Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS people returning thread - no Lisa Smith talk (21/12/19)

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,598 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

No Lisa Smith talk in this thread - she has been charged and we cannot discuss the case. That's why the other thread was closed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭Jeff2

In my opinion if someone gets bail with strict bail than it saves tax.

After all she did swear on the Quran to truth.

So all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Accepting ISIS members back to civilisation will always be a bad idea.
    They left civilisation to live in their caliphate so they have denounced their original countries.
    We need to leave them there.
    They are simply regrouping now, in their safe spaces right under our noses, cheered on by local enablers and do-gooders.

Don't people understand there will be a next wave of European Muslims that will try again?
    They will try again and again until Islam rules the world.

We need to prevent bad seeds from returning and eject bad seeds found here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Do strict ISIS Muslims celebrate Christmas? Or are they just willing to spin a yarn to get out of trouble/custody?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,666 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

biko wrote: »

How do you "eject" an Irish Citizen living here?

• Advertisement

You remove their status as a citizen, then deport them to their original country.
    Denmark is already doing this.

For asylum seekers, just stop the process here and deport them.

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Do strict ISIS Muslims celebrate Christmas? Or are they just willing to spin a yarn to get out of trouble/custody?
    Christmas is haraam for Muslims, because it is an imitation of the kuffaar (you and me and other infidels).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭Winning_Stroke

They went over there, they played a blinder and exceeded expectations, they had their detractors at home, sure, but it's all done and dusted and now they're back. Are returning ISIS members really that different than the Italia 90 Ireland squad?

You remove their status as a citizen, then deport them to their original country.
    Denmark is already doing this.

I'm talking about an Irish citizen who does not have dual nationality.

How do you "eject" them?

How do "eject" any citizen of a proscribed organisation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Boggles wrote: »
    I'm talking about an Irish citizen who does not have dual nationality.

How do you "eject" them?

How do "eject" any citizen of a proscribed organisation?

Some sort of large catapult or trebuchet ?

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

She (If she identifies as a women) will be fine after a few hugs. Any person returning from Syria were probably just working for the white helmets' a baker, a nurse or working in film making.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

And an ex FG candidate getting ripped to shreds in the media and by other politicians for saying we have a problem with migration into the country.

Meanwhile the war hero returns home as if it was all a bad dream.

Something seriously wrong in this country.

Deportation is only available for people with dual citizenship, but then it must always be on the table.

I am not sure why some people are so eager to bring back ISIS terrorists into this country or ejecting terrorists from it?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

It should be Death by firing squad for any person committing terrorist offences in Syria, they should of handed any western people caught in Syria to the Syrian government.

mgn wrote: »
    And an ex FG candidate getting ripped to shreds in the media and by other politicians for saying we have a problem with migration into the country.

He got called out rightly for being a little populous racist bollíx.
    Meanwhile the war hero returns home as if it was all a bad dream.

Something seriously wrong in this country.

Or detained and bailed with strict conditions to face a trial that commands an up to 8 year sentence.

But you have no real interest in reality have you?

He got called out rightly for being a little populous racist boll

Or detained and bailed with strict conditions to face a trial that commands an up to 8 year sentence.

But you have no real interest in reality have you?

Who actually pays you to call everyone racist and defend someone like Smith.

Who actually pays you to call everyone racist and defend someone like Smith.

I called one person racist because he was acting like a racist little bollix. Sue me.

Also pointing out reality is not defending anyway, you do understand that right?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Accepting ISIS members back to civilisation will always be a bad idea.

there isn't any other option.
    they belong to their country of origin wherever it may be, if those countries refuse to take them back, then other countries have a right to refuse taking back citizens for any reason, big or small.
    They left civilisation to live in their caliphate so they have denounced their original countries.

that's ultimately irrelevant.
    the caliphate was never going anywhere thankfully.
    We need to leave them there.

that's not possible, at least not indefinitely.
    the syrians have a right to deport people back to where they came from.
    They are simply regrouping now, in their safe spaces right under our noses, cheered on by local enablers and do-gooders.

mythical enablers and do gooders aren't cheering anyone on.
    if they are managing to regroup in their home countries then that is the fault of the authorities there, however if they were left in syria they would be much, much more dangerous.
    Don't people understand there will be a next wave of European Muslims that will try again?

there in all likely hood will be, however sensible countries will have the laws in place to stop members before they are able to do anything, on the basis of learning from how to handle isis.
    They will try again and again until Islam rules the world.

i'm sure they may, but islam won't be ruling the world.

it's not possible to prevent people from a particular country from ultimately returning to that country.
    the country can try, but those individuals can get back of their own accord, and the deporting country, as in syria, turkey etc, can simply throw them back or just release them depending on whatever they decide is best.
    the reality is countries are going to have to grow up and deal with this, syria won't keep these people.
    the only option on the table is sending people, who may have irish citizenship but aren't irish born, to their countries of origin if they are found to have had anything to do with isis, but then if they were just born in a country but hardly lived there, that other country probably isn't going to play ball.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

He got called out rightly for being a little populous racist bollíx.
    “What we can’t afford is to become a haven for freeloaders: people who come in because they know that this country won’t deport them and will give them accommodation, will give them education, will give them medical services!"

