Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to spend excess Credit [Vodafone&Three on Android + iOS]

Options

Comments

jeffk wrote: »
    Viber had the same issues

Unless it's changed, I don't think VOIP on mobile phone is as good as it sounds in theory

As I said if issues in 5Ghz wifi then imagine what speed you get on data

I use Viber, because I already have it on my phone, and didn't see the point installing another app just for calls.

I called my Mrs using Viber Out today (rather than just through Viber to Viber call) and she asked why I wasn't calling on Viber like usual. She commented on how much clearer it was, then I told her I was just calling on Viber Out.

Point being, the person on the other end can't tell the difference between Viber Out and a normal phone call (in my experience).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Not sure about that. I rarely get that poor signal message. Even with 3g data.

Will I did get it

Left it with credit it on it, that's how bad it was

Basil3 wrote: »
    I use Viber, because I already have it on my phone, and didn't see the point installing another app just for calls.

I called my Mrs using Viber Out today (rather than just through Viber to Viber call) and she asked why I wasn't calling on Viber like usual. She commented on how much clearer it was, then I told her I was just calling on Viber Out.

Point being, the person on the other end can't tell the difference between Viber Out and a normal phone call (in my experience).

Shame most people I know, including herself have moved into WhatsApp

Otherwise would give Viber a go again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Hmm - my playstore is set up to pay through paypal.

I'm assuming that can be changed to use your phone credit?

Easy to do?

Edit - checked so, just "enable 3 billing"??
    Is that it?
    I assume that just auto-deducts your phone credit?
    Just like that?

Yes, thats it.

Yeah, it's a shame. Viber is a much better app, and has much better features...but doesn't have the same user base.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Well I use both Viber Out and Yolla. Talk for hours calling to US and all. Works well for me.

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Well I use both Viber Out and Yolla. Talk for hours calling to US and all. Works well for me.

Ill put Yolla back and see as ive about two dollars left on it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭loki7777

loyatemu wrote: »
    you can use the IOU service to send credit to someone else, have to do it by SMS as the option on the website doesn't work anymore.

You still have to top-up properly every 6 months to keep the account active, and it doesn't count as a "top-up" for any offers they may be signed up to.

IOU buddy is gone for new users.
    https://n.vodafone.ie/support/pay-as-you-go-hub/pay-as-you-go/account.html

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭go4it

I wouldn't use yolla as I found it crap

5Ghz wifi and still telling me poor signal, imagine data, plus how often can you guarantee you'll have data coverage

Better off getting a call addon or change your deal to one that includes calls

Yolla , viber and any other voip/sip based apps are all choppy and don't seem reliable if the broadband connection doesn't meet a minimum quality

5Ghz is no better than 2.4Ghz for voip : the signaling, voice packets and other over heads are fine with 256 kbps up and down ( no need for mega-multi Mbps for voip ) - not to mention that trendy apps like whatsup viber and messenger have algorithms to cope with very low bandwith and high latency networks.

Because that's top-notch voip all-about : low latency for packets to travel up and down ( i'm waiting for 5G to see what ping times gives me with Indonesia-Japan)

On another note , i got some message from yolla, saying that i can top up someone else account : i might make a Christmas present to a 'tesco' user :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Also 5Ghz has a shorter range than 2.4Ghz so you may not be close enough to router.

• Advertisement

Mobile data about 10
    WiFi 30 to 60 and high high of 150 plus

Data outside house 30 at best in random area

If say the WiFi is five times the data speed at its best is a poor connection, then hate to see try on data at 10

Tried it there

Wifi 40 or so

Call lagging, then medium to poor wifi coming up

Maybe be ok for odd call, but wouldn't want to rely on it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭bo0li5eumx12kp

What's the best/cheapest VOIP provider in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭funnyname

I find cheap voip deal to be good, tenner top up for 4 months free calls to most major countries with very cheap rates to mobiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Have a look at Yolla.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Cheap voip or discount voip have the best rates but you can't use your credit. No issues with call quality. Personally, on Vodafone, I find Yolla sound quality far superior to Viber Out, both of which I can use credit.

