Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recruit Prison Officer 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Gandijp

Did anyone hear any word back for the fitness stage that placed around the 120 and over merit order of placing?

Have you done the medical yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Hemmingsway

Gandijp wrote: »

No not yet. Waiting to hear word back on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 BK1997

Public jobs just posted recruit prison officer campaign up again for anybody who wants to apply again

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Herbalhippie

Hi
    I’m just wondering if any mammys have applied for recruitment. I want to apply but unreal of how long training takes. I heard it was 6 months away from home. Is this true? Also what way does shift work rotate if anybody can give me any ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Herbalhippie

Gandijp wrote: »

What was medical like? Is it weight based like guards?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Hi
    I’m just wondering if any mammys have applied for recruitment. I want to apply but unreal of how long training takes. I heard it was 6 months away from home. Is this true? Also what way does shift work rotate if anybody can give me any ideas.

No. It's 12 weeks and you can go home if you want

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭sullydublin

Anyone know roughly how many recruits make it through training.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Anyone know roughly how many recruits make it through training.

Each and every one of them when I trained. If you show up and just do what you're told, you'll fly it. There's a lot of more written and academic work nowadays and you'll officially be a part-time student as well as a recruit for the first couple of years. What that means is assignments and college work on top of actual shifts.

My advice, stay on top of it and just do it. Might not always seem relevant or worthwhile but it's just got to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 kenny80

Anyone got there PCT on the 24th of January ?????????

• Registered Users Posts: 8 2019candidate

Anyone from the 2019 Campaign hear any more after they passed the PCT? Interviewed in July & apprently that is when they send off your clearence? Its frustraiting not being able to track any progress or plan anything. I heard of someone from the 2018 campaign who is still waiting so its so hard to tell when we may hear back?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Hemmingsway

i just got word back yesterday after waiting months and months after my interview. I now have to attend a GP and Audiologist. GP is covered by IPS and Audiologist has to be paid out of your own pocket. They give you 3 weeks to get all this done and have forms returned. In the email it also states that the clearance part is only taking place now, and to expect to wait several months before hearing word back about the PCT, as the process can take that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Red900

Anyone from the 2019 Campaign hear any more after they passed the PCT? Interviewed in July & apprently that is when they send off your clearence? Its frustraiting not being able to track any progress or plan anything. I heard of someone from the 2018 campaign who is still waiting so its so hard to tell when we may hear back?

Had my interview in August and I have my PCT this month. Have u completed your PCT already and just waiting on clearance yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Dean2020

Whos going for this 2020 prision officer wish use the best with the progess

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Dean2020 wrote: »
    Whos going for this 2020 prision officer wish use the best with the progess

I am! I’ve never went for it before!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 christy G

Does anyone know how long it takes for stage 1 to come out after you do complete the questionnaire? , just got a message from public jobs to complete it between the 21st till 12 noon 27th of January .

Thanks in advance

Doing stage 1 aswell last time l did it was back in 2016 got the results about 2 weeks after

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 christy G

Dean2020 wrote: »
    Doing stage 1 aswell last time l did it was back in 2016 got the results about 2 weeks after

How long do you get to complete stage 1 I think it's normal within two weeks before the deadline?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Young cub

Hi there, i am going forward for this campaign aswell, i am just wondering if all goes well and you end up going through to training/college how much does a student receive while in training/college? E.g pay/ allowances. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭irishgirl91

This thread is for the 2019 recruitment. Applicants for the 2020 recruitment please create your own dedicated thread

Applciants are welcome of course to ask questions in this thread or the previous thread for the 2018 recruitment but as the 2020 recruitment campaign progresses it will be beneficial for it have it's own thread

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Young cub

This thread is for the 2019 recruitment. Applicants for the 2020 recruitment please create your own dedicated thread

Applciants are welcome of course to ask questions in this thread or the previous thread for the 2018 recruitment but as the 2020 recruitment campaign progresses it will be beneficial for it have it's own thread

Just wondered if you might have an answer to my question irishgirl91, be great to get some feedback. Cheers

• Advertisement

Young cub wrote: »
    Just wondered if you might have an answer to my question irishgirl91, be great to get some feedback. Cheers

Are you going for the 2019 or 2020 recruitment?
    The 2018 recruitment thread would probably be the best place to ask as more applicants would have completed their training or should have by now. Hopefully someone can give you an accurate answer

Alot of the 2019 recruitment are currently waiting for security clearance and have done stage 4 or they are are completing stage 4 - medical and fitness

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Kells girls

Hi there most information is on the website, best of luck to all in the 2020 campaign

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

Clever8619 wrote: »
    Haha I wish otherwise I'd be in Cork 3 years ago.

Cork and Limerick are at less than 12 months service now for a transfer. I hope you're happy with your decision to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Clever8619

Cork and Limerick are at less than 12 months service now for a transfer. I hope you're happy with your decision to leave.

Yeah your dead right two of my mates moved to Limerick recently. Yeah so far so good. Very different job but a tad more interesting day to day.

This is my second time going for this wish use all the best for this 2020 prision serivce campaign anyone have strong idea many going for this campaign and many the prision serive is taking on is it 300 people

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lismore120

Anyone know how long a wait it is from passing the medical to the PCT?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 2019candidate

Lismore120 wrote: »
    Anyone know how long a wait it is from passing the medical to the PCT?
    I was waiting for about 2 months from medical to PCT. They'll give you about 4 weeks notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lismore120

I was waiting for about 2 months from medical to PCT. They'll give you about 4 weeks notice.

Perfect, thanks very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Bryan1986

Has anybody received clearance from the 2019 campaign? Interviewed in August and still waiting.

• Advertisement

Bryan1986 wrote: »
    Has anybody received clearance from the 2019 campaign? Interviewed in August and still waiting.

I'm still waiting myself I heard it could be a few more months though. Hopefully it will come through soon :)

Advertisement