“We simply cannot allow people to pour into the country undetected, undocumented, unchecked, and circumventing the line of people who are waiting patiently, diligently, and lawfully to become immigrants in this country.”

Which quote is the one you have problems with?

It seems they themselves really believe it, and looking at the spread if Islam I think it will happen too.
    Islam is the fastest-growing religion
    It's a death penalty to leave Islam.
    Being a atheist in Middle East can get you killed.

You have nothing but wishful thinking to support your argument.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Limpy wrote: »
    It should be Death by firing squad for any person committing terrorist offences in Syria, they should of handed any western people caught in Syria to the Syrian government.

unless the syrian government stated that they wanted such people, then handing them these people would have simply led to those people being thrown out to where they came from anyway, most likely.
    in all likely hood they actually don't want anymore then they have already got, because they know that there are attempts to use their country as a dumping ground for foreign isis fighters by countries who think they are to supperior to actually deal with them.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Which quote is the one you have problems with?

Why did you leave this one out? :confused:
    But if you watch the news and you listen, and even our Taoiseach three weeks ago said he'd take in an extra 200, eh what do you call, migrants from Africa - these are economic migrants.

"These are people that are coming over here from Africa to sponge off the system here in Ireland

Listen if you think Noel gives a flying fúck about migrants from anywhere I have a bridge here that I can sell you on the cheap.

Actual I take that back he says he cares about "Christian" ones.

So a bit of religious bigotry thrown in for good measure.

The lad is an absolute Cretin, the only thing he gives a shít about is the 100,000s he is creaming in unvouched expenses.

I called one person racist because he was acting like a racist little bollix. Sue me.

Also pointing out reality is not defending anyway, you do understand that right?

Your patrolling every thread every day dishing out you racist cards every day, so someone is behind it.
    Who is the ''he'' your referring to, the ex FG candidate i'm referring to is a woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

People seem to have a very short memory when it comes to ISIS, perhaps this will remind them: https://youtu.be/i1Eqe5s1rmY

I haven’t embedded it so people have a choice to view it or not. Probably NSFW.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

She should not be out on bail. Accepting her back and punishing her here is fine but letting her out? She is a huge risk and might just decide to take out a few of us on her way to hell.

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    People seem to have a very short memory when it comes to ISIS, perhaps this will remind them: https://youtu.be/i1Eqe5s1rmY

I haven’t embedded it so people have a choice to view it or not. Probably NSFW.

For a few on here its not in their job description to view it, it might sway their judgement and have to stop calling people racist.

She should not be out on bail. Accepting her back and punishing her here is fine but letting her out? She is a huge risk and might just decide to take out a few of us on her way to hell.

No hell for her, only paradise.

It seems some people have a way of forgetting the ISIS atrocities.
    The more perplexing is they think it's good to bring home ISIS terrorists so the victim of ISIS and their perpetrators can actually meet.

Yazidi slave girl meets Isis captor in German street

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

It seems some people have a way of forgetting the ISIS atrocities.
    The more perplexing is they think it's good to bring home ISIS terrorists so the victim of ISIS and their perpetrators can actually meet.

Yazidi slave girl meets Isis captor in German street

Imagine surviving all that thinking you were some bit safe and you see this dog strolling up the street doing his shopping. Jesus..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭cfuserkildare

there isn't any other option.
    they belong to their country of origin wherever it may be, if those countries refuse to take them back, then other countries have a right to refuse taking back citizens for any reason, big or small.

that's ultimately irrelevant.
    the caliphate was never going anywhere thankfully.

that's not possible, at least not indefinitely.
    the syrians have a right to deport people back to where they came from.

mythical enablers and do gooders aren't cheering anyone on.
    if they are managing to regroup in their home countries then that is the fault of the authorities there, however if they were left in syria they would be much, much more dangerous.

there in all likely hood will be, however sensible countries will have the laws in place to stop members before they are able to do anything, on the basis of learning from how to handle isis.

it's not possible to prevent people from a particular country from ultimately returning to that country.
    the country can try, but those individuals can get back of their own accord, and the deporting country, as in syria, turkey etc, can simply throw them back or just release them depending on whatever they decide is best.
    the reality is countries are going to have to grow up and deal with this, syria won't keep these people.
    the only option on the table is sending people, who may have irish citizenship but aren't irish born, to their countries of origin if they are found to have had anything to do with isis, but then if they were just born in a country but hardly lived there, that other country probably isn't going to play ball.

The first line of your comment may not be entirely accurate,

To become a member of ISIS isn't a person required to recind the citizenship of their home country?

Ie giving up theyre passports, and Right to a Passport?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement