Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lisa Smith home.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    “So Lisa, Graham Dwyer is single, would you like to go on First Dates with him?”

... and why not, it would be like Rey and Han Solo hooking up. They both love hot sandy places and strange practices. Perfectly natural (for people with those inclinations )

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    “So Lisa, Graham Dwyer is single, would you like to go on First Dates with him?”

a murderous domineering misogynist? just her type!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Fellow passengers from the flight getting their 5 mins of fame now with the media...
    How long before the first compo claim for shock/ distress caused, I wonder....

https://www.irishpost.com/news/irish-passenger-shocked-give-plane-seat-isis-bride-lisa-smith-flight-dublin-174565

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

So will she be entitled to bring her husbands x4 to Ireland and his crowd etc with the family renunion protocol from the gov. Also if he’d child was born abroad she is not Irish but born to Irish parents . At least the FBI photographed her DNA and fingerprinted her. Probably more than Flanagan did with the lads that bailed last week ffs

2 of her husbands are already here, the father of the child was killed, keep up

2 of her husbands are already here, the father of the child was killed, keep up

Isnt that bigamy?

• Advertisement

Fellow passengers from the flight getting their 5 mins of fame now with the media...

https://www.irishpost.com/news/irish-passenger-shocked-give-plane-seat-isis-bride-lisa-smith-flight-dublin-174565

Ah you know this lot, Maria Bailey and Kathryn Thomas mammy probably took this flight at some stage, so I think they have a genuine case for compo

Isnt that bigamy?

Its on record, she married 4 times and got quickly divorced

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Odhinn wrote: »
    It's something that applies to Shia muslims, and even then it's disputed. It has nothing to do with the "promotion of islam". Smith is a sunni and an extreme one at that. Her sect doesn't recognise taqya afaik at all.

In Sunni Islam it is called Iditrar and is limited to use against non-muslims. Shias use Taqiyya and are allowed use it against other Muslim sects (read Sunni).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

And how many of them were legal?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Ah you know this lot, Maria Bailey and Kathryn Thomas mammy probably took this flight at some stage, so I think they have a genuine case for compo

Is this some sort of compo crossover thread where people just rant about whatever?

How can I shoehorn travelers in here somehow?

• Advertisement

Yurt! wrote: »
    Is this some sort of compo crossover thread where people just rant about whatever?

How can I shoehorn travelers in here somehow?

Take a chill pill, it was sarcasm

So like one night stands or a 7th degree marriage in old Brehon laws? Jaysus, she would ride the cross off an ass that one! Fair play Lisa!

Have her views become more radical recently? There were reports of her wearing a burka on the flight where she had previously only been seen wearing a niqab. I thought the burka was more of an Afghani thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,405 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

She certainly got around.

The same wan would eat an apple through a letterbox. Some gnashers

Just on a serious note. What’s the story with her weird clipped speech pattern. Is it an effect of being in the army?

Combine that with the Dundalk accent and it’s as odd as befcuked

• Registered Users Posts: 14,554 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Yes everything is fair game on a quiet LS day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Threads in this forum are morphing into one. The longer a thread goes on, the more likely it becomes about compo / Margret Cash / Travellers.

OP: "How about that devastating earthquake in Central America?"

By Post 25: "How long until Mariagret CashBailey puts in an earthquake compo claim for a free house from MY TAXES?!!"

What really confuses me is the people who announce they are right wing and then advocate practices of the communist left. It's very weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,351 ✭✭✭jmreire

tuxy wrote: »
    And how many of them were legal?

All of them under Sharia Law, in Islamiic Country's. Not so sure if they would be recognised here in Ireland though...In Germany now I think that Multi Muslim Marriages are recognised.. seem to remember reading an article about it some time ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

I'll bet the child doesn't have a single word of English.

jmreire wrote: »
    All of them under Sharia Law, in Islamiic Country's. Not so sure if they would be recognised here in Ireland though...In Germany now I think that Multi Muslim Marriages are recognised.. seem to remember reading an article about it some time ago.

She might not be old enough to ride a bike down the road but you can marry her.

• Advertisement

Complete and utter Bulls**t...One woman holding a Baby, surrounded by 1 Turkish Security official, 2 x Ranger's and 3 x Government officials.. and she is seen as a threat??? But since when has the actual truth of a situation prevented a Compo Claim I suppose. ???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Is this her bringing a few young girls off to marry there 40 year old husbands

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Complete and utter Bulls**t...One woman holding a Baby, surrounded by 1 Turkish Security official, 2 x Ranger's and 3 x Government officials.. and she is seen as a threat??? But since when has the actual truth of a situation prevented a Compo Claim I suppose. ???

