Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Team Talk Thread IV... Go On My Henderson...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Sinbad_NI

Got to rest the front liners for the Leinster game.
    Been a while since many of them got a break and we simply don't have the resources to target this game.

Clermont game is the target to get something from. Home QF would be very very very unlikely, but would be a huge step forward.

Love to see the younger guys getting a run out wherever.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭mogwai81

Sinbad_NI wrote: »
    Got to rest the front liners for the Leinster game.
    Been a while since many of them got a break and we simply don't have the resources to target this game.

Clermont game is the target to get something from. Home QF would be very very very unlikely, but would be a huge step forward.

Love to see the younger guys getting a run out wherever.[/QUOTE

Hopefully McCloskey gets a week off, he must of played 6 games in a row at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Ulster should be able to put out a stronger side than Leinster. It's a good chance to grab a victory!
    I expect they will rest McCloskey and Moore. But they still have Coetzee, Rea, Reidy etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kingofthekong

Dubinusa wrote: »
    Ulster should be able to put out a stronger side than Leinster. It's a good chance to grab a victory!
    I expect they will rest McCloskey and Moore. But they still have Coetzee, Rea, Reidy etc

Theres no guarentee a stronger team would beat leinster B, why risk Coetzee ? if Ulster lose Coetzee they lose there ability to compete in the knockouts of europe, its not worth the risk

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

Agree with my friend who has been newly introduced to English. Rest everyone. Get the kids out. Take a shellacking. Get points at home against Connacht and Munster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,748 ✭✭✭✭bilston

I hope and expect we will rest a lot of players.

I also hope we see some young guys given a shot. The A team have done very well this year so hopefully some of those guys will be rewarded.

Stick maybe 3 or 4 experienced heads in, maybe the likes of Gilroy, Faddes and Alan O'Connor, maybe Luis Ludik as well just to facilitate the kids as much as anything, but other than any points we get from Christmas/New Year are hopefully against Connacht and Munster

I'd also like to see Bill Johnston start one.of the two home games as well when he has the 1st team around him.

• Administrators Posts: 53,372 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Team is as weak as possible pretty much. We’re throwing this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

That Ulster lineup. Keep it under 50.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Cowards

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭stl.ire

Cowards

"Masterly retreat is in itself a victory” Peale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kingofthekong

Nearly an All Leinster back 5 for Ulster

Possible debuts for Azur Allison, Jack Regan, Stewart Moore and Ethan McIlroy. McIlroy was playing in the schools cup in March. The youthification is relentless. And brilliant.

We'll get minced, but that's fine. Sorry, Leinster lads, we've bigger fish to fry.

In fairness we've sent weaker teams than that to Dublin.

I'm a bit disappointed in the back row selection, but good to see Allison on the bench...likewise Moore (very exciting prospect) and McIlroy.

10-15 isn't bad at all, the O'Connor brothers won't take a step back, and McBurney and O'Toole are fine, albeit inexperienced, front row options.

Leinster by 25.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Possible debuts for Azur Allison, Jack Regan, Stewart Moore and Ethan McIlroy. McIlroy was playing in the schools cup in March. The youthification is relentless. And brilliant.

We'll get minced, but that's fine. Sorry, Leinster lads, we've bigger fish to fry.

You're handing top spot in the conference to Leinster. This means an away trip in the playoffs.

I can understand resting the RWC players. The other starters?

Am I the idiot for assuming teams actually care about the Pro14?

Cowards

Pragmatists

Not really convinced that getting hammered by leinster does anything for a players development.

You're handing top spot in the conference to Leinster. This means an away trip in the playoffs.

I can understand resting the RWC players. The other starters?

Am I the idiot for assuming teams actually care about the Pro14?

We also have yourselves and Connacht at home before we return to the HEC. We have a better chance of taking points there with stronger teams.

awec wrote: »
    Not really convinced that getting hammered by leinster does anything for a players development.

Rite of passage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Locke_Lamora

Don't know what everyone's talking about. We're gonna win. Heard it here first, place your bets.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

P

That's the first time I've heard Connacht referred to as bigger fry than Leinster! ;)

• Advertisement

I like the idea of youth talent getting decent exposure in prime fixtures and I'd say the players themselves are bulling to play in an interpro.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

I like the idea of youth talent getting decent exposure in prime fixtures and I'd say the players themselves are bulling to play in an interpro.

Me also! It's a showcase opportunity for them!

Sure, but throwing them all in at the same time to go get pumped is not productive IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Seems like the perfect preparation for a career with Ulster no?

Sure, but throwing them all in at the same time to go get pumped is not productive IMO.

Maybe but it gives them ownership of the fixture on a pretty big stage.

Maybe but it gives them ownership of the fixture on a pretty big stage.

You been on some corporate motivational training course recently Venjur?

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Hands Like Flippers

I would think the individual players will be keen to get the shirt on. Really keen to see AA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

I would never write any team off.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Lucas44

Interesting to see Ethan mcilroy play tomorrow we all know who is brother is, wonder will all the feminists be out to protest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Lucas44

Interesting to see Ethan mcilroy play tomorrow we all know who is brother is, wonder will all the feminists be out to protest

Advertisement