Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recruit Prison Officer 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Thanks just trying to figure out how long we might be waiting

A year to 18 months judging by previous posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Kells girls

A year to 18 months judging by previous posts.

Was hoping it was moving faster! Willl just have to be patient

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Gandijp

Does anyone know how many per class ?

24 I think

• Registered Users Posts: 20 TopProspect

They are calling the next batch of 30 roughly to do medicals in October/November depending on when they finish the fitness tests of the first 35 candidates from this campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 kenny80

who sends the garda clearance the ips r the public appointment service does anyone no

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 mmmmmdaly

So the security clearance actually goes to Northern Ireland, The Garda have nothing to do with it, It can take upwards of 12 months for it to come back. with the whole brexit thing now, it could be longer. The day you do your interview it is sent away by public jobs, they then send the result to the IPS, after the interview public jobs are finished with the hiring process

mmmmmdaly wrote: »
    So the security clearance actually goes to Northern Ireland, The Garda have nothing to do with it, It can take upwards of 12 months for it to come back. with the whole brexit thing now, it could be longer. The day you do your interview it is sent away by public jobs, they then send the result to the IPS, after the interview public jobs are finished with the hiring process

I cant believe it gets out sourced to Northern Ireland :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 patrickpints

Rang the ips today, I'm in the 60s of the 2019 campaign, told me end of november/start dec before I will get called for medical as they are trying to get through the last of the 2018 campaign and dont have a whole pile left, said I could be looking at january for physical and then it's a case of "how long is a piece of string" after that with regards start date as they run them every month except summer when theres holidays etc... painfull waiting

Rang the ips today, I'm in the 60s of the 2019 campaign, told me end of november/start dec before I will get called for medical as they are trying to get through the last of the 2018 campaign and dont have a whole pile left, said I could be looking at january for physical and then it's a case of "how long is a piece of string" after that with regards start date as they run them every month except summer when theres holidays etc... painfull waiting

I assumed earlier for the medical, at least I can work on my fitness more :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 kenny80

thanks for the info guys at least we half no where we stand ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Teresa94

Hi Everyone
    Is the prison service clerical officer the same as a clerical officer who works for social welfare?
    Is the benefits the same, eg flexi time?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

Teresa94 wrote:
    Hi Everyone Is the prison service clerical officer the same as a clerical officer who works for social welfare? Is the benefits the same, eg flexi time? Thanks

No flexi. Not a job I'd recommend unless you're badly stuck for work. Not sure that it's possible to transfer out either once established. You'd have to work the odd Saturday and weekday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

Teresa94 wrote:
    Hi Everyone Is the prison service clerical officer the same as a clerical officer who works for social welfare? Is the benefits the same, eg flexi time? Thanks

No flexi. Not a job I'd recommend unless you're badly stuck for work. Not sure that it's possible to transfer out either once established. You'd have to work the odd Saturday and weekday evening.

Got an email last thursday, inviting me for medical and hearing, all has to be back by oct 31st, so I'm guessing I might get called for the physical nov/dec. Had my medical today, went sound, very basic, should be sound unless you have health problems. Oh, keep your bmi under 30 or you will have to do some sort of step test in dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Pathfinder2285

Got an email last thursday, inviting me for medical and hearing, all has to be back by oct 31st, so I'm guessing I might get called for the physical nov/dec. Had my medical today, went sound, very basic, should be sound unless you have health problems. Oh, keep your bmi under 30 or you will have to do some sort of step test in dublin.

Same as bro 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dave .moriarty

hi quick question if you have a drink driving conviction can you join the job ??

hi quick question if you have a drink driving conviction can you join the job ??

Hard to say, depends how long ago? I'm guessing though.

I heard of lads with public order offenses might have got in? Passage of time might be key. But then again....I dont know I'm guessing

Same as bro ðŸ‘

Sweet man, all sent back, just waiting to be called for the dreaded physical....then wait for about 10 years for the security clearance to come back haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dave .moriarty

I heard of lads with public order offenses might have got in? Passage of time might be key. But then again....I dont know I'm guessing

it just happened after i applied

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Arod13

it just happened after i applied

Drink driving is a road traffic offence,not a criminal offence so you should be fine once you put it down on your security clearance form.how much over the limit were you and have you been convicted?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Tbromi17

Has anyone recieved word on doing the PCT? I haven't, in 2nd batch for med

Tbromi17 wrote: »
    Has anyone recieved word on doing the PCT? I haven't, in 2nd batch for med

Not yet, I thought mine was delayed due to them wanting a letter from my Doctor to say I recovered from everything on my questionnaire.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Sea eagle 101

I have mine booked for early November, I'm in the first batch

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Tbromi17

Best of luck. Doing much training?

Best of luck, I'm in the 60's so presuming I'm the 2nd batch as I have medical and hearing all sent back.

Have you to do an orientation of the prison that day before the test? I heard some mention of that?

Tbromi17 wrote: »
    Best of luck. Doing much training?

Thanks,Just doing some running in the evening, gonna practise the shuttles this weekend, hopefully be fit enough to pass

Best of luck, I'm in the 60's so presuming I'm the 2nd batch as I have medical and hearing all sent back.

Have you to do an orientation of the prison that day before the test? I heard some mention of that?

Thanks, it said on the email, that the orientation and tour of the prison is after the PCT

Thanks,Just doing some running in the evening, gonna practise the shuttles this weekend, hopefully be fit enough to pass

TBH I hit the mark in 3 minutes, if I can do it anyone can!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭ddmam

TBH I hit the mark in 3 minutes, if I can do it anyone can!

Delighted to hear this!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Dien

Thanks, it said on the email, that the orientation and tour of the prison is after the PCT

And it's a long day guys with only tea and biscuits to sustain you, I'd bring a packed lunch to see ye through.

Advertisement