But she had "piercing blue eyes"!!!

But she had "piercing blue eyes"!!!

Do her eyes really light up through the veil of the burka that covers them?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,157 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

pablo128 wrote: »
    I'll bet the child doesn't have a single word of English.

Well it's mother is from Dundalk.
    Sorry couldn't resist. :o
    Have her views become more radical recently? There were reports of her wearing a burka on the flight where she had previously only been seen wearing a niqab. I thought the burka was more of an Afghani thing.

Burka would also be Saudi, Pakistan, or parts of UK.
    I'd be inclined to let the Law take it's course first, and then decide how I'd react.

But has she broken any law because ISIS are not a proscribed organisation in Ireland.
    fritzelly wrote: »
    And interviewing this woman will not get advertisers queuing at the door to sponsor the show more likely the very opposite

Ahh I don't know there has to be something that could be linked to an ISIS member talking about death and destruction.

jmayo wrote: »

Burka would also be Saudi, Pakistan, or parts of UK.

Are you sure you're not thinking of the niqab?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Yes and she also has four ears. Two of them are for listening and the other two are kind of back-up ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭wassie

Got to love the Independant today: https://www.independent.ie/opinion/comment/declan-power-the-world-is-watching-we-must-handle-lisa-smiths-return-the-right-way-and-act-as-a-guide-to-others-38744111.html
    Declan Power: 'The world is watching-we must handle Lisa Smith's return the right way and act as a guide to others'
    ...err sorry Decs...I don't think the world actually gives a toss....nice try tho'

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Most natives here see the term Burqa as referring to ALL Muslim female headress and facial concealment.
    They neither know nor care about the niceties of Ms Smith's garb.

To get a better idea of what these women choose to adorn themselves with,the news clips from the Camps tell the tale far more elequently than any posts here.

https://www.channel4.com/news/speaking-to-the-syrian-and-iraqi-women-still-loyal-to-islamic-state-who-married-fighters

Sky News's report from the Al Hol camp is perhaps the clearest indicator of what will face the Gardai and any other Irish Intelligence officials who have the misfortune of "Interviewing" this woman.

https://news.sky.com/story/islamic-state-new-mini-caliphate-forms-at-syrian-al-hol-camp-11858828
    The boy can't have been more than 10 years old. Shaved head, piercing brown eyes and goofy teeth.

Our moment with him was fleeting but chilling and deeply sad.

In Arabic, he first quoted a verse from the Koran: "God says, 'Turn to Allah with sincere repentance in the hope that your Lord will remove you from your ills'."

He was asking us to repent our sins.

And then, calmly, he said: "We're going to kill you by slaughtering you. We will slaughter you."

As he finished, he looked straight into the lens of our camera.

I have watched the footage back now over and over. Does he know what he is saying? Does he believe it? Has he seen others being slaughtered? How do you heal a young mind so damaged?

These women have poisoned the minds of their own children,and continue to consider themselves as standard bearers for the prophet.

We cultivated Western infidels,may struggle to comprehend this deep hatred of Western ways and peoples,with our helpless shoulder shrugging over American foreign policy,or Western support for despotic rulers and all of that...what we completely fail of appreciate is,how this hatred is from the Book,and predates America,Europe or,as they see it,anything Western.

We,who have largely abandoned allegiance to organised Religious beliefs,simply cannot comprehed the depth of these beliefs.
    We would need to speak to Christians of the 13th,14th,or 15th Centuries before coming across any meaningful insight into this crazed belief structure.

We would be naieve in the extreme to believe that a good talkin-to by the Gardai or a Judge would have any effect on a fully fledged member of this crowd.
    "Do you still believe in the ideology of Daesh?" I ask another woman.

"Yes of course. Why [should] we change? They treat us just like animals. Just like dogs," she says, referring to her surroundings in the camp.

"You treated others like animals. You cut people's heads off, you burnt people alive. Is this not true?" I reply.

"It's says it in the Koran,"
    she tells me.

Our (Western European) problem is we have NO book any longer,nothing,as they would see it,which leaves us largely worthless in their eyes.
    As we left the camp I approached one more woman.

"Where are you from?"

"Dawlat al Islam, the Islamic State," she replied.

"Yeah, but where were you from before?"

"I am from the Islamic State!" she repeated.

I then asked about the IS leader, al Baghdadi. What did she think about his death?

"The Islamic State is remaining! The Islamic State is remaining!" she screamed.

We really don't have a clue....:(

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Advertisement

In the type Hijab she was wearing the eye's are visible..in a Bourkha, the eyes are veiled..I tried one one time,,,horrible sensation...you can only see straight ahead, very little side vision...have to move your head from side to side to see what is happening around you..;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement