Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

2 sims is enough for many households, 160GB cap so watch videos in standard definition and problem solved. Well worth it for many who want to save €40 a month. I'd say loads of people would do that to even save €15 a month.

1 hour SD video = 1 GB
    1 hour spotify normal quality = 40MB

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Folks, got my first bill.

Things to note:

VAT is stated on the bill, so anyone needing to claim VAT back, can do so :) I've accepted that I don't think I'll be getting a vat receipt for the first €9.99 I paid, no biggie I guess.

The calls to the UK number listed are €0.19 minimum once a connection is made, because I remember trying to call the number and it didn't even ring through from what I remember, it just went straight to saying the phone number was out of coverage or something to that nature.

The SMS is an issue. I posted earlier saying when I get calls, they come up on my phone as +35308X as opposed to +3538X, I tried to SMS two numbers straight from my the dialer and it now appears that the SMS were sent to 0086 and 0087 instead of 086 and 087 and one is saying China and the other Satellite/Maritime :confused: The UK SMS is ok.

Service and everything fine for me, and even with these extra charges, it's nothing compared to my "everything in package" base price of my previous provider.

UtxQDs1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

cormie wrote: »

Things to note:

VAT is stated on the bill, so anyone needing to claim VAT back, can do so :) I've accepted that I don't think I'll be getting a vat receipt for the first €9.99 I paid, no biggie I guess.

The calls to the UK number listed are €0.19 minimum once a connection is made, because I remember trying to call the number and it didn't even ring through from what I remember, it just went straight to saying the phone number was out of coverage or something to that nature.

The SMS is an issue. I posted earlier saying when I get calls, they come up on my phone as +35308X as opposed to +3538X, I tried to SMS two numbers straight from my the dialer and it now appears that the SMS were sent to 0086 and 0087 instead of 086 and 087 and one is saying China and the other Satellite/Maritime :confused: The UK SMS is ok.

Service and everything fine for me, and even with these extra charges, it's nothing compared to my "everything in package" base price of my previous provider.

UtxQDs1.png

Was that sent to you via email?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,777 ✭✭✭DopeTech

lighthouse wrote: »
    Was that sent to you via email?

Got an email with a link to view mine in mygomo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭testtech05

Lennyzip wrote: »
    Has anyone who received the SIM just waited to port over for a while to test it out . Might try that as don't want to be completely without my original number .
    I'm assuming in theory here that once your original SIM goes dead it's a successful port over or have people been left with nothing, ie can't make calls or use data . Is that one of the main issues people here are encountering with the porting ? Basically a non functioning phone?

I'm doing this now. Cancelled my port until I suss out if the network is ok for what I need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭RunnerDub

I was expecting a 1st bill of €15 approx, €9.99 & broken period rent from 15th Oct to 31st Oct. Its just €9.99 ??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

RunnerDub wrote: »
    I was expecting a 1st bill of €15 approx, €9.99 & broken period rent from 15th Oct to 31st Oct. Its just €9.99 ??

Yep. Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,572 ✭✭✭Inviere

Due to port today, do I just wait for old sim to be deactivated, and then pop in new sim?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Inviere wrote: »
    Due to port today, do I just wait for old sim to be deactivated, and then pop in new sim?
    Yes. When you see '999 calls only' make the swap.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

My port took over 2 hours on Tuesday and my old SIM went dead long before the new SIM started working with my number. And iMessage/Facetime took another couple of hours to sort themselves. But all going well since. Very pleased with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭dfarrelly96

Gooser14 wrote: »
    Is his phone locked to the original SIM service provider? Has he inputted the new SIM pin code?
    I don't think he phone was locked however I am not too sure, he was with eir. He is able to make calls and texts from the GoMo number though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

RunnerDub wrote: »

Nope. The 'activation fee' of 9.99 EUR covers any period in October. No pro rata. Your bill will be 9.99 EUR for November.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

1890 numbers dont seem to be included in "national calls" just yet anyway, I made three calls to 1890 numbers and was charged 3.91 along with 6c to activate imessage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭daheff

i've about 15eur in vodafone credit left on my phone. I'm porting today....any suggestions on what to do with it?

was trying to IOU buddy it to another vodafone users, but that seems to not work anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭irishchris

OK got bill and tried paying with my revolut card. Keeps coming up with error so assuming there will be problems also for this who registered it as payment for bill.
    Tried using my other Irish bank debit card and appears to go through but on the page where they send a otp to phone my phone doesn't receive the otp. I'm hoping there isn't an issue with gomo and receiving one time passwords or will have to change.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

irishchris wrote: »
    OK got bill and tried paying with my revolut card. Keeps coming up with error so assuming there will be problems also for this who registered it as payment for bill.
    Tried using my other Irish bank debit card and appears to go through but on the page where they send a otp to phone my phone doesn't receive the otp. I'm hoping there isn't an issue with gomo and receiving one time passwords or will have to change.

