Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recruit Prison Officer 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

hmurray15 wrote: »
    How long from doing the interview until you hear back from them. Just did mine today

Few weeks think I got my results after 3 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 11 hmurray15

daniel1390 wrote: »
    Congratulations on interview. How long was it. How were other exercises. I believe waiting times are 2 r 3 weeks

Thank you. The only advice I can give is listen carefully because I found sound on the video difficult to hear properly and be assertive in both group and interviews

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mmmmmdaly

anybody do the PCT, i'm doing mine Thursday, only got notified last week about it, i'm have practiced everything, just nervous about the shuttle runs

mmmmmdaly wrote: »
    anybody do the PCT, i'm doing mine Thursday, only got notified last week about it, i'm have practiced everything, just nervous about the shuttle runs

When did you do your interview?

i did mine in april, had to do a step test 3 weeks ago in dublin as my bmi was 31

• Advertisement

i did mine in april, had to do a step test 3 weeks ago in dublin as my bmi was 31

Ah ok was wondering how long I'll have to get my fitness up, there are some youtube vids for the English prison service that look similar.

Also this link may help

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Farlo1234

Any sign of familiarisation material for interviews start of september?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 callum21

I'm doing mine in the morning too, definitely going to fail, not one bit fit and did no training, anyway best of luck with it

callum21 wrote: »
    I'm doing mine in the morning too, definitely going to fail, not one bit fit and did no training, anyway best of luck with it

Good luck with it, let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Tbromi17

callum21 wrote: »

When did you interview? And when was medical. Trying to get an idea of timelines..

Hope today went well

• Advertisement

Anyone interview in July hear anything about medical?

Did the PCT today, passed it, classes are going in September, November, December, January & February. Slot of people that did it with me today still didn't have their security clearance back. Be prepared to wait a long time, they were saying they have people on their books waiting 12 months

Did the PCT today, passed it, classes are going in September, November, December, January & February. Slot of people that did it with me today still didn't have their security clearance back. Be prepared to wait a long time, they were saying they have people on their books waiting 12 months

Fair play mmmmmmdaly. Was it difficult. Briefly what was involved?

Toughest part are the 40 shuttle runs, just practice them and you will be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Farlo1234

Is the PCT like the garda one, if you fail you get 1 lore chance to re do it few weeks later?

Farlo1234 wrote: »
    Is the PCT like the garda one, if you fail you get 1 lore chance to re do it few weeks later?

I read you have 2 chances to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 private89

Lads, have my interview coming up. Just wondering when you give the details for vetting do they talk to you about it? When I went for the Guards I had to meet with a Sgt and he discussed it. Just wondering how it works for the Prison Service?

private89 wrote: »
    Lads, have my interview coming up. Just wondering when you give the details for vetting do they talk to you about it? When I went for the Guards I had to meet with a Sgt and he discussed it. Just wondering how it works for the Prison Service?

Will only talk to you if somethings missing.

yeah there was a girl that was doing it for the second time in our group and she had to pull out due to injury. they say it to you, if you feel you aren't able to do it then don't

• Registered Users Posts: 20 JD1982

In passing the interview, what’s the average wait time for IPS medical/fitness test?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 kenny80

I got word wednesday. what's the time scale for fitness test r medical r what comes next and how long does it take??

• Registered Users Posts: 40 kenny80

by got word I mean that I passed the interview

kenny80 wrote: »
    I got word wednesday. what's the time scale for fitness test r medical r what comes next and how long does it take??

3 weeks or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 RPO Prospect

JD1982 wrote: »
    3 weeks or so.

Didn't you do your interview very recently, JD? Have you already been notified regarding your medical?

Didn't you do your interview very recently, JD? Have you already been notified regarding your medical?

The guards wouldn’t ask me that, lol

Am told a few days after interview results, candidate gets 3-4 weeks notice on med/phys test.

I passed my interview I done in June still haven't heard anything.

Ha ha, sorry JD. I wasn't trying to pry. But I was just curious as I haven't heard of anyone being called for their medical so soon after their interview (at least for the 2019 competition). I had my interview in and around the same time as Iseedeadpixels and I'm also still waiting to be called for my medical.

Tbromi17 wrote: »
    Anyone interview in July hear anything about medical?

No. As far as I'm aware, no one from the 2019 competition has been contacted regarding stage 4 as of yet. So don't worry, they simply haven't got to us yet.

No. As far as I'm aware, no one from the 2019 competition has been contacted regarding stage 4 as of yet. So don't worry, they simply haven't got to us yet.

ðŸ‘will let you know if I hear anything

• Advertisement

Tbromi17 wrote: »
    ðŸ‘will let you know if I hear anything

Conservatively speaking, I'd say we'll be looking at the final quarter of 2019 before we're called for the medical. Provided everything goes smoothly following the medical/physical, I think it'll be mid 2020 before we're called to Beladd. Don't take this as gospel, by the way. This is simply a guess on my part, based on the average time frames of posters from last year's competition.

Advertisement