Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to spend excess Credit [Vodafone&Three on Android + iOS]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Nice
    how? can you use it to gift subs?

I used the Twitch android app.

For bits click on a bits icon in someones chat and it'll give you option to buy bits. It wont buy them for that channel btw.

And click subscribe to sub. The option for mobile payment should be there.

Dunno about gift subs though.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭TrivialArguer

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    I used the Twitch android app.

For bits click on a bits icon in someones chat and it'll give you option to buy bits. It wont buy them for that channel btw.

And click subscribe to sub. The option for mobile payment should be there.

Dunno about gift subs though.

Great. Thanks, Ive a few people I know I want to sub to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

Great. Thanks, Ive a few people I know I want to sub to.

This isn't watching people playing games is it????

• Registered Users Posts: 13,626 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

FFVII wrote: »
    This isn't watching people playing games is it????

You mean like Sky Sports?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

mrcheez wrote: »
    You mean like Sky Sports?

Do they tell you it's the same thing ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

Thinking of moving to GoMo and have over €100 on my account. I'd nearly consider knocking together an android app with in-app purchases and use carrier billing, just to get some of of this back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭franglan

Thinking of moving to GoMo and have over €100 on my account. I'd nearly consider knocking together an android app with in-app purchases and use carrier billing, just to get some of of this back.

Do good man.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Try coingate or donate to some charity

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

I am switching my daughter's phone over to GoMo from 3. I have 150 euro credit built up and have recently taken out a family subscription on YT premium at 18/month paid for by the credit on her number.

If I simply give her the new SIM card and new GoMo number and stop using the 3 number, have the 3 SIM in a safe place. Will the credit last 8 months ( I can make a call after 6 months with it to keep it alive) or will it expire at some point ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

I am switching my daughter's phone over to GoMo from 3. I have 150 euro credit built up and have recently taken out a family subscription on YT premium at 18/month paid for by the credit on her number.

If I simply give her the new SIM card and new GoMo number and stop using the 3 number, have the 3 SIM in a safe place. Will the credit last 8 months ( I can make a call after 6 months with it to keep it alive) or will it expire at some point ?

If you log in to your 3 account online, you'll see when the credit will expire.

Mine states cash credits won't expire but there is an asterisk, probably you've to keep the sim active by occasionally use.

• Advertisement

I will try that- the phone app doesn't tell me - thanks

Edit- I checked and says it doesn't expire as long as you make a call every 6 months.. Let's hope for the best so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Three credit expires after 180 days.

https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057530580/1

Unless a top up has been saved beyond 6 months by making a chargeable call, then...
    Top up today will expire in 6 months
    Top up applied 6 months ago (or longer) has expired.
    Top up applied 5 months ago will expire in 1 month.
    Top up applied 4 months ago will expire in 2 months.
    ...and so on.

To save an active top up, make a call before 6 months, but that only saves the currently active top up. If there is still credit available within the top up that has been saved beyond 6 months, the next available top up that is inactive will expire after it has reached 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,275 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

FYI - you can sign up for YT premium in India for 189 rupees which comes out at €2.41 for me last time round. So once the credit runs out you could look at that... https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057939654

dulpit wrote: »
    FYI - you can sign up for YT premium in India for 189 rupees which comes out at €2.41 for me last time round. So once the credit runs out you could look at that... https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057939654

I know.. I actually did sign up in India , but I felt a bit uncomfortable with this, so signed up with a throw away gmail address.
    Then found I couldn't invite my family members as they are already part of my existing"family", and thought feck it, I am not going to get everyone more email addresses just for this- and then explain time after time to them how they need to switch accounts for different apps. So I chickened out and cancelled that subscription and signed up for a "proper" subscription

Google is probably the only company I wouldn't like to get in trouble with, they know too much about me

And maybe, after 8 months when credit is gone, we have something better than YT premium

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I know.. I actually did sign up in India , but I felt a bit uncomfortable with this, so signed up with a throw away gmail address.
    Then found I couldn't invite my family members as they are already part of my existing"family", and thought feck it, I am not going to get everyone more email addresses just for this- and then explain time after time to them how they need to switch accounts for different apps. So I chickened out and cancelled that subscription and signed up for a "proper" subscription

Google is probably the only company I wouldn't like to get in trouble with, they know too much about me

And maybe, after 8 months when credit is gone, we have something better than YT premium

I'm not being smart but they couldn't give a sh!te about you

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

i got hit yesterday with a 57977 text scam. do an internet search of this scam if you want more info. 93euro of built of my credit gone in a few seconds of text messages. As i dont know how i signed up, suggest to others to use your credit or lose it. even give it to charity as better them than a shower of con artists.