Is it possible to use Three credit for Skype?

Is it possible to use Three credit on Skype?

VOIP has better rates but, I can't see myself using more than 1000 minutes in a month.
    Or 200 to mobile minutes - assuming that's what 20 euro gets me?

Tried Yolla on data today, vodafone network

Other person couldn't hear me
    Then lagging and sounded like in slow motion
    Pop up about medium quality

Dunno how people recommend it so highly

funnyname wrote: »
    I find cheap voip deal to be good, tenner top up for 4 months free calls to most major countries with very cheap rates to mobiles.

Cheap voip deal - is that the name of the provider, or the app?

Can you specify which provider and app you've found best?

Another dude mentioned CSIP simple but, that' gone now apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Did anyone have any issues with coin gate verification? It's been over 24 hours and heard nothing yet

i made a couple calls on Viber out using Three mobile data.

Solid - maybe the line wasn't quite clear but, job done.

What I woud LOVE to know - is it possible to manipulate the app (on signup or otherwise) to give you a virtual number?
    As in, not the actual number associated with your phone card?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭funnyname

Cheap voip deal - is that the name of the provider, or the app?

Can you specify which provider and app you've found best?

Another dude mentioned CSIP simple but, that' gone now apparently.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=finarea.FreeVoipDeal

i made a couple calls on Viber out using Three mobile data.

Solid - maybe the line wasn't quite clear but, job done.

What I woud LOVE to know - is it possible to manipulate the app (on signup or otherwise) to give you a virtual number?
    As in, not the actual number associated with your phone card?

Pretty sure Viber have a thing called 'local number' where they can allocate a local number to you that isn't your actual mobile number. Never used it, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭webpal

Basil3 wrote: »
    Pretty sure Viber have a thing called 'local number' where they can allocate a local number to you that isn't your actual mobile number. Never used it, though.

Not available in Ireland yet

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Bartyman

Managed to buy some Udemy courses yesterday using my 3 credit, there's a sale on at the moment, was surprised to be able to pay using the phone credit.

Not sure if this was posted before, apologies if it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,626 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Bartyman wrote: »
    Managed to buy some Udemy courses yesterday using my 3 credit, there's a sale on at the moment, was surprised to be able to pay using the phone credit.

Not sure if this was posted before, apologies if it was.

No, this hasn't been posted before.

It's really unfortunate the first post can't be updated. Did anyone go with the shared Google Doc approach?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Has anyone ever ran into a problem with Youtube Premium and Vodafone carrier billing?

Have been using VF carrier billing to buy movies from the play store for a year with no issues.

Basically what happened is 11.99 removed from credit. Youtube says the payment was denied.

Vodafone say they see an 11.99 transaction but cannot say who it was to. No sign of the 11.99 in Charged Data in the VF app.

VF blame Youtube and vice versa.

Sorry for the off topic chat, but did not know where else to post, to see if this has happened to anyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

You're missing the middleman here. You can't pay for Youtube with credit. You move money from your credit into Google Pay and then pay for Youtube with Google Pay, it's just streamlined so you don't notice. Try seeing if the money is with or there is an issue with Google Pay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭moonboy52

GarIT wrote: »
    You're missing the middleman here. You can't pay for Youtube with credit. You move money from your credit into Google Pay and then pay for Youtube with Google Pay, it's just streamlined so you don't notice. Try seeing if the money is with or there is an issue with Google Pay.

You learn something new every day.

Thank you so much for pointing that out GarIT.

I can indeed see an a (pending) payment in Google Pay for 11.99 for YT Premium.

Need to dig a bit deeper as to why it is pending.

Thank you! :)

EDIT: 2 days later i finally got through to a VF Rep who investigated it for me overnight.

He phoned back and said that it was a problem on their end. He refunded me the 11.99 and i am going to try to subscribe to YT Premium again

Advertisement