Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to spend excess Credit [Vodafone&Three on Android + iOS]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Received an email from Google this morning to advise me they couldn't charge my Youtube premium, I checked my 3 balance and there's plenty available.

So I clicked update payment options in the email and it listed my debit card and 3 balance but the 3 balance was greyed out. I'm not sure if this is because it's the already selected payment option or if you can no longer pay with 3 credit.

Anyone encounter something similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

So I clicked update payment options in the email and it listed my debit card and 3 balance but the 3 balance was greyed out. I'm not sure if this is because it's the already selected payment option or if you can no longer pay with 3 credit.
    Try updating the payment option within the YouTube App on your phone - Touch the avatar at the top-right, go into "Paid memberships", then 'Premium' and then 'EDIT' next to 'Billed with 3'

If you have a dual SIM phone, ensure the Three SIM is set as the primary SIM. When I had a dual SIM phone, the carrier billing would fail and become greyed out if I had another SIM set as the primary SIM at the time the subscription renewed.

Mine renewed successfully a few days ago (2nd October) from my 3 credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

editorsean wrote: »
    Try updating the payment option within the YouTube App on your phone - Touch the avatar at the top-right, go into "Paid memberships", then 'Premium' and then 'EDIT' next to 'Billed with 3'

If you have a dual SIM phone, ensure the Three SIM is set as the primary SIM. When I had a dual SIM phone, the carrier billing would fail and become greyed out if I had another SIM set as the primary SIM at the time the subscription renewed.

Mine renewed successfully a few days ago (2nd October) from my 3 credit.

Went through all that and 3 was still selected as primary payment option. Only have 1 sim so that shouldn't be the issue. I'll try selecting my debit card and then switching back to 3 after.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Went through all that and 3 was still selected as primary payment option. Only have 1 sim so that shouldn't be the issue. I'll try selecting my debit card and then switching back to 3 after.

I had the same issue. Just rebooted the phone and it showed up fine then.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Midlife crisis man

It's so hard to spend my excess credit.

I just use my credit to rent movies for the kids on Google movies and donate to the odd charity.

I have a free vpn with a high allowance already.
    I don't watch YouTube.
    I don't need cloud storage
    I use WhatsApp for calls so I don't need VOIP package.
    I have spotify so I don't need Deezer.
    The basic Microsoft Office package does me just fine.

Anything else I can use it for?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

I just use my credit to rent movies for the kids on Google movies and donate to the odd charity.

I don't watch YouTube.

Udemy?

P. S. Can I use my Three credit to pay for Deezer? It only showed me credit card and paypal options...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭webpal

Here's an idea, Mods, can we use tables? They are editable and can be added to so can be kept up to date, e.g.

App Name|Three or Vodafone|Compatible with iOS|Price
    Viber|Three|Yes|Varies
    Flightradar24|Three|Yes|€11.99 pa

• Registered Users Posts: 11,843 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I don't watch YouTube.

A VPN that's actually private? If it's free, they're probably selling your data.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,843 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I don't watch YouTube.

A VPN that's actually private? If it's free, they're probably selling your data. I use my credit for a NordVPN subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭webpal

DareGod wrote: »

P. S. Can I use my Three credit to pay for Deezer? It only showed me credit card and paypal options...

I think you can if you sign up as a new customer, I did it a few months ago, stopped it and now I can't go back. I have to with cc

Edit: this is the link that worked for me, might work for new customers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

webpal wrote: »
    I think you can if you sign up as a new customer, I did it a few months ago, stopped it and now I can't go back. I have to with cc

Edit: this is the link that worked for me, might work for new customers

Cheers I'll give that a go

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

I remember someone mentioned buying virtual currency/stock, I've 200 in credit I know they mentioned you would get half that back in cash, is it easy to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Hococop wrote: »
    I remember someone mentioned buying virtual currency/stock, I've 200 in credit I know they mentioned you would get half that back in cash, is it easy to do?

OP here, there's a site called coingate which allows you to get crypto currency

I've been trying the past 3 weeks to get verified with them but there's always something wrong with my documentation. Getting a bit tedious now

Don't forget the charities as well

• Registered Users Posts: 14,758 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

any VOIP service that allows you to dial 0818 type numbers? Spent €15 of credit on a call last week, Yolla wouldn't work on the number.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭GBX

loyatemu wrote: »
    any VOIP service that allows you to dial 0818 type numbers? Spent €15 of credit on a call last week, Yolla wouldn't work on the number.

Just on the 0818 cost. I just got a text from 3 saying from 1st Dec they (and 1850, 1890 & 076) numbers will now cost same as landline.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,758 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

GBX wrote: »
    Just on the 0818 cost. I just got a text from 3 saying from 1st Dec they (and 1850, 1890 & 076) numbers will now cost same as landline.

I think they already do on Vodafone, but it was a long call and VF's PAYG rates are terrible. Normally I make hardly any calls, and I use Yolla if I'm on WiFi.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

I don't watch YouTube.

Disney life

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I think they already do on Vodafone, but it was a long call and VF's PAYG rates are terrible. Normally I make hardly any calls, and I use Yolla if I'm on WiFi.

With Three, from 1st December all these numbers will be priced as regular landline numbers and will be covered by any applicable bundle/allowance you have. This is on foot of a recent Comreg decision and all the other telecom companies will be doing likewise.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭JackNow

I created an account with CoinGate with the hope to transfer Three.ie credit as bitcoin. I am given a phone number to call but Three.ie have a voice mail saying 'your service does not allow you to call this number'.
    Is anyone getting this message? or how are other people using Three credit to get Bitcoin, and differs from my approach?
    Thanks in Advance.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

JackNow wrote: »
    I created an account with CoinGate with the hope to transfer Three.ie credit as bitcoin. I am given a phone number to call but Three.ie have a voice mail saying 'your service does not allow you to call this number'.
    Is anyone getting this message? or how are other people using Three credit to get Bitcoin, and differs from my approach?
    Thanks in Advance.

Do you have a premium number bar on your account? Get on to Three and they'll lift it.

• Advertisement

Quackster wrote: »
    Do you have a premium number bar on your account? Get on to Three and they'll lift it.

Hi Quackster, Thanks for your assistance here. I contacted Three.ie support and there was indeed a premium service ban.
    Getting it lifted within the next 24 hrs.
    Thanks again.

So I've been verified by coingate, how does it work exactly?

Try the website 'say no to 1890'. It gives you a list of landline numbers for companies

So I've been verified by coingate, how does it work exactly?

The following link will explain how exactly it works and what exactly you have to do.
    https://coingate.com/buy-bitcoin-mobile

Hope it helps.

Just tried coingate, the 30e phone call took 35e (on three), will get less than 15e back in ethereum

Just tried coingate, the 30e phone call took 35e (on three), will get less than 15e back in ethereum

any listing of actual charges or where you can get an idea of them?

couldn't readily find that.

glasso wrote: »
    any listing of actual charges or where you can get an idea of them?

couldn't readily find that.

It's a 1590 number so if check with your provider what the rate is

It's a 1590 number so if check with your provider what the rate is

It's a ten minute phone call btw

https://www.three.ie/legal/pricing/

The price for a 1590 number is 3.50e per minute

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

Has anyone been able to use their three credit for subscribing to google music family.

I currently subscribe to an individual google play music account using my three credit.
    Looked to up dating it to the family plan, but its looking for my credit card details for payments,
    Cant see an option for it to be paid with 3 credit like my current individual plan

Advertisement