Anyone know how i can buy one euros worth of credit so i can text 'stop' to this number. i dont want to top up by another 20 euro to have it disappear within seconds of the top up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

i got hit yesterday with a 57977 text scam. do an internet search of this scam if you want more info. 93euro of built of my credit gone in a few seconds of text messages. As i dont know how i signed up, suggest to others to use your credit or lose it. even give it to charity as better them than a shower of con artists.

Anyone know how i can buy one euros worth of credit so i can text 'stop' to this number. i dont want to top up by another 20 euro to have it disappear within seconds of the top up.

If you didn't sign up then contact them and demand a refund. There is a good chance they'll send you a cheque. Comreg website will give you customer service email address of which ever company it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I'm hoping Google Stadia will allow you to use credit to subscribe next month. Think it's 9.99 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

sweetie wrote: »
    I'm hoping Google Stadia will allow you to use credit to subscribe next month. Think it's 9.99 a month.

Me too! It would be very good if they did :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

You can get those premium rate services blocked. You can also contact the company who charged you for a refund (personally I think it's sickening you have to do this, it's like asking someone who mugged you for your money back). It actually could be a good thing for you as they will likely give you the money back as a cheque or using PayPal so you'll convert that credit into cash. They're still a shower of scumbags though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

You can get those premium rate services blocked. You can also contact the company who charged you for a refund (personally I think it's sickening you have to do this, it's like asking someone who mugged you for your money back). It actually could be a good thing for you as they will likely give you the money back as a cheque or using PayPal so you'll convert that credit into cash. They're still a shower of scumbags though.

Thanks, but i expect i must have accidently clicked on a pop-up at some time. so they could argued that i legally agreed, rather than in common sense purposes id never agree to paying nearly 100 yoyos for a few text messages.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Thanks, but i expect i must have accidently clicked on a pop-up at some time. so they could argued that i legally agreed, rather than in common sense purposes id never agree to paying nearly 100 yoyos for a few text messages.

It doesn't matter. Get on to them. Same thing happened to me not long ago and I got my money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Its not even accidentally clicking. There are a few threads on here about them. My father got fleeced by them. He had signed up to 3 and within a few minutes he got messages saying he was subscribed to a service which he never agreed to. 3 and their billing company are in cahoots. But will deny it. There is a crossover of info and they fire off texts and fleece customers. As above, get onto the provider and contact Comreg and request a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

So how do you sign up for these yokes?

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭NinetyForNone

These the bastards that scammed me: portal.modogames.club.
    They did offer a refund via paypal ,no sign of it yet after 10 working days -
    I've contacted their buddies in comreg, who license these businesses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭webpal

If I rent a movie in play store or google play app using 3 credit, can I watch this on smart tv using same app and same log in details? Ive tried casting from phone but not working even though I've connected the two so I don't want to waste credit if it doesn't work

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

webpal wrote: »
    If I rent a movie in play store or google play app using 3 credit, can I watch this on smart tv using same app and same log in details? Ive tried casting from phone but not working even though I've connected the two so I don't want to waste credit if it doesn't work

Should do I would say. I've rented though Play Store and then watched on my laptop on Chrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,699 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Similarly, I've paid on my phone then chromecasted before without issue

sweetie wrote: »
    So how do you sign up for these yokes?

It's probably not even possible to legitimately sign up for them. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭green123

It's probably not even possible to legitimately sign up for them. :pac:

People click to sign up and agree to these messages. Have a read through some of this thread :

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057671152/2/#post111555224

The below just one example taken from this thread :

' I have checked our records against the mobile number below and we can see from our logs that there has been a genuine entry from the mobile phone, please see a brief explanation of how and when this entry occurred below.

• This number was entered into our fitness Portal on the 5th September 2019. This is a one off payment fitness service giving you 28 days access for 20 Euros and further details can be found at http://vfit.guru/home/login ;

• Whilst browsing the internet you will have seen a button that advised ‘Join Now’ to gain access to our Personal Trainer service ‘Your Fitness Guru’, which offers the benefits of using a personal trainer at a fraction of the normal price. It delivers each user a personalised plan, easy to follow workout videos and a recipe book with 50+ healthy meal suggestions. This is clearly stated directly below the submit button along with the charge amount for the service. Once clicked the page refreshed asking you to confirm your entry, again advising the charge amount. This then had a tick displayed to confirm once this had been done, the page refreshed again asking you to continue to the vfitguru website.

Advertisement