Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to spend excess Credit [Vodafone&Three on Android + iOS]

Options

Comments

Berberis wrote: »
    Has anyone been able to use their three credit for subscribing to google music family.

I currently subscribe to an individual google play music account using my three credit.
    Looked to up dating it to the family plan, but its looking for my credit card details for payments,
    Cant see an option for it to be paid with 3 credit like my current individual plan

I considered it, but you're honestly just better off paying approx €2.50/month for YouTube family premium via India with a VPN. I know you're not using your credit, but for about €30/year your whole family has access to ad-free YouTube, Google Play Music and YouTube Music.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

Basil3 wrote: »
    I considered it, but you're honestly just better off paying approx €2.50/month for YouTube family premium via India with a VPN. I know you're not using your credit, but for about €30/year your whole family has access to ad-free YouTube, Google Play Music and YouTube Music.

I looked into trying to do that, but although it looks easy enough to do. I just can't get me head around this VPN stuff and if it will cause me problems with my current set up

anybody know if there is a smart dns service that you can pay with credit?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭oodles19

glasso wrote: »

You can buy Cyberghost with credit, it's a good VPN/DNS provider

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

I'm currently paying for Google play music family subscription with VF credit. Not exactly what was asked, but should probably be the same on principle between three and VF. O have seen somebody say before that there is a monthly limit that you can pay in credit. Do you have other active subs or purchases being paid from the credit already?

• Advertisement

Oh, and what I dropped in to ask.

Has anybody cone across any photo printing service or app that can be paid for from VF credit?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭hawkeye_bmr

glasso wrote: »

I'm using cactusvpn at the moment, just over the 1st month and all seems to be working good visit a smart dns

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    I'm currently paying for Google play music family subscription with VF credit. Not exactly what was asked, but should probably be the same on principle between three and VF. O have seen somebody say before that there is a monthly limit that you can pay in credit. Do you have other active subs or purchases being paid from the credit already?

Cheers for the reply. I've no other subscriptions on the three credit, but did make a couple of book purchases over past couple of weeks, so maybe that could be it.
    Current individual Google music subscription is due for renewal end of month. What I might try is canceling that subscription then and try to set up the family plan and see if the option to use three credit comes up

Berberis wrote: »
    Cheers for the reply. I've no other subscriptions on the three credit, but did make a couple of book purchases over past couple of weeks, so maybe that could be it.
    Current individual Google music subscription is due for renewal end of month. What I might try is canceling that subscription then and try to set up the family plan and see if the option to use three credit comes up

Cheers. I'm definitely looking into the India option. Especially done I'm moving to Gomo so no more credit build up

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭daddy_boy

all the family are moving to gomo from three and between use we have 260+e of credit. rather than letting three keep the credit is there an option to donate the money to a charity ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,697 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

daddy_boy wrote: »
    all the family are moving to gomo from three and between use we have 260+e of credit. rather than letting three keep the credit is there an option to donate the money to a charity ?

Opening post

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Bumping this thread as there may be people who need it - myself included - with the mass move to GoMo in the last 24 hour.

EDIT: ah, didn't realise it was only replied to in the last 7 hours but this'll serve as a reminder if nothing else.

Question for those who are using the ParkingTag app, can I preload a rake of credit from my Vodafone / Three credit into the account or do I use it on a pay-by-park basis?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Basq wrote: »
    Question for those who are using the ParkingTag app, can I preload a rake of credit from my Vodafone / Three credit into the account or do I use it on a pay-by-park basis?

pay by park I'm afraid Basq.

sweetie wrote: »
    Balls. Thanks for quick reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

In the masive credit dump that we can expect can everyone please keep the charities in mind?

You can see my OP for details

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

sweetie wrote: »

how does the parking tag work with three mobile credit?? when i try and sign up with the app, im asked for my credit card details

update: found answer to my own question
    https://www.parkingtag.ie/how-it-works/charge-to-mobile

how does the parking tag work with three mobile credit?? when i try and sign up with the app, im asked for my credit card details

update: found answer to my own question
    https://www.parkingtag.ie/how-it-works/charge-to-mobile

Yeah, it doesn't actually use the app just text

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭thebo

Basq wrote: »
    Bumping this thread as there may be people who need it - myself included - with the mass move to GoMo in the last 24 hour.

EDIT: ah, didn't realise it was only replied to in the last 7 hours but this'll serve as a reminder if nothing else.

Did you read their terms.

4.5 You do not own the Number allocated to you. We can change the Number at our discretion and will not be liable for any loss or damage, direct or indirect, which might arise from such change.

Big nope from me. Sticking to Vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

thebo wrote: »
    Did you read their terms.

4.5 You do not own the Number allocated to you. We can change the Number at our discretion and will not be liable for any loss or damage, direct or indirect, which might arise from such change.

Big nope from me. Sticking to Vodafone

Vodafone probably have the same in theres.

• Advertisement

FFVII wrote: »
    Vodafone probably have the same in theres.

From Vodafone terms and conditions found here:

https://n.vodafone.ie/terms/pay-as-you-go.html
    6. RESTRICTIONS ON NUMBERS, EQUIPMENT AND SIM CARD
    6.1. You do not own the Phone Number we provide you with as part of the Services. We reserve the right at any time to alter or replace a mobile Phone Number allocated to you or any other name, code or number whatsoever associated with the Service.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,147 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is there any way to split payment on Google Play between vf credit and a debit card for example?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

Can Tesco credit be spent on anything?

xtal191 wrote: »

Nope

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

xtal191 wrote: »

If you've no other use for it, you can donate it to charity. Find your favourite charity here: https://api.likecharity.com/charities/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Been happily using carrier billing for years with Vodafone. It stopped working on my Google One subscription yesterday.

Maybe it's a coincidence but I wonder did Vodafone put the breaks on carrier billing with the mass exodus to GoMo and people spending their built up funds?

Is carrier billing disabled for anyone else on Vodafone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Been happily using carrier billing for years with Vodafone. It stopped working on my Google One subscription yesterday.

Maybe it's a coincidence but I wonder did Vodafone put the breaks on carrier billing with the mass exodus to GoMo and people spending their built up funds?

Is carrier billing disabled for anyone else on Vodafone?

I just used my Vodafone credit to buy some music in the Play Store

• Registered Users Posts: 14,755 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

IOU no longer working for me, got onto VF support and they blamed their new system and said it will be back at some unspecified point in the future. I suspect it won't be back in which case I'll be off to GoMo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Can't remember if I posted this before but you can use your credit to buy Twitch subscriptions and Twitch bits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    Can't remember if I posted this before but you can use your credit to buy Twitch subscriptions and Twitch bits.

Nice
    how? can you use it to gift subs?

Advertisement