Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to spend excess Credit [Vodafone&Three on Android + iOS]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I'm moving to GoMo today and had €45 credit left. I bought 100gb of Google 1 storage for €19.99 with credit this morning. Also blasted off as much as it would let me to charity. Hit my limit with €15 left.

There is actually very little of any value to buy on the Google store.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,903 ✭✭✭✭GBX

You could buy books as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BMurp0001

If anyone is interested in the Hitman games you're able to buy Steam keys using mobile payments on the IOI store. There's a sale on right now so you can gets games like Blood Money for a couple euro.

I can't link to it as I'm a new user but if you google "IOI Store" you should be able to use it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

loyatemu wrote: »
    LastPass Free works fine for me, not sure what extra you get by paying for it.

I use Safe In Cloud. Very good and once off fee. No yearly subscription malarakey.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

BMurp0001 wrote: »
    If anyone is interested in the Hitman games you're able to buy Steam keys using mobile payments on the IOI store. There's a sale on right now so you can gets games like Blood Money for a couple euro.

I can't link to it as I'm a new user but if you google "IOI Store" you should be able to use it

Not bad

https://www.ioi.dk/store/

Shame it's just the one game series, but hopefully more sellers offer this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

Genghis wrote: »
    Looking for a good password manager that can work with Vodafone's transaction limit. 1Password and LastPass both are annual only and well over €30.

I'm using lastpass free about 2 years, I used to pay for it, then they put up their prices and I cancelled and I realised most of the features I used were now free anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭testtech05

mrcheez wrote: »
    Not bad

https://www.ioi.dk/store/

Shame it's just the one game series, but hopefully more sellers offer this!

Can this be bought for PS4 or is it just PC version

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Skelet0n

How can you pay for Dropbox? There’s no option on the site, has it been stopped or is there a roundabout way to do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Skelet0n wrote: »
    How can you pay for Dropbox? There’s no option on the site, has it been stopped or is there a roundabout way to do it?

Have you not tried through the app?

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Skelet0n

Have you not tried through the app?

Yeah it goes immediately to charge through my Apple ID. Does it have to be through the play store on android?

• Advertisement

Skelet0n wrote: »
    Yeah it goes immediately to charge through my Apple ID. Does it have to be through the play store on android?

Yes. Apple doesn't support carrier billing in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BMurp0001

testtech05 wrote: »
    Can this be bought for PS4 or is it just PC version

Just for PC (Steam keys)

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭sosq

Genghis wrote: »
    Looking for a good password manager that can work with Vodafone's transaction limit. 1Password and LastPass both are annual only and well over €30.
    Try bitwarden, it works on PC and Android. Great for passwords.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭dmn22

I normally buy a couple of movies from the play store every month with the credit. Tried to do the same this morning but it seems using the credit option is "unavailable" at the moment.

Anyone else getting the same message??

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Todd Gack

dmn22 wrote: »
    I normally buy a couple of movies from the play store every month with the credit. Tried to do the same this morning but it seems using the credit option is "unavailable" at the moment.

Anyone else getting the same message??

Yeah, showing up as unavailable for everything for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭dmn22

Todd Gack wrote: »

Hope they haven't got rid of the feature :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,911 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

The only reason I haven't jumped ship from 3 to gomo is spending the credit on films and my Mega subscription each month. If its gone for good, I'm off.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Don't suppose anyone has heard if Apple TV will be purchasable with credit?

Also Netflix isn't still is that right?

I.e. Shudder is the only streaming service we can use correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Genghis

Todd Gack wrote: »

Just bought an e-book on the Play Store using Vodafone credit. I don't need a movie but went back and started the purchase. I got the Vodafone option just like I did for the ebook.

Sorry that might not be all that helpful.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

With 3.
    Just checked, payment method with phone credit is unavailable.

Must be losing too many people to GoMo and stopping them from spending credit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Am with 3 and unavailable option comes up for all types of purchases

Hmm I'm still getting 3 as a payment option on Play Store, but for existing subscriptions I've cancelled... Haven't tested with something new

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

On 3, just tried purchasing Pokémon go coins, payment failed. If I can't use my credit on that I'll move to gomo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Just had a look at their Twitter, apparently they are doing a system upgrade and mobile payments are not working until Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 strombone

I have accumulated credit on a three.ie SIM but have taken out a new SIM on gomo.ie and have started using that. However, I haven't ported the previous three.ie number.

If I stop topping-up the three.ie SIM every 28 days but leave its number - and SIM - active (if not actually in a phone or modem), can I continue to use that three.ie credit over a number of months until I burn it all down?

Would appreciate if anyone knows the answer to this. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Hey all

I'm another prepaid 3 customer who always has about €100 in unused credit every month. I want to ditch my house landline & use the credit to call my sister in the US, if possible. I ring her every week (landline to landline) for an hour or two. She is hard of hearing and refuses to switch to using apps on her mobile phone. We have tried Skype, Viber and WhatsApp, but the call quality was so hit and miss, we just gave up.

It's been a few years since our last attempt and technology has moved forward. Are there any better apps or services I could use with my Irish mobile phone here, that would still let me ring her on her US landline, without giving up the call quality that a landline offers?

Ideally, it would be great to use my 3 credit, but it's ok if I have to pay few bob for an app or service. I just want to ditch the landline, as its madness to be paying for something I use so rarely. I have unlimited broadband with both my 3 phone account and my home Broadband (with Sky) so high usage issues won't be a problem.

Hope it's ok to ask this here. I've read about 20 pages (35-55) and have seen the topic discussed, but I am none the wiser really. Reading the remaining 40 odd pages will probably only confuse me me further. :o

Thanks ya'll .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Hey all

I'm another prepaid 3 customer who always has about €100 in unused credit every month. I want to ditch my house landline & use the credit to call my sister in the US, if possible. I ring her every week (landline to landline) for an hour or two. She is hard of hearing and refuses to switch to using apps on her mobile phone. We have tried Skype, Viber and WhatsApp, but the call quality was so hit and miss, we just gave up.

It's been a few years since our last attempt and technology has moved forward. Are there any better apps or services I could use with my Irish mobile phone here, that would still let me ring her on her US landline, without giving up the call quality that a landline offers?

Ideally, it would be great to use my 3 credit, but it's ok if I have to pay few bob for an app or service. I just want to ditch the landline, as its madness to be paying for something I use so rarely. I have unlimited broadband with both my 3 phone account and my home Broadband (with Sky) so high usage issues won't be a problem.

Hope it's ok to ask this here. I've read about 20 pages (35-55) and have seen the topic discussed, but I am none the wiser really. Reading the remaining 40 odd pages will probably only confuse me me further. :o

Thanks ya'll .

Maybe give viber out a try? As in use viber to ring her landline, see what the quality is like

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

mrcheez wrote: »
    Don't suppose anyone has heard if Apple TV will be purchasable with credit?

Also Netflix isn't still is that right?

I.e. Shudder is the only streaming service we can use correct?

Mubi, 8.99 and comes with a free cinema ticket each week. Lots of foreign, indie and arthouse movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Maybe give viber out a try? As in use viber to ring her landline, see what the quality is like

How does Viber Out differ from the regular Viber we used before? And does she need to have the Viber app on her mobile phone, as before? Or are they 2 different things?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭go4it

Viber out - you call landlines and mobiles all over the world, at small prices ( check tariffs beforehand )
    Call quality is better ( no sound delay/ghosting) when calling between continents . the called person , answering the landline/mobile phone , wouldn't know your calling from viber ( shows your mobile number as call id )

Advertisement