Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to spend excess Credit [Vodafone&Three on Android + iOS]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Three let you keep the 20 for AYCE data and unlimited texts but only free 3 to 3 calls so not great if you're a big talker through regular calls but great if you're a heavy data user or use apps for phone/text

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Frank_1969 wrote: »
    Time to switch to Eir PAYG so...80gb of data and unlimited calls for €20 pm.

Or switch to three and use your credit for viber out for cheap phone calls, and unlimited Internet

Three let you keep the 20 for AYCE data and unlimited texts but only free 3 to 3 calls so not great if you're a big talker through regular calls but great if you're a heavy data user or use apps for phone/text

Unlimited international calls to landline and mobile via Viber Out for €10 or so a month, so you still have €10 a month left over on 3. This would give you unlimited data, texts and calls to virtually anywhere in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

WEST wrote: »
    Any way to buy Bitcoin that avoids spending half the credit on fees? Using Coingate, I need to spend €30 to buy approximately €13 worth of Bitcoin.

Anybody used the Coingate way of buying bitcoin through credit yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    Anybody used the Coingate way of buying bitcoin through credit yet?
    Used it few weeks ago, threw 90€ into it and it's worth 45€ now in Ether, you lose more than half the value at time of purchase. Transferred to my gdax account straight away.

• Advertisement

KilOit wrote: »
    Used it few weeks ago, threw 90€ into it and it's worth 45€ now in Ether, you lose more than half the value at time of purchase. Transferred to my gdax account straight away.

Cheers KilOit, Thinking of doing it myself, Have around €100 credit and wanted to make some sort of use of it instead of forgetting to top up after 28 days and blowing all in 15 mins with three.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,147 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

jgbyr wrote: »
    I received a text regarding my top up stating the same, but when I did the top up I still kept the tenner.
    Have you read about this elsewhere as I was hoping it's an error in the text.

Sorry just saw this now. I topped up yesterday and still got to keep my tenner but I see the plan I'm on isn't on their site anymore. Probably only a matter of time before they pull it but I'll try keep it going as long as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭SkepticQuark

KilOit wrote: »

Yeah half the value of what you put in is pretty much the rough value any time you use it. I've used it on and off for a while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

Basil3 wrote: »
    Unlimited international calls to landline and mobile via Viber Out for €10 or so a month,

Can you subscribe to viber without taking a bundle?

tv3tg4 wrote: »

You can buy viber out credit instead of taking a bundle

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

tv3tg4 wrote: »

You can, but Yolla out-of-bundle rates are better value.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Quackster wrote: »
    You can, but Yolla out-of-bundle rates are better value.

Yes, I use Yolla all the time. Rates are better but they are a bit expensive to buy from credit. Still good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭barneyrub

jgbyr wrote: »
    I received a text regarding my top up stating the same, but when I did the top up I still kept the tenner.
    Have you read about this elsewhere as I was hoping it's an error in the text.

Same happened me before my last top up. Said it would take 20 of the top up. But when I topped up it took the €10 as normal.

I've been receiving texts though trying to get me to change to another offer so they're probably trying to get people off the old plan when it's not available anymore

How easy is coingate to use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Italix

Can this be done on an iPhone?

How easy is coingate to use?

Yea fairly easy and straight forward....The coingate website guides you through it....Just a reminder as its a right few pages back...Your buying €13 euro's worth off bitcoin and it will cost €35 euro(says onscreen €30 but with the three network charges for the premium numbers are dearer)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Yea fairly easy and straight forward....The coingate website guides you through it....Just a reminder as its a right few pages back...Your buying €13 euro's worth off bitcoin and it will cost €35 euro(says onscreen €30 but with the three network charges for the premium numbers are dearer)

Went through the process finally after starting it a few times, very straight forward and I now have 13 euro in my wallet waiting to be verified.

bennyc wrote: »
    Went through the process finally after starting it a few times, very straight forward and I now have 13 euro in my wallet waiting to be verified.

Its better than wasting it on data with three after forgetting to top up anyway :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Its better than wasting it on data with three after forgetting to top up anyway :pac:

I have a mobile and a 4g router on PAYG 3, the bloody router had €40 euro on it last Friday, I thought it was not due to expire until Sunday and I lost the lot on Saturday :mad: looking forward to building this up over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭thesandeman

bennyc wrote: »
    I have a mobile and a 4g router on PAYG 3, the bloody router had €40 euro on it last Friday, I thought it was not due to expire until Sunday and I lost the lot on Saturday :mad: looking forward to building this up over time.

We all got caught once.
    They are still the best deal available though if we keep on top of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭tart29016

anybody knows if you transfer say 20euro vodafone credit to a friend. does this qualify as a "top - up" for my friend?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,758 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

tart29016 wrote: »
    anybody knows if you transfer say 20euro vodafone credit to a friend. does this qualify as a "top - up" for my friend?

you can use the IOU service to send credit to someone else, have to do it by SMS as the option on the website doesn't work anymore.

You still have to top-up properly every 6 months to keep the account active, and it doesn't count as a "top-up" for any offers they may be signed up to.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭bo0li5eumx12kp

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Yes, I use Yolla all the time. Rates are better but they are a bit expensive to buy from credit. Still good value.

How do you buy them from credit?

I'm not seeing that option.

Just getting laser card, paypal or playstore...?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

I wouldn't use yolla as I found it crap

5Ghz wifi and still telling me poor signal, imagine data, plus how often can you guarantee you'll have data coverage

Better off getting a call addon or change your deal to one that includes calls

jeffk wrote: »

5Ghz wifi and still telling me poor signal, imagine data, plus how often can you guarantee you'll have data coverage

VOIP?

Viber?

Y/N?

How do you buy them from credit?

I'm not seeing that option.

Just getting laser card, paypal or playstore...?

I pay through playstore to use the phone credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

VOIP?

Viber?

Y/N?

Viber had the same issues

Unless it's changed, I don't think VOIP on mobile phone is as good as it sounds in theory

As I said if issues in 5Ghz wifi then imagine what speed you get on data

coldfire1x wrote: »
    I pay through playstore to use the phone credit.

Hmm - my playstore is set up to pay through paypal.

I'm assuming that can be changed to use your phone credit?

Easy to do?

Edit - checked so, just "enable 3 billing"??
    Is that it?
    I assume that just auto-deducts your phone credit?
    Just like that?

• Advertisement

jeffk wrote: »

Not sure about that. I rarely get that poor signal message. Even with 3g data.

Advertisement