You shouldn’t have to pay the bill.
    It’s taken from the card you used to order the sim?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Rynies32

Hi, just wondering what email address you used to contact them?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,972 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

cormie wrote: »

Things to note:

UtxQDs1.png

Sim charges are for November. No sim charge for October? I was expecting some charge for the few days used in October

• Registered Users Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭irishchris

kceire wrote: »
    You shouldn’t have to pay the bill.
    It’s taken from the card you used to order the sim?

It wouldn't let me use revolut to clear the balance so had to use another Irish bank card. Changed to revolut after ordering sim so bill could be debited from it but thought would try pay bill now as gives option to pay now. This was purely to test revolut ability to pay direct debit from here on as missed payment with gomo are pricey. Unfortunately it appears gomo will have issues using a UK bank card like revolut. Used another Irish bank card and payment was taken straight away and balance now zero. Tried several times first with the revolut to pay but no joy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

daheff wrote: »
    i've about 15eur in vodafone credit left on my phone. I'm porting today....any suggestions on what to do with it?

was trying to IOU buddy it to another vodafone users, but that seems to not work anymore

Don’t give it to a friend. Give it to charity. I would encourage everyone to clear out their credit balance before porting. A list of textable charitys is here:
    https://api.likecharity.com/charities

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

So I received the sim Wednesday. Only really get 3G at home. Phone signal is 1-2 bars and internet download speeds are 1-3mb. Very slow.

But phone calls are all clear and fine. I have home WiFi so would never use 3/4G at home so I reserved judgement till I used it out and about.

All day yesterday I had 4G as I went about my business and full bar coverage. Download speed tests ranged from 35-79Mbps

So I ported over and all is well.

This is my experience in the Ashbourne area so if others are wondering in this area that’s what I found.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Order on Mon, Oct 21 so now into business day #8 and zero movement from my order. No numbers assigned etc. My Three offer expires tonight, so I'll have to top up by €20 tomorrow... :|

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

I got my first bill and theres a 6 cents charge for a text message to the UK.
    I didnt send any texts to the UK so dont know what its for?

I saw people earlier saying they were charged to activate imessage, maybe its that? The sim was put in an iphone but I dont remember having to activate imessage.

Look its only 6 cents but I`m always wary when there are charges that I dont know what they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭wolf9

For 3 customers trying to get rid of payg credit you can donate to charity as said above which I recommend, there's a 40 euro cap daily, you can also use ur credit to buy from play app store aswell, just change the payment method when doing the transaction

http://community.three.ie/t5/3MadeEasy/Buy-Apps-using-your-Three-Account/ba-p/752880

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

wolf9 wrote: »
    For 3 customers trying to get rid of payg credit you can donate to charity as said above which I recommend, there's a 40 euro cap daily, you can also use ur credit to buy from play app store aswell, just change the payment method when doing the transaction

http://community.three.ie/t5/3MadeEasy/Buy-Apps-using-your-Three-Account/ba-p/752880

Say I eventually get a SIM & port to GoMo - does my Three credit expire when I port? I was hesitant in getting rid of my excess credit incase I needed to come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Just ported over there, 9 mins after the time my signal went dead, powered down phone and swapped Sims and done, nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be....

Pen Rua wrote: »
    Say I eventually get a SIM & port to GoMo - does my Three credit expire when I port? I was hesitant in getting rid of my excess credit incase I needed to come back.

It's gone once you port

• Registered Users Posts: 8,992 ✭✭✭Doge

Can't read the full thread but how many people roughly can't make texts or calls after getting ported over?

My data is fine.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Sim charges are for November. No sim charge for October? I was expecting some charge for the few days used in October

Has been mentioned a number of times already that your €9.99 activation fee covers your usage for the month you signed up for.

• Advertisement

Doge wrote: »
    Can't read the full thread but how many people roughly can't make texts or calls after getting ported over?

My data is fine.

Going by what I've read it can a few hours to completely port in some cases, try powering it off and on a few times every so often

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement