Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recruit Prison Officer 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,823 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Anyone know how long the interview process goes on for and how long we should wait to hear how we got on?

Got an email there I passed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭ddmam

I passed too, delighted

ddmam wrote: »
    I passed too, delighted

Congrats, how many interviewed in our group as I've no idea if my order of merit is good or bad :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Humphrey Menton

Well done to all who passed. To those who didn't get the result they were after, DON'T give up! You may think that that's easy for me to say, but I've been in the very same position before. Perseverance is key. Learn from what went wrong this time round and TRY TRY again when the opportunity presents itself once again.

• Advertisement

Congrats, how many interviewed in our group as I've no idea if my order of merit is good or bad :pac:

The 1st 90 were called to interview. I moved from the 80's to teens. Delighted

ddmam wrote: »
    The 1st 90 were called to interview. I moved from the 80's to teens. Delighted

I moved up too lil bit behind yourself, how many are they taking on?

No idea, hopefully someone else might know...

• Registered Users Posts: 5 rachiepopz1

hi looking for some help. I received an email about the interview and it says that the clearance from is attached needs to be filled before the interview but i ve check and its not attached.anyone know where i can download the form or who to contact about getting it send out .thanks for your help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 rachiepopz1

Also an advice on the interview.what kind of questions do you get asked?how long was the interview?
    super nervous and excited

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 daveydave1984

I had my interview last week, got my results I passed, was not expecting it tbh. go in and be calm and relaxed, theres 3 interviewers in front of you and a civil servant observing/taking notes.

You will be asked for examples from your working life regarding the 5 competencies they are looking for, plus they will throw in questions relating to the job, my best advice is to read up the familiarization material and know the mission, vision and values of the service, why human rights might be important, conflict management, basically show them you have done your homework on what the job is, what it entails and whats expected of you, and remember....integrity, integrity, integrity....never act unprofessionally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 daveydave1984

Well I passed. delighted, concerned about the 600m shuttle runs for the pct. any idea how long we will have until we have to do it?

Well I passed. delighted, concerned about the 600m shuttle runs for the pct. any idea how long we will have until we have to do it?

It could be weeks, it could be months. There's no time like the present. Get training and ensure you're prepared for when contact is made.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Redmonia

hi looking for some help. I received an email about the interview and it says that the clearance from is attached needs to be filled before the interview but i ve check and its not attached.anyone know where i can download the form or who to contact about getting it send out .thanks for your help :)

Where are you on the panel, I am in 200s so just wondering where they are up to on the second round of interviews. Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Kells girls

Redmonia wrote: »
    Where are you on the panel, I am in 200s so just wondering where they are up to on the second round of interviews. Best of luck with it.

If you ring the public service they will be able to tell you, make sure and have your candidate number

According to the official website of the Irish Prison Service:

'The Irish Prison Service intends to recruit up to 216 Recruit Prison Officers in 2019'.

Hope that helps.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 90 ✭✭Macu17ab

Lads how often are there recruitment drives for the prison service? Is it just the once this year or when is the next one?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Tbromi17

Hi,
    I passed interview too. Has anyone heard about the physical/medical yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭daniel1390

I wad placed mid 200s at assessment centre, will I be called for interview or should I call it a day. Cheers in advance

Tbromi17 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I passed interview too. Has anyone heard about the physical/medical yet?

Nothing yet, I'm waiting on my birth cert and to send in the clearance (was a pain trying to get all details) they emailed asking for the docs, I rang yesterday and was told I'd get a call back today so I'll ask when they medical is, judging by last years thread it was 3 months after the interview.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 E.Drumsy

going for the interview on the 8th august 2019

any tips or how strict were the interviewers ?

any help greatly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Tbromi17

Anyone that has passed the interview. Have you got police clearance from abroad? I was told that we can get clearance ourselves to speed up the process but then I also heard that the prison service must do it for you? Anyone have further info?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Gandijp

Did anyone who got a place in the 100s get a date for an interview yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 private89

Nope, not yet anyway

Hi all, got callwd for interview today, for anyone who has been called already, how was the interview, what was asked and would you have any tips, also how was the group and report exercise. Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭irishgirl91

daniel1390 wrote: »
    Hi all, got callwd for interview today, for anyone who has been called already, how was the interview, what was asked and would you have any tips, also how was the group and report exercise. Thanks in advance

Congrats on being called for the interview

Read the documentation there is 6 core competencies that will be covered during the interview questions will be asked on those so have 2 good examples at least. As for the group exercise it will be fine just listen and talk make sure everyone is communicating there could be numerous scenarios while these interviews are going on so no point in asking questions about it just go in and do your best. For the written report pay attention to the video and write as much down as possible that is factually correct.

Tips
    Prepare your examples
    Getting your clearance form done well in advance same for education
    Good nights sleep too before the interview
    Try not to be too nervous and good luck

How long was the individual interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 JD1982

daniel1390 wrote: »
    How long was the individual interview?

Today, one person was 15 minutes and another 50. In other words prepare your examples for the competencies required and talk of them till they move you along to the next.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 hmurray15

How long from doing the interview until you hear back from them. Just did mine today

• Advertisement

Congratulations on interview. How long was it. How were other exercises. I believe waiting times are 2 r 3 weeks

Advertisement