Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 thread - V2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭bdogg

ELM327 wrote: »
    Other than late delivery, what lies have they told

Starting at $35,000 before incentives

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭shanec1928

bdogg wrote: »
    in the us...:rolleyes:

unkel wrote: »
    Our whole country is less important to Tesla than a small % of one much more significant market where there are real threats to profitability soon.

Tesla is only doing what it should do, maximise profits.

What was the point of being a reservation holder for 3.5 years if you don't get any priority on delivery?

Can see the queues around the block for reserving Model Y based on 3 rollout.

shanec1928 wrote: »
    in the us...:rolleyes:

It still doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

That happened.
    It also happened in UK if you use the exchange rates on the day that announcement was made.

NEXT

• Advertisement

That happened.
    It also happened in UK if you use the exchange rates on the day that announcement was made.

NEXT

Cheapest Model 3 you can get here is €48,900 ($54,080) with incentives of €5000.

The $35,000 which they barely scrape in USA is AFTER incentives not before as promised.

Cheapest Model 3 you can get here is €48,900 ($54,080) with incentives of €5000.

The $35,000 which they barely scrape in USA is AFTER incentives not before as promised.
    It is before incentives.
    People paid less than 28k in california for the SR model that listed at 35k.

They never promised a 35k global model. Anyone (and I said this here multiple times) expecting a 35k EUR model 3 was and is deluded.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

People also forget they have to get the car from the US to Dublin.

eddhorse wrote: »

They've gotten them to remote RHD New Zealand already and next-door to the RHD UK in increasing volumes. Think the point here - and why people are so pissed off - is that they've ignored us completely and kept pushing back their own projected delivery dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭EVGuy

That said, I think a lot of folks were expecting a P to come in at ~€60k final price here, not over 70 ...

Even the "reporters" at the "launch" event in Sandyford were reporting prices as 10k lower than they were - i.e. they seem to have been told a price that was (assumed?) to be before the incentives. I think there is a VRT reduction as well as the 5k from the SEAI too.

@bdogg you would think if they even shipped 10 of the UK cars/week here it would get good press out and start some word of mouth plus reduce the amount of hassling the Sandyford folks are no doubt getting.

Very, very odd.

I just hope we get some "thank you" gift, lower price or some newer tech in the cars ... or all of those.

• Advertisement

They've gotten them to remote RHD New Zealand already and next-door to the RHD UK in increasing volumes. Think the point here - and why people are so pissed off - is that they've ignored us completely and kept pushing back their own projected delivery dates.

UK and Ireland, and Australia/NZ are approximately the same distance from san francisco.

I was referencing the original price in USA being a lot lower than ours, costs more to get it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Old diesel

They've gotten them to remote RHD New Zealand already and next-door to the RHD UK in increasing volumes. Think the point here - and why people are so pissed off - is that they've ignored us completely and kept pushing back their own projected
    delivery dates.

The point from Edd horse is in relation to the price of the car - ie the cost of shipping from US is another cost that has to be included in the price .

The Irish delivery situation is becoming farcical though

If you are not using Tesla finance and are prepared to collect the car in the UK, what is to stop you ordering there? Is it the 6month criteria? (Plenty of "as new" models for sale too)

If you are not using Tesla finance and are prepared to collect the car in the UK, what is to stop you ordering there? Is it the 6month criteria? (Plenty of "as new" models for sale too)

People prefer to give out than think of alternatives.
    The Model 3's will all get here and we will be all delighted.
    And they all lived happily ever after.
    The End.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Hartunion

The End.

Very true but no fun in that !!
    I'm guessing it's going to be dilema time come Nov at this point.... Accept a 192 or defer until Q1 (end) for a 201 reg. I see the delivery date for a new order is showing Nov now... (might be like that for a while). I'm hoping giving I'll get a delivery in Jan given how far down the list I am... (ordered in early Jul).

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hatrack

The VAT makes it prohibitively expensive. The VRT I could live with.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭jordan191

ah yeah this is a bit of a fecking joke, I'm only waiting 3 months or so, but they lads in Sandyford were saying maybe july, definitely late August.......lying through their teeth, now its maybe November/December. it is after all a €65K car and they won't even tell us anything. If this crap continues on till next year, I don't think I'll have the patience and either buy a used model S from the UK or just go in to my friendly BMW dealer who I'm sure will have no hassle taking my 65 grand.

And then it would make you seriously concerned about them, being able to deal with warranty or service issues in a timely manner. Tesla have treated the Irish customers with absolutely no respect, its not like they are cheap cars

• Registered Users Posts: 19,728 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

The End.

There will not be any happily ever after if there is anything wrong with the car or it develops a fault, is involved in an accident requiring new parts, or it just spontaneously decides to burst into flames and immolates itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jarrieta

cnocbui wrote: »
    There will not be any happily ever after if there is anything wrong with the car or it develops a fault, is involved in an accident requiring new parts, or it just spontaneously decides to burst into flames and immolates itself.

Looool, or if it rains!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭smokybacon

jarrieta wrote: »
    Looool, or if it rains!!!

What?

smokybacon wrote: »
    What?

Everybody knows that ev's cannot be used when it rains or you risk to get electrocuted

smokybacon wrote: »
    What?

They leak - boot fills up with water. In freezing weather there are slew of problems: https://electrek.co/2018/11/14/tesla-model-3-cold-weather-flaws/

There is also the air-con mold smell problem where the car reeks.

Quick! - before the article and video are pulled: https://electrek.co/2019/09/19/tesla-autopilot-v10-commute-without-driver-intervention/#disqus_thread

Note the left side of the steering wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Possibly a Stupid question but on Tesla's Model 3 configurator you build out your desired model and at the end it shows as €57k, which is using the 5k SEAI grant.

But it shows a 5,400 VRT, I thought 5k of the VRT was part of the grant too. Do Tesla's not qualify for that?

https://www.evernote.com/l/AdMcqYrENVBH268bQAYIFJLVLmN-LQ4HgjY

cnocbui wrote: »
    Quick! - before the article and video are pulled: https://electrek.co/2019/09/19/tesla-autopilot-v10-commute-without-driver-intervention/#disqus_thread

Note the left side of the steering wheel.

Yeah, there was a company selling a defeat device commercially and Tesla shut them down I think.

Re: FSD - anyone spring for it? I watched a couple of videos of FSD in Model 3 in the UK and it seemed pretty helpless in UK towns. I had FSD but dropped it. The autopilot on motorway is the only one I'll use. The autoparking and summon seem finicky too - will add FSD in a couple of years if it improves.

Possibly a Stupid question but on Tesla's Model 3 configurator you build out your desired model and at the end it shows as €57k, which is using the 5k SEAI grant.

But it shows a 5,400 VRT, I thought 5k of the VRT was part of the grant too. Do Tesla's not qualify for that?

https://www.evernote.com/l/AdMcqYrENVBH268bQAYIFJLVLmN-LQ4HgjY

I think that VRT already has the 5k grant included, I am unable to do the calculations to get to that number though (SR+ VRT is around 2300 in the config page)

On another topic, I just saw that you can use a raspberry Pi to transfer your dashcam footage to your nas or cloud, a video here https://youtu.be/ETs6r1vKTO8

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭jfk75

Few thousand due into UK this evening. Shame none are for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hatrack

Looks like DC Motor Co still haven’t gotten their Model 3s in - do they definitely buy in from the UK? Might head out there this weekend to see what the story is.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement