Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Team Talk Thread IV... Go On My Henderson...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Just read over the Harlequins team properly again and woah, they are pretty much throwing it aren't they? They had a lot of players injured to start with, but they're also resting Ibitoye, Smith, Robshaw, Marler and Care.

Off topic, but given our recent problems at scrumhalf Niall Saunders on the Harleqiuns bench could be an option in the future. Thought he was very good in limited game time for Ireland u20's a couple of years ago. He signed a two year deal with Harlequins recently but was in talks with us as well, so hopefully he might keep us in mind. If UAFC is to be believed then Stewart might be leaving at the end of the season, so our scrumhalf depth is going to be tested to say the least..
    considering Saunders was so close to not playing at all(stopping playing) due to blood disorder he has and Harlequins have stood by him I dont see him going anywhere from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Locke_Lamora

considering Saunders was so close to not playing at all(stopping playing) due to blood disorder he has and Harlequins have stood by him I dont see him going anywhere from there.

Yea that would've been a huge factor. Danny Care and Landajo don't have many years left either, so he's probably well placed to make a break there providing he's at the right standard.

bilston wrote: »
    Some of them may be involved against Leinster next week. Moore would be someone I'd be keen to see get a game and McCann as well, although McCann is still pretty young, especially for a forward.
    Moore is definitely someone I expected to get a run this year, but he's had a lot of injuries over the last two years. Really wanted to see him and Hume form a pairing in a game if the circumstances allow it..huh..forgot Hume was injured as well. Seriously what is up with our backs?

McCann went really well for the A's in the summer but he's still u20 this year, so I think it's unlikely. Would love to see it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,375 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

Yeah, McCann is really coming through as an impressive lad - player and captain. But he is still U20 eligible, so very young.

Is Hall injured again? Otherwise, he must surely be gone.

Yeah, McCann is really coming through as an impressive lad - player and captain. But he is still U20 eligible, so very young.

Don’t think Hall’s injured but he’s not getting much game time for Ballynahinch either, so you’d think he hasn’t pushed on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Kyle Sinckler captaining Harlequins tonight. What could go wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,758 ✭✭✭✭bilston

He must have a decent chance of skippering the Irish 20s this year

• Registered Users Posts: 16,779 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

No match thread? Anyway Ulster have been pure manure this half.

Great try at the very end tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,214 ✭✭✭ongarite

Try saving tackle there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Utah_Saint

Great try there. Conditions are terrible

• Advertisement

Marshall you absolute savage. That is one of the best tries I've seen this season. Ulster playing at unreal pace here at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

That's a lovely score in the conditions. Particularly after the Quins break and trysaver, that's a huge swing.

Did I just hear Sinckler was captain?!?!

Wtf was the coach smoking..?

Is it even still a question about Cooney for Ireland?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭A-Train

Great try by Cooney

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

Cooney for captain of Ireland

I cannot believe we might actually scrape a four-try bonus point. We've been so poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

Pure class

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Man is on fire.

Cooney is playing seriously good rugby. Having said that he's actually getting armchair treatment from this pack at times, Ulster a completely different team this season and look to be building a lot of confidence and momentum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,214 ✭✭✭ongarite

Good chance for BP here with Quin's forward pass near their own 22

Why in Earth did Johnston go for the drop goal.

Clegg wrote: »
    Why in Earth did Johnston go for the drop goal.

It made no sense at all. They are going for the bp

McBurney is having an absolute shocker. That's two lineouts he's thrown that have been called crooked. And another one that was crooked but not pulled up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

The lineout killing Ulster

Good hands to get the try bonus after they looked like they lost their chance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

Cracking finish by Faddes, what a result

THAT IS SENSATIONAL.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Delighted for Faddes. People wrote him off after one game a few weeks back but he’s been excellent today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Fair play to Faddes

Advertisement