He needs another run which he will get, i was thinking he was more one for the NH Chase as he is qualified and i can’t spot a JP for that race at the moment, JP will always try and win the race in honour of McNamara.

JP has two/three in each of those handicaps, its hard to know which way they'll go.

Worth our while setting up an AP Bet's thread for the festival?
    Gave a fair few speculations done meself! Be interested to see others
    Or should we keep all Cheltenham stuff together?
    What ye think lads?

2 threads is plenty. Throw in the 10 to follow and it gets as messy as a 27 runner handicap.

I have the rasher counter at 66's for the gold cup , and hughie morrisons for the champiob hurdle.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,539 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Anyone on here in favour of a five day festival?

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Anyone on here in favour of a five day festival?

Only if they fly me over and set me up in nice digs.

I don't know what the problem is , punchestown have 5 days and Galway do 7.

Maybe because Cheltenham is our Olympics and the quality of racing shouldnt be diluted, plus at those meetings you mention there are plenty of ****e races on some cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭famagusta

madmoose wrote:
    Maybe because Cheltenham is our Olympics and the quality of racing shouldnt be diluted, plus at those meetings you mention there are plenty of ****e races on some cards.

Spot on, I love the race at punchestown only open to farmers from kildare or some sh1te like that!! The festival shouldn't be diluted

madmoose wrote: »

I don't really mind. The more racing the better.

I doubt Uttoxeter are behind it, the midlands national is their biggest day of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

The last 2 days in Galway are muck though.5 days would be plenty.

I don't really mind. The more racing the better.

I doubt Uttoxeter are behind it, the midlands national is their biggest day of the year.
    Monday to Friday maybe?

not for me btw

• Advertisement

The last 2 days in Galway are muck though.5 days would be plenty.

They should really go 8 days for Ballybrit.

It makes sense.

Advertisement