Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lisa Smith home.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭chancer12

But we can either riot or sit back and do nothing. Have just emailed RTE and the Dept of Comms. There comes a time when you have to take a stand and say 'no' … enough is enough. Maybe it won't make a difference but at least I will feel like I've done something. And, while I can't stand his show a call to Joe Duffy might be in order!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭Odhinn

chancer12 wrote: »
    But we can either riot or sit back and do nothing. Have just emailed RTE and the Dept of Comms. There comes a time when you have to take a stand and say 'no' … enough is enough. Maybe it won't make a difference but at least I will feel like I've done something. And, while I can't stand his show a call to Joe Duffy might be in order!!!!

Ahh here....

• Registered Users Posts: 40,353 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Steady on there chief. Lets not say things we can't take back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

So will she be entitled to bring her husbands x4 to Ireland and his crowd etc with the family renunion protocol from the gov. Also if he’d child was born abroad she is not Irish but born to Irish parents . At least the FBI photographed her DNA and fingerprinted her. Probably more than Flanagan did with the lads that bailed last week ffs

Don’t forget she’s had defense force training whether it’s drills etc, gun handling and orders barked to. Sure there’s probably paperwork yada yada Where security of the state, fighting for foreign groups etc she’s signed upon enlistment.

We are not talking about a love struck aer lingus hostess who fell under the charm of an Arabian prince went to Saudi and was traumatized by the treatment of women etc. Lisa knew the crack alright

• Advertisement

AAAAAAAAA wrote: »
    Well she literally admitted she left Ireland to join them in an interview, there's no lack of evidence.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2019/0718/1063666-lisa-smith/

She doesn't say anything in that interview about joining a terrorist organisation.

So will she be entitled to bring her husbands x4 to Ireland and his crowd etc with the family renunion protocol from the gov. Also if he’d child was born abroad she is not Irish but born to Irish parents . At least the FBI photographed her DNA and fingerprinted her. Probably more than Flanagan did with the lads that bailed last week ffs

The child is Irish. they have an irish parent. that is sufficient. and i think all of her husbands are either dead or nowhere to be seen.

Don’t forget she’s had defense force training whether it’s drills etc, gun handling and orders barked to. Sure there’s probably paperwork yada yada Where security of the state, fighting for foreign groups etc she’s signed upon enlistment.

We are not talking about a love struck aer lingus hostess who fell under the charm of an Arabian prince went to Saudi and was traumatized by the treatment of women etc. Lisa knew the crack alright

Defence Forces oath. It only applies while they are a member.
    I,___________, do solemnly swear (or declare) that I will be faithful to Ireland and loyal to the Constitution and that while I am a man of the Defence Forces I will obey all lawful orders issued to me by my superior officers and that while I am a man of the Permanent Defence Force I will not join or be a member of or subscribe to any political organisation or society or any secret society whatsoever and that, if I become a man of the Reserve Defence Force, I will not, while I am a man of the Reserve Defence Force, join or be a member of or subscribe to any secret society whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,580 ✭✭✭cfuserkildare

She will be out by Wednesday as she can only be held for another 24 hours maximum.

Then back into the community as a Well Rounded ( Adjusted ) Citizen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

She will be out by Wednesday as she can only be held for another 24 hours maximum.

Then back into the community as a Well Rounded ( Adjusted ) Citizen.

Just catching up now. It's it's been reported as fact that they have no evidence at all on her? Not much they can do if that is true.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

RTE would be made to offer her any platform.

Isn't there some basic principle whereby LS (and others) can lie guilt-free, and without conscience.

Taqiya or Taqiyya, think it's called.
    I.e. Lying, misdirection and deception, is fully permissible if it suits her/their agenda under the promotion of islam.
    It would be expected for her to deny outright any ill-feelings towards the West.

Sure the mad lad in London this week recently wrote some peace poetry and built a false front of harmlesssness, in order to convince others he was of no risk.
    Think they even held a charity collection to buy him a new computer, he was such a convincing role model.

That is before executing his pre-planned actions, including attacking those who were actually trying to support and help him the very most.

So will she be entitled to bring her husbands x4 to Ireland and his crowd etc with the family renunion protocol from the gov.

Yes it's normal for non legal marriages to be recognised fully in this country.... :rolleyes:

bubblypop wrote: »
    She doesn't say anything in that interview about joining a terrorist organisation.

So she was out there to do laundry ya!

No one knows what she was up to

RTE would be made to offer her any platform.

Isn't there some basic principle whereby LS (and others) can lie guilt-free, and without conscience.

Taqiya or Taqiyya, think it's called.
    I.e. Lying, misdirection and deception, is fully permissible if it suits her/their agenda under the promotion of islam.

It's something that applies to Shia muslims, and even then it's disputed. It has nothing to do with the "promotion of islam". Smith is a sunni and an extreme one at that. Her sect doesn't recognise taqya at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,425 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Boggles what don’t you understand about there being a live criminal investigation ongoing

Let the garda do their work and stop trying to interfere.

Ppl should just await developments at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,387 ✭✭✭jmreire

I'd be inclined to let the Law take it's course first, and then decide how I'd react.

jmreire wrote: »
    I'd be inclined to let the Law take it's course first, and then decide how I'd react.

Spoil sport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Disgusted that The Late Late want to interview her. Last thing that should be allowed is a soft interview from Tubs. Would be good to see responsible reporting for a change and not give her a platform to spread her views.

RTE need the viewers as they are not the favoured medium they once were with advertisers

• Registered Users Posts: 17,394 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

RTE need the viewers as they are not the favoured medium they once were with advertisers

And interviewing this woman will not get advertisers queuing at the door to sponsor the show more likely the very opposite

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

fritzelly wrote: »
    And interviewing this woman will not get advertisers queuing at the door to sponsor the show more likely the very opposite

Oh yes, Advertising Executives the last bastion of moral decency.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,387 ✭✭✭jmreire

tuxy wrote: »
    Spoil sport.

No point in getting exited before I have too!!
    :rolleyes: :D:D:D:D:D

Presumably there's a bidding war of sorts going on as to who gets the first interview, be it in the papers, on the radio or tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Balf

"So, tell us, Lisa, what's the young one getting for Christmas?"

Balf wrote: »

"is it true you've been contracted to decapitate turkeys to help meet the Christmas rush?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Balf wrote: »

A sex change judging by the toy show.

It will be like the Penny Lancaster interview they will want to view for outrage effect.

I cannot boycott the interview as I havent watched RTE in years, so it would have no effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

the uk have identified and introduced a new way to deal with these people and I’m very impressed and satisfied with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭victor8600

Odhinn wrote: »
    Presumably there's a bidding war of sorts going on as to who gets the first interview, be it in the papers, on the radio or tv.

Most likely Lisa Smith is going to spout the usual drivel about the West being the oppressor of Muslims and how Isis killing people in the Middle East is justified because of that.

She is a first of a kind in Ireland, so there may be some interest, though I bet she will get tiresome really quick.

victor8600 wrote: »
    Most likely Lisa Smith is going to spout the usual drivel about the West being the oppressor of Muslims and how Isis killing people in the Middle East is justified because of that.

She is a first of a kind in Ireland, so there may be some interest, though I bet she will get tiresome really quick.

You forgot how she was seen as apiece of meat by the politicians and a joke by the MATS crew and she was bullied by all the white, red blooded males in the Patriarchal Defence Forces.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

“So Lisa, Graham Dwyer is single, would you like to go on First Dates with him?”

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement