Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lisa Smith home.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭X111111111111

Doctor Ali Salem from the Islamic centre on Newstalk this morning asked about Lisa Smith and went on about Muslims who had went to Afganistan to fight the Russians and returned home attemping to draw some kind of weird comparison before he was cut off with a "bad line". But yeah all is well in Clonskeagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭ForestFire

With her military trading, Does anyone know who's interviewing her, is it the Gardai only...

Surely she is sticking to her story that she is part of the kildare search and reacus team, searching for 2 lost walkers? She was just given those weapons but did not ask why....

Have they walked her blindfolded of a plant into a lake yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭dennispenn

bubblypop wrote: »
    In this country there is no offence of being a member of a terrorist organization.

I was listening to Sean O'Rourke this morning for a few minutes.
    Some commentator on the show said there is a law in this country,and has been since the 1930s, where it's illegal to be a member of a domestic terrorist organization. The law was updated in 2005 to include foreign terror groups.

A high ranking Garda's word in court is usually sufficient for a judgement.
    Difficult to use on this case I suppose as the organization she joined was in Syria.

@anyone..... Would Smith have taken any special oath when she was army personal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭171170

Doctor Ali Salem from the Islamic centre on Newstalk this morning asked about Lisa Smith and went on about Muslims who had went to Afganistan to fight the Russians and returned home attemping to draw some kind of weird comparison before he was cut off with a "bad line". But yeah all is well in Clonskeagh.

On the bright side, we haven't had to endure the views of Lynn Boylan or Ibrahim Halawa - yet.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

tuxy wrote: »
    I'd be even more worried about legal aid that did not represent her to the best of his abilities. It would cause the case to collapse.

As far as I know there is one pool of barristers, they can be prosecutors or defenders and are hired by anyone at the same rate.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

dennispenn wrote: »
    I was listening to Sean O'Rourke this morning for a few minutes.
    Some commentator on the show said there is a law in this country,and has been since the 1930s, where it's illegal to be a member of a domestic terrorist organization. The law was updated in 2005 to include foreign terror groups.

Difficult to use on this case I suppose as the organization she joined was in Syria.

@anyone..... Would Smith have taken any special oath when she was army personal?
    She would have taken the standard oath to protect the State while in its service. How about an Interpol/Europol agent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

ForestFire wrote: »
    With her military trading, Does anyone know who's interviewing her, is it the Gardai only...

Surely she is sticking to her story that she is part of the kildare search and reacus team, searching for 2 lost walkers? She was just given those weapons but did not ask why....

Have they walked her blindfolded of a plant into a lake yet!

She is no longer a member of the Defence Forces so unfortunately the Military Police cannot have a go. However G2 can have a chat with her as far as I am concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Coming soon to a newspaper near you:
    Lisa Smith - My ISIS hell

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

I think she should be offered to do a cooking show, possibly with an element of travel involved.
    'Halal Syrian Meals with Lisa Smith' has a great ring to it. The greenscreen could have ISIS beheading videos playing on a loop in the background.

It should be a real ratings winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,730 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

What has she been arrested for that allows her to be held for 3 days?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭X111111111111

Boggles wrote: »

Being a cu nt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Is this Kathryn Thomas mammy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,395 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

boggles there is a live criminal investigation so questions like that aren’t the cleverest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/723942/ISIS-kills-250-children-dough-kneader-burns-men-alive-oven-Syria-Open-Doors-report

This is what we are letting enter the country.

Won't end well.

This woman is radicalised and wants to implement ISIL beliefs and laws here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Bear in mind that the lad that was extinguished days ago, was regarded as a 'shinning example' upon his early release (there are 70+ others similar types let out early)
    https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1211870/london-bridge-terror-attack-boris-johnson-terrorism-usman-khan-general-election-2019
    Thus reckon 3 days detention is about 10-20yrs too short for this wan.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chancer12

Disgusted that The Late Late want to interview her. Last thing that should be allowed is a soft interview from Tubs. Would be good to see responsible reporting for a change and not give her a platform to spread her views.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭171170

chancer12 wrote: »
    Disgusted that The Late Late want to interview her. Last thing that should be allowed is a soft interview from Tubs. Would be good to see responsible reporting for a change and not give her a platform to spread her views.

Tubs would happily interview one of his own turds if he reckoned that it would increase viewing figures. Would probably eat it live on air too, for the same reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Never mind interviewing her. She should be presented to the victims of the atrocities in Syria that she and her ISIL pals carried out. I'd love for a parent of one of the babies they beheaded in their presence be given an hour and some tools with this animal.

boggles there is a live criminal investigation so questions like that aren’t the cleverest

Why? :confused:

Anyway.

I found it, It's been reported.
    She is currently being detained at a South Dublin Garda station under the provisions of Section 30 of the Offences against the State Act, 1939 as amended

I’m beyond disgust with tubridy and the LL. I avoid like the plague. If she actually appears on it RTÉ should be closed down permanently

• Advertisement

Who said that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Why? :confused:

Anyway.

I found it, It's been reported.

Boggles what don’t you understand about there being a live criminal investigation ongoing

Let the garda do their work and stop trying to interfere.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭AAAAAAAAA

dennispenn wrote: »

Well she literally admitted she left Ireland to join them in an interview, there's no lack of evidence.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2019/0718/1063666-lisa-smith/

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chancer12

Never mind interviewing her. She should be presented to the victims of the atrocities in Syria that she and her ISIL pals carried out. I'd love for a parent of one of the babies they beheaded in their presence be given an hour and some tools with this animal.

Or representatives of the poor Yazidi who were virtually exterminated. Am going to email RTE now with an 'advance' complaint. Not having my tax used to turn murder into entertainment

Boggles what don’t you understand about there being a live criminal investigation ongoing

Let the garda do their work and stop trying to interfere.

WTF?

Have you been drinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

This is one time I'd be happy with some kind of mysterious death while in custody. If she goes on late late show we riot

US2 wrote: »
    If she goes on late late show we riot

Or what will happen, crack open a can and watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,332 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Doesn't surprise me about the LLS
    She should not be given one second of airtime to spout her nonsense and lies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

nothing will come of any of this.

have you people forgotten where we are?

this is ireland. the land where we have useless easily corrupted immoral jackasses in charge from the top down, and i include our police force in this.

yes she'll give her interview. she'll attempt to justify her behaviour. it will be discussed for a time and then the soft hearted will beat everyone else down and demand that she live ger life, raise her kid, pursue a career.

meanwhile i will avoid all opportunities to hear this traitorous individuals pathetic excuses.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement