Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recruit Prison Officer 2019

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 RPO Candidate 2019

Anyone else get their security clearance back?

No. Did you get yours back?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Lorcanber1

Hi all ,
    Have my stage 3 interview in 2 weeks time and have basically put in zero effort , can any1 tell me what I can do to help , I haven't received the familarisation material yet , I have a prep interview booked with a lady for next week , she does them for prison recruitment so that would be a help , any feedback would be gratefully appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Borrow

My bmi was over 30s
    Once your reasonably fit your ok.youll do a step test and if heart rate goes over 144 while doing it you fail.
    Pct is ok.dont worry about it too much.very hard to fail.you dont need to be an athlete to pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 patrickpints

No. Did you get yours back?

I rang about the pct and asked how long my security clearance might take, told me mine was back all clear but I wouldnt have been notified until after the pct test.

Happy out

I rang about the pct and asked how long my security clearance might take, told me mine was back all clear but I wouldnt have been notified until after the pct test.

Happy out

That's great news, Patrick. Best of luck on Thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Kells girls

Great news when was your clearance sent ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 2019candidate

How are you feeling for PCT Thursday? I'm on aswell, very nervous. How you finding the training for it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 2019candidate

I just reread the email and it mentions 'involves running backwards and forwards between two points 15 metres apart.'..
    Does anyone know , do you have to run backwards aswell? If so I really haven't planned for this.. also how are people training for weights? I'm finding it very difficult to bench 35kg, do you think it will be easier as the machine we'll be doing them on is more a simulation than dead weights? I'm on, on Thursday, so pretty nervous now to say the least...

I just reread the email and it mentions 'involves running backwards and forwards between two points 15 metres apart.'..
    Does anyone know , do you have to run backwards aswell? If so I really haven't planned for this.. also how are people training for weights? I'm finding it very difficult to bench 35kg, do you think it will be easier as the machine we'll be doing them on is more a simulation than dead weights? I'm on, on Thursday, so pretty nervous now to say the least...

You aren't required to run backwards. You run to the first 15 metre marker/line, turn around and run back to the starting point (which would equal 2/40). Rinse and repeat.

Great news when was your clearance sent ?

Passed interview mid july, so I'm guessing early August it was sent

• Advertisement

Passed interview mid july, so I'm guessing early August it was sent

That’s great hopefully we’ll all get back as quick! Best of luck 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Has anyone got a number to ring and check up on something?

Has anyone got a number to ring and check up on something?

If you look up ips Longford as far as I know that’s who to call for queries

If you look up ips Longford as far as I know that’s who to call for queries

Cheers I'll call them on lunch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 hmurray15

Does anyone know what the initial training consists of and do you have to be away from home for long.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

hmurray15 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the initial training consists of and do you have to be away from home for long.

6 weeks portlaoise, 6 weeks Dublin...

5 days a week.

6 weeks portlaoise, 6 weeks Dublin...

5 days a week.

Thanks just wondering how much I have to be away from the kids

Ive been given an appointment with the chief medical officer in a few weeks, I assume that's to do with my BMI etc.

Ive been given an appointment with the chief medical officer in a few weeks, I assume that's to do with my BMI etc.

Step test I would imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 5 rachiepopz1

Hi my husband did is hearing test yesterday and failed on one ear ! Has this happened to anyone ? Did you still get through ? Or should he book another test before he send off his results .thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Pathfinder2285

I’d say give it another test, A second referral would be ideal, the art to the Audiogram is to concentrate without any distractions from external noises, I missed 1 bleep at a certain frequency and the doctor sent it to the CMO , they phoned me and questioned me about my past (army days ) and were happy to move me on to the next stage, failures mostly come from the environment in which you sit the test, good luck

Does anyone know After the physical how long usually before starting training

hmurray15 wrote: »
    Does anyone know After the physical how long usually before starting training

Depends when you get security clearance back. That's what it all boils down to after all 4 stages passed

Anyone here that has done the physical can you give us any insights?

How strict is it? How many rest periods?

Dreading the 40 shuttle runs

Are you up on the 5th of December

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Lorcanber1

Hi all ,
    Passed stage 3 , am fit and healthy I think , does any 1 know at what stage do they look for references from your employer , working at the moment but dont want ips contacting them without me letting them know.

Just a heads up your BMI needs to be below 35 to be allowed do the step test, I've lost a stone but they still wont let me do it because Im at 37, I tried saying that my muscle mass messes up any BMI chart but the said it needs to be at 35 regardless.

Well time to push myself more in the gym:)

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭jimmythedivil

Just a heads up your BMI needs to be below 35 to be allowed do the step test, I've lost a stone but they still wont let me do it because Im at 37, I tried saying that my muscle mass messes up any BMI chart but the said it needs to be at 35 regardless.

Well time to push myself more in the gym:)

Is it pure gym work you're doing to get the BMI down or mixing it up with other stuff?

Is it pure gym work you're doing to get the BMI down or mixing it up with other stuff?

Mixing it up with and eating better, problem was I didnt get to the gym enough which I've changed now.

Anyone do the physical this week? How did ye get on ? I’m training for mine at mo and stressing over these shuttle runs, I’m not too unfit but still finding hard

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Hemmingsway

Did anyone hear any word back for the fitness stage that placed around the 120 and over merit order of placing?

Advertisement