Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Team Talk Thread IV... Go On My Henderson...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Locke_Lamora

We are so poor, but I'm having the time of my life here.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

A-Train wrote: »
    It made no sense at all. They are going for the bp

Sometimes teams go for a drop goal during advantage to say to referee we don't want advantage give me the penalty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

How late was that hit on Johnson

• Registered Users Posts: 4,153 ✭✭✭A-Train

Another try to wrap it up. Great night for Ulster

Clegg wrote: »
    Why in Earth did Johnston go for the drop goal.

It didnt look in any sort of direction of the posts

Ulster didnt look to be going anywhere so instead of wasting minutes maybe they decided just to kick it away

• Advertisement

Good win. after game last week I thought they might struggle......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

Listening on BBC NI online radio. Is there anything more appalling/brilliant than Andy Ward's NZ/NI accent?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Listening on BBC NI online radio. Is there anything more appalling/brilliant than Andy Ward's NZ/NI accent?

Graeme McDowells Irish-American Cold Beer accent?

That would come firmly down on the "appalling" side, I feel.

Firmly.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

McDowell surely has to go in the "requires protective earmuffs to listen to" category alongside Nadine Coyle

• Advertisement

McDowell surely has to go in the "requires protective earmuffs to listen to" category alongside Nadine Coyle

Both ear AIDS. Youse can have Derry wans back, if you want.

Did you know they invented music? And having fun? Etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 17,748 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Clegg wrote: »
    McBurney is having an absolute shocker. That's two lineouts he's thrown that have been called crooked. And another one that was crooked but not pulled up.

Singling out Kelleher's competition I see...

Throwing is genuinely a strong part of his game. Not sure what went wrong tonight.

That would come firmly down on the "appalling" side, I feel.

Firmly.

BP win away from home to a Premiership team in s**** conditions is appalling?

Boy, we have come a long long way in the last 18 months!:D

Bilston. Sober up. I'm talking about accents.

Specifically Graham McDowell's.

There are only two worse accents amongst native English speakers. Posh Dublin and Cork. Fact.

Bilston you're as bad as Buer.

Ah your not but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

Ulster look half decent these days. I did doubt them, for a lot more than a second too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

Great result but to keep things in perspective, not the greatest Quins side ever put out.

Just a good performance. I thought that Stockdale involvements in the tries was fantastic to see. He is big, strong and fast, hard to stop when he gets going. Set up some great scores, good for him, Ulster and Ireland.

Bilston. Sober up. I'm talking about accents.

Specifically Graham McDowell's.

There are only two worse accents amongst native English speakers. Posh Dublin and Cork. Fact.

It had been a long day, I wasn't concentrating

Ardillaun wrote: »
    Ulster look half decent these days. I did doubt them, for a lot more than a second too.

Getting the job done...hopefully more to come. I think we have the look a semi final team this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Any chance someone can post it on you tube

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,906 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Dubinusa wrote: »
    Any chance someone can post it on you tube
    Check out UAFC. It will be there sooner or later

• Administrators Posts: 53,369 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

So Leinster away and then two back to back home interpros against Connacht and Munster.

Given we'll see the usual A side selections at this time of year, I am predicting we're going to Dublin to gift Leinster their usual 5 points, which will then be reciprocated when Connacht and Munster send up some weak teams for us to beat.

Hurrah for the pro14.

awec wrote: »
    we're going to Dublin to gift Leinster their usual 5 points

Ah don't be harsh, having Ulster visit gifts a lot more than just 5 points.

There is the bragging rights, highlight reels, ammunition against McCloskey, getting to see our development players again - loads of gifts from our Northern cousin.

Actually can anyone else smell that?

Smells like a build up thread to me...

So Leinster away and then two back to back home interpros against Connacht and Munster.

Given we'll see the usual A side selections at this time of year, I am predicting we're going to Dublin to gift Leinster their usual 5 points, which will then be reciprocated when Connacht and Munster send up some weak teams for us to beat.

Hurrah for the pro14.
    I'd rather send an A side to Leinster anyway, considering how well their A side played against Glasgow. Rest our main players and target Connacht and Munster. Connacht will probably send a decent side out against us, given we're probably the easiest to get points from, and I have a feeling that Munster will send a mixed team as well.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Hurrah for the pro14.

We'll send up whatever patched-up team we can put together, basically anyone not in hospital or in plaster, minus all our internationals of course. So it should be a comfortable away win... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Hurrah for the pro14.

Getting your excuses in early. Will you be on the terrace Friday?

I'd rather send an A side to Leinster anyway, considering how well their A side played against Glasgow. Rest our main players and target Connacht and Munster. Connacht will probably send a decent side out against us, given we're probably the easiest to get points from, and I have a feeling that Munster will send a mixed team as well.

Leinster are in our conference, but I reckon we just adopt the view that we're never going to catch them anyway, so losing to them is of little consequence.

Still, I'm pretty sick of us being so half arsed against Leinster.

I'm getting fed up with the pro14 full stop tbh.

stephen_n wrote: »
    Getting your excuses in early. Will you be on the terrace Friday?

Still making my mind up on whether to go or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

bilston wrote: »
    Getting the job done...hopefully more to come. I think we have the look a semi final team this year.

If you get a good run with injuries. Marcel in particular, hope that he stays injury free and then Cooney or Burns. If you keep the best team out there then it should all be good, I would still say that the back up is not the best.

• Advertisement

Leinster are in our conference, but I reckon we just adopt the view that we're never going to catch them anyway, so losing to them is of little consequence.

Still, I'm pretty sick of us being so half arsed against Leinster.

I'm getting fed up with the pro14 full stop tbh.

I'm in the south of England most of the year, so the British and Irish League gets my vote anyway. Bristol/Bath/London are great trips then I can catch the a home game or two at Christmas.

Advertisement