Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 thread - V2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭IITYWYBMAD

hatrack wrote: »
    Looks like DC Motor Co still haven’t gotten their Model 3s in - do they definitely buy in from the UK? Might head out there this weekend to see what the story is.

What are they charging for these? I see they only have POA listed online.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭EVGuy

@bdogg, they started selling it again as a "mobile phone mount". :(

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭bdogg

jfk75 wrote: »
    Few thousand due into UK this evening. Shame none are for us.

Yeah I know, like 300-350 would completely sort out current Irish orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

jfk75 wrote: »
    Few thousand due into UK this evening. Shame none are for us.

Well I have heard they will truck them from the UK too so maybe there are some for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

eddhorse wrote: »
    Well I have heard they will truck them from the UK too so maybe there are some for us.

Doubt that. I'm still betting VIN matches in October with early November sales.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Coffee Cap

I got the following from DC Motor co when I asked about price, "We have a number of Model 3’s available and the start at €51500 for a white SR+ model price includes all taxes and grants"

• Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

51.5k is not bad, only a couple of k markup and probably they offer PCP too, lower monthly rates than getting HP with tesla.
    Wonder if it includes FSD

hatrack wrote: »
    The VAT makes it prohibitively expensive. The VRT I could live with.
    You get the VAT back though....

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭jfk75

Doubt that. I'm still betting VIN matches in October with early November sales.

I would say your right but we can dream. Did someone not say Sandyford was closed on Saturday now until November , that would make sense for November deliveries. Maybe we'll be lucky and they'll send 100 over as a token start and some good publicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,800 ✭✭✭✭unkel

ELM327 wrote: »
    51.5k is not bad, only a couple of k markup and probably they offer PCP too, lower monthly rates than getting HP with tesla.
    Wonder if it includes FSD

Agreed. It won't include FSD though.

• Advertisement

Also worth finding out if you are the first or second owner

• Registered Users Posts: 64,800 ✭✭✭✭unkel

No doubt the second owner. Car needs to be registered in the UK first otherwise it won't get the GBP3,500 incentive.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 fennelln

I’d also wonder how many cars a day they could realistically deliver with just the 2 delivery bays. 9-6 every day. At worst 18 and maybe best 36.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

fennelln wrote: »
    I’d also wonder how many cars a day they could realistically deliver with just the 2 delivery bays. 9-6 every day. At worst 18 and maybe best 36.

Well they would have to get car storage somewhere near Dublin, cant keep them all in Sandyford. Like National Vehicle Distribution in Baldonnell

• Registered Users Posts: 13 fennelln

eddhorse wrote: »
    Well they would have to get car storage somewhere near Dublin, cant keep them all in Sandyford. Like National Vehicle Distribution in Baldonnell

Sorry I meant in terms of physical handovers to customers from the Tesla store. I think they are spending an 30mins to an hour in handover in other countries.

fennelln wrote: »
    Sorry I meant in terms of physical handovers to customers from the Tesla store. I think they are spending an 30mins to an hour in handover in other countries.

15 to 30 mins I think is the average. In other countries some of the owners clubs give a dig out but since there's no 3 owners here yet that's not going to happen. Would gladly take the car sight unseen as long as Tesla guaranteed any issues that came up afterwards (which I believe they do). To be honest if they asked me to go to Zeebrugge in the morning I would! ;):P:p:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭EVGuy

Likewise, or if they dropped it off at the house on a lorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

You get the VAT back though....

Only in certain circumstances. It's not straight forward.

zep wrote: »
    Only in certain circumstances. It's not straight forward.

It absolutely is straight forward.
    The certain circumstances are : any time you pay VAT twice in the EU

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭mouthful

Interesting twitter thread about Uk delivery

Loads of speculative comments but some wisdom also https://twitter.com/evnewsdaily/status/1174619973446250497?s=21

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭drver1

Just seen a transporter load of Model 3s on M50 heading for Sandyford, all black and grey,aero wheels.

drver1 wrote: »
    Just seen a transporter load of Model 3s on M50 heading for Sandyford, all black and grey,aero wheels.

Now if your teasing we'll find you!!!! ;):p:D;):p

At the dundrum exit, so should be at the Garage now.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭smokybacon

drver1 wrote: »
    At the dundrum exit, so should be at the Garage now.

Bloody hell

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Markjsca1

Someone on the FB group put up photos of another transporter with Model 3's from late last night.

Buying a Tesla? Get free credits using my referral link https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/mark65212

Wonder if its deliveries of SR+ models first for some reason - if they all have the eco wheels

smokybacon wrote: »
    Bloody hell

Hands off buddy......I'm off to chain myself to one as we speak! :D I'll either leave in a Tesla or a paddy wagon! :D;):D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Markjsca1

Wonder if its deliveries of SR+ models first for some reason - if they all have the eco wheels

FB group photos shows aero wheels and sports wheels (mainly sport from the ~6 on the transporter)

Buying a Tesla? Get free credits using my referral link https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/mark65212

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭bdogg

Markjsca1 wrote: »
    FB group photos shows aero wheels and sports wheels (mainly sport from the ~6 on the transporter)

Can you re-up the photo here? FB group is closed.

• Advertisement

My eyes weren't deceiving me so 😀

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement